Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Webbigale2002 is offline Training Camp

Complete Makeover

Is anyone else excited about the complete makeover that the new ownership and coaching staff have given the Vikings? It feels as if they came in and wanted to completely wash their hands of the rocky past couple of years and start a new, fresh look Viking organization. New ownership....new coaching staff....NO NONSENSE (goodbye Daunte).......new uniforms....new attitude....new stadium in the works.... I am always looking forward to the start of a new Viking season, but this year feels different.....promising. I think the future holds great things, maybe not THIS year, but I haven't been quite this optimistic in 26 years of being a Viking fan. Let's hope so. SKOL!
    Daunte who?

Redrouster is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Complete Makeover

I really like the whole deal also. I just hope and pray this stadium thing goes. That would be tremendous for our organization. I do feel even though there are a lot of changes, they have been for the good. What I am really looking forward to is a rock solid "D".

SKOL

Prophet Guest

I agree WG, the changes were desperately needed. Many of us are cautiously optimistic.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    I agree WG, the changes were desperately needed. Many of us are cautiously optimistic.
    That's an excellent phrase for the way I feel, too.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Very excited, yet not overly excited.. We were all like this at the start of last season, and it came back to bite us in the a$$. Now if everything works out like it should, then we will be very happy Viking fans.. Hopefully that is what happens.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I'm causiously excited. I don't want to get my hopes to high yet. We just need to take one day at a time.

jaymz7 is offline Asst. Coach

I am excited and am really looking forward to this season.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I'd say it's a mixed bag. Yes, excited, but also nervous. I'm trying not to get my expectations too high. The odds are against us, in that rarely does such a complete overhaul result in instant success. Also, our coaches, are relatively inexperienced, neither our head coach or either coordinator has been in that position before. Yes, they've all come from good systems, but that doesn't always translate into them being successful on their own. Also, the last time the Bears ran away with the division and came back the next year to stink it up, they didn't have Lovie Smith at coach. Also, while I'm excited about Chester Taylor being the 20-carry 16 game back we need, he's also never shouldered that workload for a full season yet, playing in the shadow of Jamal Lewis. If Birk stays healthy, and Hutchinson and McKinnie deliver, I think he'll be fine. But, it's hard to say he's capable of a 300+ carry season right now. I hope he is, but I don't know.

I think realistically, the Bears have the best shot at the division title. I think we'll compete with them, but they have the upper hand at this point. Although, I don't think there's much, if any, doubt we'll at least finish ahead of Detroit and Green Bay. Although, despite the loss of Javon Walker and non-retirement of Brett Favre the Packers did make some key additions on defense in Hawk and Woodson. Also, Martz at OC with Detroit is a little scary, but I thought the same thing about Mariucci as their Head coach. I just hope we stay healthy and at least make the playoffs.

The last time I had low expectations going into a season was 2000. Daunte's first year as starter, and that turned out to be one of the best 2 or 3 seasons we've had in the last 15 years or so. Hopefully this year's results will be similar.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    That's an excellent phrase for the way I feel, too.
    Same here. Good wording prophet.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    That;s a good way to put it!

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast