Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Competition On OL Remains Thick; Practice Notes

Aside from being back “home” again for practice, it was also nice to see RG Anthony Herrera back in the action. Herrera didn’t participate in the Mankato portion of training camp and he didn’t play in Saturday night’s preseason opener because of injuries, but on Monday Herrera was back in the action and he was working with the first-team offense.

Herrera wasn’t the only one working with the first-team at RG, though. In fact, I noticed quite a bit of rotation at first-team RG and at second-team RT. Herrera and Scott Kooistra spent time with the first-team at RG, while Chris DeGeare, who started at RG on Saturday night, was actually playing RT with the second-team. Also playing with the first-team at RG was Ryan Cook.

It was a bit of a surprise to see Kooistra at RG because he’s played primarily OT during training camp. He does have experience playing guard, though, so it wouldn’t be a total surprise to see him make the move inside. For now, Frazier indicated Kooistra will concentrate mainly on OT.
    Competition On Offensive Line Remains Thick; Practice Notes

Saw something in the yell from our good friend MulletMullitia about Herrera. This is good news.

Kindof interesting all the permeations that are being mixed in as they try to figure out the OL this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Competition On OL Remains Thick; Practice Notes

Vikings right guard Anthony Herrera returned sooner than expected from the physically-unable-to-perform list, joining the first team in group installation for Monday's practice at Winter Park.
    Herrera returns earlier than expected

Man this is good news. Lets hope he isn't being rushed back.

Something of interest......

Herrera, 31, did not participate in 11-on-11 drills, opening the door for Scott Kooistra and Ryan Cook to get reps. Cook replaced Herrera after he was injured last season.
    Looks like the Degeare at RG experiment is over. I like what I saw out of him at LG last year but not sure if he can make the switch based on what I saw last week and what I've been reading out of camp.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

Definitely a positive sign from the standpoint that they will give other guys a shot if someone isn't playing up to expectations.

Lets hope that they do the same at safety.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104616
    Vikings right guard Anthony Herrera returned sooner than expected from the physically-unable-to-perform list, joining the first team in group installation for Monday's practice at Winter Park.
    Herrera returns earlier than expected

Man this is good news. Lets hope he isn't being rushed back.

Something of interest......

Herrera, 31, did not participate in 11-on-11 drills, opening the door for Scott Kooistra and Ryan Cook to get reps. Cook replaced Herrera after he was injured last season.
    Looks like the Degeare at RG experiment is over. I like what I saw out of him at LG last year but not sure if he can make the switch based on what I saw last week and what I've been reading out of camp.
    Agree with you my friend

Quote Originally Posted by "Johnson14" #1104635
    Agree with you my friend
    Thanks.......Just dawned on me, were the heck is our good friend Bleed today. No one has called me an idiot or yelled at me all day long. :lol:

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104647
    Agree with you my friend
    Thanks.......Just dawned on me, were the heck is our good friend Bleed today. No one has called me an idiot or yelled at me all day long. :lol:
    idiot.

:P

Quote Originally Posted by "josdin00" #1104649
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104647
    Agree with you my friend
    idiot.

:P
    :kiss: As I said, PPO has the "Old Feel" about it today and thats a good thing.

Heres to one hell of a year......

The general consensus after the first preseason game is that the Vikings‘ offensive line looks about as stout as a group of fourth graders attempting to protect their school from a 50-ft tsunami by standing in front of it with their arms interlocked. Yes it was that brutal at times. I don’t want to suggest Steve Hutchinson looked washed-up on that one 3rd-and-short play, but the only other time I remember a grown man going backward that fast it was because he got too close to a jet engine.
    The Vikings Offensive Line is a Bleeping Mess
    Everyone that hates our OL will like what this guys says, except maybe the ones that will take umbrage to his comments about Hutch.