Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Comparison: 1st full year @ QB: Tarvaris vs. Daunte

"aaeyers" wrote:
    So you are comparing a first round pick playing with two Hall of Fame WRs in a pass happy offense to a div II QB playing in a ground based offense who had Bobby Wade as his best receiver... How is that in any way applicable?
    Exactly, which is why I regretted clicking this thread immediately

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"aaeyers" wrote:
    So you are comparing a first round pick playing with two Hall of Fame WRs in a pass happy offense to a div II QB playing in a ground based offense who had Bobby Wade as his best receiver... How is that in any way applicable?
    It isn't.
    Just another attempt at a dig on TJack.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Why would you use Daunte as the standard here? If TJ turns out to be another Daunte, we are screwed!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

We get it, you don't like Tarvaris Jackson. Moving on..
    :
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

"aaeyers" wrote:
    It's not. At all. And you basically say you like when TJack runs but you don't want him to when the pocket collapses? You might as well put yourself into a coma until August if you need to speculate this much.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

He is also forgetting an important stat. Probably the most important.

Completion Percentage:
    TJ
    58.2%
    DC 62.7%

Not that much of a difference!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"aaeyers" wrote:
    It's is applicable. Works out in TJs advantage if you ask me. See my last post. TJ is more advanced than I thought he would be when we drafted him. Especially with less to work with compared to Daunte.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Why not compare both of their last 6 complete games as Vikings....not counting the game Daunte getting hurt against the Panthers

Both are completing about 65% of their passes for an average of 7.5/7.6 yards Pep hit over 1500 yards (no run game) while Jackson has just over 1100 (AD factor ;D, great run game)) Daunte 6 tds and a dozen picks and Jackson 7 tds with 6 picks

Then factor in Daunte turned into an asshat, Tarvaris is progressing from a Div II raw starter, now with Booty in his rearview mirror and is being a team player......Daunte currently has no team, no team visits...Jackson is a Viking and Daunte is....currently a nobody

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"StillPurple" wrote:
    To me fumbles lost is not an important stat for a QB. There are just too many factors (did someone blow a block and thus the QB got blindsided ? i.e. it was not his fault, etc..

What was the field position (a fumble inside their red zone when we are up by 20 is not so bad, etc...) ?

The TD to INT ratio for Daunte was always (very) positive, except for one year with us. I think a QB rating of 70.8 is o.k., but there is nothing in T-Jacks's stats that to me indicate that he is a starter in the NFL.

To me, a QB rating under 75 and more INTs than TDs should set off red lights...

Ahhh bro, Daunte's fumble numbers are rediculous. Mostly because he has tiny hands but he was clubsy with the football, not just fumbles but really bad INT's. I don't think there is any doubt that QB fumbles is important especailly when the numbers are that high.

First off I'm gonna explain the difference circomstances/situtations each player was in. First off Daunte had Randy Moss and Cris Carter to throw the ball to. Matt Birk in his prime with McKinnie and Stringer at LT. Good overall surrounding for the most part. Daunte was also far more experienced in college. Tarvaris was far less experienced and raw. Daunte was taken early, Tarvaris a late 2nd round pick. Daunte was on the bench when Tarvaris was getting his @ss handed to him at Lambo in the freezing cold as a Rookie. His first start he had no WR's and an OL at the end of the season out of gas. As far as the second season starting the situations have been practicly the same but Tarvaris was in an understandle run happy offense with limits to the passing game. Given Daunte's situtation I could understand a stellar start. Based on where he was drafted and who was surrounding him. This season will be true test for Tarvaris as he finally has similarity to Daunte's situation.

First off I would never base my decisions off of stats especailly considering the situations and differences between the two. I would base my decision off of what I've seen on the field. Also considering what I hear about work ethic.

Those red lights might not be so bright considering a different situation. Your failing to understand the situation. There's a number of players that can effect an actual QB rating, unfortunatly Troy Williamson was there to effect Tarvaris's, along with a number of things. Again try not using stats this time, consider the situations.

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

"marstc09" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:
    It's is applicable. Works out in TJs advantage if you ask me. See my last post. TJ more advanced than I thought he would be when we drafted him. Especially we less to work with compared to Daunte.
    Two different offenses, two different sets of supporting players, two different levels of experience/preparation.. I don't see any connection other than the color of the jersey. There are so many external variables when considering quarterback performance that it is completely useless to compare two guys.

If you want to compare Jackson to previous players, you should look at historical averages, not specific guys. That way it levels out the anomalies associated with the team based nature of football. (http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=41345.0)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast