Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Comparing Sidney Rice to Plaxico Burress

"midgensa" wrote:
    A fairly good comparison I think. Plax is a little bigger (an inch taller and about 25-30 pounds heavier) and both have solid hands and can go up and get it. Neither one is fast really. Plax only ran between a 4.5-4.6 in the combine about 8 years ago ... Sidney only ran a 4.51 in the prime of his life. Definitely not speedsters by wideout standards, but neither is deathly slow.
    Funny how different 4.5 is from 4.65 ... which is what Mike Williams ran. That guy is slower than a grandmother crossing the road.
    i don't think you can really compare the two guys... I think Plax actualy ran in the 4.4 4.3 range... not 4.5...

People were comparing Plax to Moss.... sidney IMO is faster version of Fitz, slower Braylon, and probably identical to a Marques Colston type guy...

Not Plax really IMO.... not bad tho...

MindFreak is offline Starter

Rice is only going to get better as the years go on, the only thing i didn't like, and it was just a few times he would make the spectacular catches look routine while having issues with the routine catches.
    Anyway he will be
    a true #1 receiver within a couple years
    You can't be let down if you don't expect the world

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"GALLY" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "GALLY" wrote:
    Burress seems to take games off over the course of a season. Last night was a tremendous game but before that he did nothing against the other teams.
    That would be my big knock on Burress.....
    Burress was dealing with a Leg/Foot injury all season.
    I wasn't talking just about this year.
    He has done it his whole career.
    He plays when he wants to and it seems going against a physical corner that talks (like Harris) brings out his best.
    I think last years playoffs he was held without a catch and was virtually invisible.

He has gotten better but still doesn't play every game with the same intensity......
    He's been pretty awesome his whole career. He had to share the ball with Randle El and Ward in Pittsburgh, and he's been productive while he's healthy in NYC. I mean, I see what you're saying, but I think it's other factors such as injury and Eli Manning's issues as well.

I loved to see him talk shit to Harris and the Green Bay bench the whole game.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

safe to say that burress is significantly stronger than rice at this point, and experienced..maybe rice can turn into that kind of guy, but itd be a few years of bulking up and learning to use his body against defenders
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"MindFreak" wrote:
    Rice is only going to get better as the years go on, the only thing i didn't like, and it was just a few times he would make the spectacular catches look routine while having issues with the routine catches.
    Anyway he will be
    I think he will be a good reciever in this scheme but to try and label him a #1 reciever kindof misses the mark with respect to the scheme I believe we will try to pass out of when all the pieces are in place.

I don't have much to base it on, however, I believe that the premise of our passing attack in this version will be to attack an area of the field in multiple levels (short,intermediate, long) in a way that allows for the QB to make quick reads in one given area often times resulting in the ball going to the guy who gets open first (usually the short slant) followed by the intermediate or deep route followed by the back as a dumpoff if nothing gets open.

This should be a very sound approach considering the age/experience level of our QB as well as our recievers.

With that said, here is a really good article that lays out several different ideas on how to attack defenses in the passing arena.

Again, I don't really put much thought/credence into the whole #1, #2, #3 types of recievers but focus more on who can play what position and do they fit into the overall piece of the pie.

Thus, when choosing players from teams that utilize a form of the WCO, remember that the "No 1." receiver is not the focus of the offense, nor even of the passing game. Pinkston was the Eagles' "No. 2" last year, but he put up better numbers. WCO teams typically share the wealth in receptions between the SE and Flanker positions, with the slot receiver typically getting another 30-40 catches per year and the backs similar totals.
    What we lacked out of the pie was the guy that could go deep.
    Without that piece the pie wasn't complete.

With that said, call him what you want to, but I want them to go after a guy that can not only stretch the field but also fight for it over the middle if necessary.

http://www.kffl.com/article.php/1790/204
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MindFreak is offline Starter

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "MindFreak" wrote:
    Anyway he will be
    I think he will be a good reciever in this scheme but to try and label him a #1 reciever kindof misses the mark with respect to the scheme I believe we will try to pass out of when all the pieces are in place.

I don't have much to base it on, however, I believe that the premise of our passing attack in this version will be to attack an area of the field in multiple levels (short,intermediate, long) in a way that allows for the QB to make quick reads in one given area often times resulting in the ball going to the guy who gets open first (usually the short slant) followed by the intermediate or deep route followed by the back as a dumpoff if nothing gets open.

This should be a very sound approach considering the age/experience level of our QB as well as our recievers.

With that said, here is a really good article that lays out several different ideas on how to attack defenses in the passing arena.

Again, I don't really put much thought/credence into the whole #1, #2, #3 types of recievers but focus more on who can play what position and do they fit into the overall piece of the pie.

Thus, when choosing players from teams that utilize a form of the WCO, remember that the "No 1." receiver is not the focus of the offense, nor even of the passing game. Pinkston was the Eagles' "No. 2" last year, but he put up better numbers. WCO teams typically share the wealth in receptions between the SE and Flanker positions, with the slot receiver typically getting another 30-40 catches per year and the backs similar totals.
    What we lacked out of the pie was the guy that could go deep.
    Without that piece the pie wasn't complete.

With that said, call him what you want to, but I want them to go after a guy that can not only stretch the field but also fight for it over the middle if necessary.

http://www.kffl.com/article.php/1790/204
    Never looked at it that way, i think having it engrained in my head year after year of this is your #1, Receiver, #2 receiver for so long i immediately think the way of will he be a #1 a #2 and so on.
    Very good read, thanx for bringing that to my attention
    You can't be let down if you don't expect the world

GALLY is offline Starter

He's been pretty awesome his whole career. He had to share the ball with Randle El and Ward in Pittsburgh, and he's been productive while he's healthy in NYC. I mean, I see what you're saying, but I think it's other factors such as injury and Eli Manning's issues as well.

I loved to see him talk pooh to Harris and the Green Bay bench the whole game.
    [/quote]

He is an awesome WR speciman and he's been good his whole career - especially if you look at season stats.

How much have you watched him game in and game out?
    I had him for a couple years in fantasy football so I would watch him specifically and there were games you could tell he just wasn't there to play.
    It didn't matter about QB play or anything else.
    Then there were games like Sunday's when the guy was unstoppable and you wonder where that went.
    Very frustrating......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123