Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Comparing Cpep to Vick

yah the arguement for Vick is that when he plays the Falcons win i think he has like a 70% winning percentage, i don't have a clue has to what Culpepper's winning percentage is.
    Culpepper is definately more a QB than Vick is, Daunte hasn't had to totally depend on his legs his entire career. Vick is finally picking up the west coast offense but still has a little trouble with his accuracy. there is no real wrong answer to the question, of who is the better player they both have their ups and downs, but both are amazing players and athletes

Thanks Josdin

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Vick can't pass worth a dammmn. All he does is run around and jook people. Daunte can pass and run. no comparison as far as I am concerned. Vick will never win a superbowl but Daunte could, not with this team but he can.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

it is very hard to compair these two as their games are pretty different. well everyone's game is alot different from these guys. they are both so unique and different from every other qb in the league. when a team plays vick, the whole defense has to change its style to try and beat him. you cannot let him run. as with culpepper, he can do pretty much anything on the field. they both have great arms(daunte's is more acc) and greats legs(vick is of coarse way faster) but its really all about who turns over the ball less and wins more games. and thats vick. but i cannot say no to culepper, he has more of a personality and i love the guy to death and he drives a wicked nice car.
    Go Vikings
    We're bringing purple back.

it is very hard to compair these two as their games are pretty different. well everyone's game is alot different from these guys. they are both so unique and different from every other qb in the league. when a team plays vick, the whole defense has to change its style to try and beat him. you cannot let him run. as with culpepper, he can do pretty much anything on the field. they both have great arms(daunte's is more acc) and greats legs(vick is of coarse way faster) but its really all about who turns over the ball less and wins more games. and thats vick. but i cannot say no to culepper, he has more of a personality and i love the guy to death and he drives a wicked nice car.
    Go Vikings

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

Lets look at there careers thus far. And who says vick doesnt fumble?

for the career
    ___________Passing___________
    Cpep
    (6 years, 78 games)
    Comp 64.4
    Yards 19367
    TD's 132
    INT 82
    Rate 92.1

Vick
    (5 years, 46 games)
    Comp 53.7
    Yards 7065
    TD 39
    INT 28
    Rate 76.9

___________Rushing___________

Cpep
    Yards 2394
    Avg 5.4
    TD 29

Vick
    Yards 2398
    Avg 7.2
    TD 14

__________Fumbles____________

Cpep 78

Vick 39

Looking at this Cpep is by far the better QB, and who said Cpep fumbles more? Vick has 39 fumbles in almost half as many starts as Cpep. Vick has the edge in the INT though but cpep has the lead in TD's 161 to 53. And remember, Cpep didnt play in his 1st year so really its only 6 years of cpeps career to 5 years of vicks career.

As far as wins? I think that is a team issue, not a qb issue. like last year, we would have won 4 more games if our defense could stop a team with less then 3 min left.

fred3105 is offline Coordinator

Actually Daunte does fumbles more.

77games 78fumbles for Daunte.
    46games 39fumbles for Vick.

I would also say that Vick is more prone to fumble because he runs a lot more than Daunte.

443runs in 77games for Daunte.
    332runs in 46games for Vick.
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Vick is good PEP is good.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Prophet Guest

"Vikes" wrote:
    Vick is good PEP is good.
    :shock: I didn't know we had journalists from ESPN frequenting the site.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Two different guys. Like comparing Montana to Marino.

Vicks a finesse runner/thrower, Culpepper is a power runner/thrower.

Vick gets hurt. Culpepper doesn't.

Vick doesn't fumble. Culpepper does.
    Culpepper does get hurt though. It may not be for an entire season, but he's had ticky tack injuries!

I think some of us are really bias on here. Granted I really love to have cpep as our QB, but we can't take anything away from Vick. The biggest difference is winning %. I don't know what Vick's record is as a starter, but I think it's pretty good. Granted they've had better defenses than Daunte has ever had, but still. Numbers wise there is no doubt that Culpepper is the more superior QB. I don't know if any of that made sense I was just rambling.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

another thing to add, vick gets sacked alot. with all that speed and what not, you would think that he wouldnt ever get caught for a loss. but he does. pepper has learned to throw the ball away and not get himself in 2nds and longs.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast