brandsp is offline Rookie

Communication Problems

You'd think C Pep and Nate would be on the same page by now. The Int and the fumbled/backward pass were both miscommunication between them. And when S. Rice caused Pep to fumble why in the sam was Wiggins having to block him 1 on 1?

As for our running game, why did we not try to run one sweep or outside run? I don't think I even saw one guard or center pull the whole game.

I wish Memo wasn't made out of straw. (well as far as NFL players are concerned) With or O-Line not playing well we need him to play. Bennett would be great if we could get him past the line of scrimmage, but this isn't the great O-line that we've had the past 10 yrs.

The new D looks sweet. Now if they'd not cramp up and have to leave the game, they'd dominate.

How many of you think that our kicking game would be sooo good and K. Howry would do a good job returning punts, while the Off would struggle?

I almost want the Vikes to do bad this year, so we can get Tice outta here and get a real coach. I put this blame on McCombs (the worst thing ever to happen to the Vikings ever) His cheap ways have cost us a SB already, and are hurting this years team.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Communication Problems

"brandsp" wrote:
    You'd think C Pep and Nate would be on the same page by now. The Int and the fumbled/backward pass were both miscommunication between them. And when S. Rice caused Pep to fumble why in the sam was Wiggins having to block him 1 on 1?

As for our running game, why did we not try to run one sweep or outside run? I don't think I even saw one guard or center pull the whole game.

I wish Memo wasn't made out of straw. (well as far as NFL players are concerned) With or O-Line not playing well we need him to play. Bennett would be great if we could get him past the line of scrimmage, but this isn't the great O-line that we've had the past 10 yrs.

The new D looks sweet. Now if they'd not cramp up and have to leave the game, they'd dominate.

How many of you think that our kicking game would be sooo good and K. Howry would do a good job returning punts, while the Off would struggle?

I almost want the Vikes to do bad this year, so we can get Tice outta here and get a real coach. I put this blame on McCombs (the worst thing ever to happen to the Vikings ever) His cheap ways have cost us a SB already, and are hurting this years team.

I'm going to pretend I didn't read that!!

The miscommunication did suck, but on the pick that cpep threw towards Burleson was more due to the pass rush I think, he had absolutely no time on that pass and hurried his throw. As for the fumble I have no clue about that and as for the 1 0n 1 blocking of Rice with a TE, that is absolutely nuts! I don't care if it's a designed roll out to the opposite side or not!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Brian Kelly jumped the route and thats why pep tried it to pull it back down. there was no miscommunication on that play.

brandsp is offline Rookie

4 Life

I love the Vikes and have since I was 8 yrs old. I want them to win a SB for once, not just be the Eagles and get close all the time. Berzinski and Studwell and wiggins have done a great job, but as long as Tice is the Head Coach, we can't win it all. I know McCombs has done some handcuffing of Tice in not letting him hire an O coord and letting Linehan go. (Poor Loney has 14 jobs) But, Tice just doesn't seem to have a clue, and will continue to hold this team back. Sure our talent will get us to the playoffs this year, but we can't win a SB with Tice running the show.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

I was looking at coaches and we do need a good linebacker, A.J. Hawk, tanking came to mind but I wouldn't live with myself if it actually happened. With a good coach we would actually be greatly improved but this is Tice's last chance, everyone is on the last year of their contract so it'll all work out...
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

tosstomoss is offline Starter

Iagree Tice needs to go, but never do I want to see the vikes do bad

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    Brian Kelly jumped the route and thats why pep tried it to pull it back down. there was no miscommunication on that play.
    Right on, Daunte saw Kelly playing waaay off Nate. So he audibled to a short throw. Kelly/the D read it and and Daunte tried to pull it down because he knew it would be a pic, the ball slipped.

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

"DaunteHOF" wrote:
    I was looking at coaches and we do need a good linebacker, A.J. Hawk, tanking came to mind but I wouldn't live with myself if it actually happened. With a good coach we would actually be greatly improved but this is Tice's last chance, everyone is on the last year of their contract so it'll all work out...
    Hawk is a pimp, it would be great to get him. Being a Hawkeye fan though, I would love it if they got Hodge or Greenway!

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"michaelmazid" wrote:

That's not true at all. That is what the idiot announcers said, but if you saw the replay of the play, Daunte did a checkdown and burleson was standing at the line with his arms out, like he didn't understand what daunte was audibling to. So burleson ran straight down the field, when daunte expected him to basically stop and run one of the swing passes that usually get us a crappy 2 or 3 yards each time we run them. That is why Daunte had to pull the ball back, because he saw burleson wasn't even out there to catch the swing pass.

Also, the first int was miscommunication also. Again, Daunte audibled, but Nate didn't understand or hear it. Nate ran straight down the field and wasn't even expecting a pass his way. When he turned, he was shocked that a pass was even thrown.

Hopefully they can get those checkdowns figured out, because they might have cost us the game yesterday.

sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

"ShanePurpleBlood" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    Right on, Daunte saw Kelly playing waaay off Nate. So he audibled to a short throw. Kelly/the D read it and and Daunte tried to pull it down because he knew it would be a pic, the ball slipped.
    If he saw that they read the play and it would be picked why not thow it into the stands. A few years back Daunte was doing this kind of thing, last year he would have thown it away. I think it comes down to coaching and that is where the team lacks depth.
    I.B.O.T. #213