Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Commentary: (Vikings) Changing for a Championship

http://min.scout.com/2/727887.html
    The Vikings have been on the brink of the playoffs for the last five years, making it once. But now they seem to be going after successful models that can win for the long haul...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Commentary: (Vikings) Changing for a Championship

Good article. I wasn't aware that we are the 5th most winning team by percentage. Sadly, however, I was aware of our dismal playoff record.

Still, we are going to be a good team for a long time, and SB or not, it's going to be fun to be a Vikings fan for quite a while.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Owner Zygi Wilf and head coach Brad Childress seem to be building the Vikings along the models provided by the Eagles and Patriots, two teams who are usually in the playoff hunt
    I like scout but sometimes they are block heads.

It sure the hell isn't Wilf and The Chiller building this team.
    I give way more credit to Spielman and the front office (Specifically the Scouting Staffs).
    The are actually the ones brining the right players in.

Hell, all the Chiller and company have to do is coach the kids, and the Owner just needs to keep writing checks IMHO.

Truth be told, the next guy that will leave the Vikes will be Studwell or Bryzcheapski.
    Won't be long and those guys will get a GM job with one of these teams (ala Redskins) that have front offices that suck.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

[/quote]

I agree with that

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

good read

somehow we have to figure out a way to get over the playoff hump again and win games

certainly cannot be blamed on the coaches.....owners....or players, considering the span of the issue

maybe we have a curse, like the Red Sox

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    good read

somehow we have to figure out a way to get over the playoff hump again and win games

certainly cannot be blamed on the coaches.....owners....or players, considering the span of the issue

I actually think it is a bit more simplistic than that.

New owner, New front office, New coaching staff, rebuilt(ing) team.

All they needed to do is grow a bit with each other.
    Another solid draft to add depth, a key FA at DE and/or WR, S and we should get over alot of humps this year my friend.

Don't get me wrong, we still have alot of youth at several key skilled positions that will do bonehead things, but I see the future and it is pretty damn near if you ask me.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    good read

I actually think it is a bit more simplistic than that.

New owner, New front office, New coaching staff, rebuilt(ing) team.

All they needed to do is grow a bit with each other.
    Another solid draft to add depth, a key FA at DE and/or WR, S and we should get over alot of humps this year my friend.

Don't get me wrong, we still have alot of youth at several key skilled positions that will do bonehead things, but I see the future and it is pretty gol 'darnit near if you ask me.
    ;D

I agree with u but however with that all said things will change in a heart beat cause chilly has been and does have a nid of his own and will screw things up a bit. But you did hit it right on the head for sure and with our man with Leukemia ( God help him) good luck my man! Anyway yes that is where we are and I want to see us beat the cheaters now that they cant cheat! He he. Bet He has to quit and cant win any big games anymore without any cheating lol gol darn it.
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I hope they don't rely too heavily on anything the Eagles did. Hell, we have been good enough to get to the playoffs under several regimes and have our share of getting to the super bowl and not winning it.

If you think it is hard being a Vikings fan sometimes, it is WAY better than being an eagles fan.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Owner Zygi Wilf and head coach Brad Childress seem to be building the Vikings along the models provided by the Eagles and Patriots, two teams who are usually in the playoff hunt

It sure the hell isn't Wilf and The Chiller building this team.
    I give way more credit to Spielman and the front office (Specifically the Scouting Staffs).
    The are actually the ones brining the right players in.

Hell, all the Chiller and company have to do is coach the kids, and the Owner just needs to keep writing checks IMHO.

Truth be told, the next guy that will leave the Vikes will be Studwell or Bryzcheapski.
    Won't be long and those guys will get a GM job with one of these teams (ala Redskins) that have front offices that suck.
    You have to give the Wilfs some credit for not gutting everything after a couple of losing seasons.
    The Wilfs seem to be taking good advice and making smart business decisions.
    That cannot be said for every NFL ownership group/owner.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I like the Wilf's philosophy of building through the draft and requiring a high standard of conduct.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast