Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Coming off the ledge: Vikings really not that far away from being a good team

I like his blog, but he seriously needs to add PP.O to his Vikings Links.
    We should all Post a Comment and make the suggestion.

;D

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Coming off the ledge: Vikings really not that far away from being a good tea

Marino and Favre
    I saw Dan Marino play live in 1994. He torched the Vikes for 431 yards in a 38-35 Viking victory. For what it's worth--nothing--I was more impressed seeing Marino live than I was seeing Favre live.
    I was at that game too.
    I think we were ahead 28 points at the half.
    That was torture.

Marino was awesome in that game.

I liked the writing of the blog at the beginning then it got scattered.
    I think he is right though, we are close.
    You guys might be right about TJ and that would be a set back in this scenario.
    IMHO, we need a QB to be consistant through the years, just a RB and a WR won't cut it.

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Coming off the ledge: Vikings really not that far away from being a good tea

"V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    We are very close to being a good team, but unfortunately the things we need to make us a good team are not easy to come by. Most of all, we need a solid (if not good) quarterback. Unfortunately, the odds are not on our side for Tarvaris panning out and being the guy to take us to the next level.

??? How can you say that after just 4 games?
    I dunno, maybe because he has sucked in those 4 games. Decent at best in 1 out of the 4.

Here are some stats from the 1st 4 starts:

QB rating 54.3
    TD's - 3
    INT's - 11

[size=20pt]These are Peyton Mannings stats in his 1st 4 starts[/size].

sig courtesy of PPE

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I agree that we're not that far away...I'm not thinking playoffs, "Playoffs?
    Don't say Playoffs!!" but, I still think this team has the potential to be similar to Tice's first years' team and win some games down the road that we have no business winning.
    In 02 we ruined two teams playoff hopes while finishing the year 3-0 in a 6-10 season...and then coming out the next year with a 6-0 start.

As long the the defense is keeping it within one score, IMHO, with a little luck (ahh, the good kind, of which we've seen little this season.
    Yeah, I'm looking at you ref...) we can beat anybody!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"mountainviking" wrote:
    In 02 we ruined two teams playoff hopes while finishing the year 3-0 in a 6-10 season...and then coming out the next year with a 6-0 start.
    Just to have OUR playoff hopes runed in the final game of the season by a 4-12 team.
    Ironic, huh? ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own

I agree with the title of this thread... we're just a coach away from being a good team.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:
    I agree with the title of this thread... we're just a coach away from being a good team.
    I guess I need to focus my efforts a bit more for you to see the light about the Chiller my friend.

;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I guess I need to focus my efforts a bit more for you to see the light about the Chiller my friend.

;D
    The only light about the Chiller is that he will be fired someday. I'm just not a fan of the guy, that's honestly all I can say.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

;D
    It's not up to you, it's up to the Chiller himself.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

;D
    It's not up to you, it's up to the Chiller himself.
    He could help a bit more couldn't he.
    Not gonna stop me from trying nor should you think I can't.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast