Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: come out come out where ever you are

So, people's opinions cannot change?
    Maybe at the beginning of the season some were optimistic with what we had and they chose a "wait and see" attitude; what you call "purple colored glasses."

Find the post where someone mentioned Chilly as the next coming of Lombardi?
    Please do so.

Where did people say TJ would lead us to a Super Bowl...honestly?

You are throwing out a major salvo in retrospect; kinda like an "I told you so" which is highly childish.

What the hell is your point anyways?

"Zeus" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:

*blah, blah, blah*

Nice self-aggrandizing ego post there with no substance.
    Did you also predict the fall of the Soviet Union in 1989 well after the fact?

=Z=
    Bwahahahaha!

You asshole!
    I just spit-up coffee reading that!

Instead of *blah, blah, blah try using a couple of these:

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"tclawmen" wrote:
    At the start of the season, many of us on this site commented about our frustration with this organization and their blind lack of attention thru free agency to improve certain positions. Those of us who were trying to be objective about the coaching staff, free agent moves and specifically Childress ability were (as always) met with the typical "your not supporting the team" comments.
    I know some of you will continue to look thru your purple colored glasses and try as you can to say all is well but I wonder if your opinion has changed? Is Childress still the next coming of Lombardi, Do you think T. Jackson will lead this team to the super bowl, How are those free agent w/r's doing, Is T. Williamson better with his new eyesite? Sometimes being objective about our team is painfull but if Ziggy does not do some serious housecleaning during the offseason, his lack of attention will be my first post next year and once again, I suspect, that post will be met with "your not supporting the team"

You should go back and read the responses to your earlier posts.
    I am willing to bet that nobody said that you weren't supporting the team.

I honestly don't remember you, but my guess is that most of the responses were in one or more of the following categories:

1) It was too early to judge whether or not Childress was a good or bad HC.
    This is the area that my responses usually fell into.
    One season is not enough to judge somebody.
    You said you were being "objective" but in all honesty if you were calling for Childress's head before this season started, then you simply weren't.
    Objective means that you look at all the facts and gather enough evidence to make an informed decision.
    I always maintained that we needed two full seasons before we can call it one way or the other, although halfway through the second season we have seen such poor performance that I can concede that we have seen enough to realize that he sucks.

2) Childress has more experiencing evaluating and developing talent than the average fan on PP.O.
    This is still true.
    It is easy to be an armchair QB or Tuesday morning coach, but the fact is that there are very, very few of us general fans who could do a better job.

In the end, you post sounds like an "I told you so," which is rather childish.
    If you wanted Childress gone before this (and again, I really don't remember you), then I would say that you were more lucky than right.
    But if it makes you feel better, then yes - I agree that it is time for Childress to go.
    Of course, I didn't make my decision until recently, after I had enough time to truly evaluate him from a fan's perspective.
    But since we ended up at the same conclusion you must have been right all along...
    :
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"tclawmen" wrote:
    what I said was, if Ziggy does not do some serious housecleaning this year than his lack of attention would be my first post next year. I plan on being here the rest of the season so you guys have someone to blame and point the finger at. I mean we certainly would'nt want the organization to have any accountablility.
    By the way, Ziggy is a small, bald, pantless, almost featureless character (save for his large nose) drawn by Tom Wilson.

[size=12pt]Zygi[/size] is the major owner of the Minnesota Vikings.
    Just thought you should know...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Freya is offline Team Alumni

"tclawmen" wrote:
    At the start of the season, many of us on this site commented about our frustration with this organization and their blind lack of attention thru free agency to improve certain positions. Those of us who were trying to be objective about the coaching staff, free agent moves and specifically Childress ability were (as always) met with the typical "your not supporting the team" comments.
    I know some of you will continue to look thru your purple colored glasses and try as you can to say all is well but I wonder if your opinion has changed? Is Childress still the next coming of Lombardi, Do you think T. Jackson will lead this team to the super bowl, How are those free agent w/r's doing, Is T. Williamson better with his new eyesite? Sometimes being objective about our team is painfull but if Ziggy does not do some serious housecleaning during the offseason, his lack of attention will be my first post next year and once again, I suspect, that post will be met with "your not supporting the team"

Let the sun shine in.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

tclawmen is offline Starter

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Maybe at the beginning of the season some were optimistic with what we had and they chose a "wait and see" attitude; what you call "purple colored glasses."

Please do so.

You are throwing out a major salvo in retrospect; kinda like an "I told you so" which is highly childish.

my point is/was and will continue to be, the people in this organization that are responsible for the decisions that have been made reguarding everything from player personnel evaluation to game plan need to be evaluated by the ownership. Hopefully, this will be done after the season and they will bring in a new staff and approach so we dont duplicate this seasons efforts on the field. Believe it or not, I am just as passionate about this team as the next guy probably more than some but I dont believe in the hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil attitude that seems to be the prevailing force on this site.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"tclawmen" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Please do so.

my point is/was and will continue to be, the people in this organization that are responsible for the decisions that have been made reguarding everything from player personnel evaluation to game plan need to be evaluated by the ownership. Hopefully, this will be done after the season and they will bring in a new staff and approach so we dont duplicate this seasons efforts on the field. Believe it or not, I am just as passionate about this team as the next guy probably more than some or I would'nt subject myself to getting verbally beat up but I dont believe in the hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil attitude that seems to be the prevailing force on this site.

I really hate to say it, as I am probably the biggest rah rah guy on here, but no one that I've seen is giving anyone a free ride.

There is alot of blame to go around for the mess we are in, however, if you really look hard (and not just at the wins and losses) there are some good things going on with this young group.

Both players and coaches deserve some credit don't ya think?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Please do so.

my point is/was and will continue to be, the people in this organization that are responsible for the decisions that have been made reguarding everything from player personnel evaluation to game plan need to be evaluated by the ownership. Hopefully, this will be done after the season and they will bring in a new staff and approach so we dont duplicate this seasons efforts on the field. Believe it or not, I am just as passionate about this team as the next guy probably more than some or I would'nt subject myself to getting verbally beat up but I dont believe in the hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil attitude that seems to be the prevailing force on this site.

I really hate to say it, as I am probably the biggest rah rah guy on here, but no one that I've seen is giving anyone a free ride.

There is alot of blame to go around for the mess we are in, however, if you really look hard (and not just at the wins and losses) there are some good things going on with this young group.

[size=14pt]NAHHHHHHHHH![/size] Why would we want to do that. It's more fun just to complain!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"tclawmen" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Please do so.

That may have been your point but it was lost in your intitial post.
    First, the title come out come out where ever you are.
    Then I know some of you will continue to look thru your purple colored glasses and try as you can to say all is well but I wonder if your opinion has changed?.

You were aiming in a very general direction at people here.

And what is so special about what you just posted that is not posted in a lot of threads already?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Please do so.

[size=14pt]NAHHHHHHHHH![/size] Why would we want to do that. It's more fun just to complain!
    Now your cracking me up my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast