Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    tclawmen is offline Starter

come out come out where ever you are

At the start of the season, many of us on this site commented about our frustration with this organization and their blind lack of attention thru free agency to improve certain positions. Those of us who were trying to be objective about the coaching staff, free agent moves and specifically Childress ability were (as always) met with the typical "your not supporting the team" comments.
    I know some of you will continue to look thru your purple colored glasses and try as you can to say all is well but I wonder if your opinion has changed? Is Childress still the next coming of Lombardi, Do you think T. Jackson will lead this team to the super bowl, How are those free agent w/r's doing, Is T. Williamson better with his new eyesite? Sometimes being objective about our team is painfull but if Ziggy does not do some serious housecleaning during the offseason, his lack of attention will be my first post next year and once again, I suspect, that post will be met with "your not supporting the team"

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: come out come out where ever you are

I did not know it was fashionable to smoke crack before posting again.

Seriously, love your overly generalized blanket attack of everyone and no one in particular.
    Lends a lot of credence to your otherwise decent thoughts.

I tend to recall many of us not on the Tjack wagon, etc.
    Call it what you will, though.
    It's the internet.

"Webby" wrote:

Seriously, love your overly generalized blanket attack of everyone and no one in particular.

It's the internet.
    If you read the post, I NEVER said I was the only one to speak out about TJack. If you recognized that he was/is not ready to play at this level, good for you. As for what you call a generalized attack, how specific do you need me to be? I addressed 4 specific issues. Childress and his ability to coach, Coaching staff and their ability to evaluate talent (the draft and free agents), T. Jackson and
    T. Williamson. Could it be that you are one of those purple hazed glass wearing fans I talked about?

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I thought you said you weren't gonna post again until next Spring?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Tclaw, instead of trying to answer you questions in a paragraph, I chose to break them out.
    Hope that is OK.

Is Childress still the next coming of Lombardi - Could be.
    Who knows.
    Lombardi's are pretty rare.
    I do think it is pretty early to tell though.
    Some have made up thier mind already though.

Do you think T. Jackson will lead this team to the super bowl, - Nope, probably a bit to injury prone, however, as with the Chiller probably a little to early to tell that.

Is T. Williamson better with his new eyesite? - He has caught the ball a bit better but hard to tell with no QB to really throw him the ball on a consistent basis.
    Additionally, appears this staff, even though some don't believe it, is run orientated vice pass orientated.
    Hell, just the fact that they are installing the ZB scheme would lend anyone with half a brain to assume that.

One other comment on something you put in your response to Webby.....

Coaching staff and their ability to evaluate talent (the draft and free agents),
    - The coaching staff doesn' evaluate talent my friend.
    That is done by the Player/personnel/scouting staff.
    What the coaching staff does is layout the scheme they want to run (cover 2, zone blocking, WCO with a I set etc etc) and the the Player/personnel/scouting staff find the talent and offer them up as options that the staff then prioritizes on who the want, first, second, third etc based on alot of things like Cost, Age, Production, Anticipated draft position (if a rookie) etc etc.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"Webby" wrote:

It's the internet.
    Damned, I left my crack pipe at home again.
    Have to try reading this again tonight.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I thought you said you weren't gonna post again until next Spring?
    what I said was, if Ziggy does not do some serious housecleaning this year than his lack of attention would be my first post next year. I plan on being here the rest of the season so you guys have someone to blame and point the finger at. I mean we certainly would'nt want the organization to have any accountablility.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

and the purpose of this post is to say what " I told you so " ?
    Well I'm pleased you saw things so much and so early before the rest of us.
    Maybe some of us here were willing to give the team. coaches and players a chance before jumping all over them. Does that make the sort that wear purple glasses? - quite possibly but thats the way we are.

See you next spring when you can come back and bitch about the Draft and off-season plans for the 2008 season
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"tclawmen" wrote:

*blah, blah, blah*

Nice self-aggrandizing ego post there with no substance.
    Did you also predict the fall of the Soviet Union in 1989 well after the fact?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"tclawmen" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:

It's the internet.
    If you read the post, I NEVER said I was the only one to speak out about TJack. If you recognized that he was/is not ready to play at this level, good for you. As for what you call a generalized attack, how specific do you need me to be? I addressed 4 specific issues. Childress and his ability to coach, Coaching staff and their ability to evaluate talent (the draft and free agents), T. Jackson and
    T. Williamson. Could it be that you are one of those purple hazed glass wearing fans I talked about?
    If you would love to comprehend what you read, you would note I was referencing your original diatribe as a silly blanket attack on all members here that we were this and that and a bunch of purple colored glasses (paraphrasing the goofiness)

Good luck with the martyr position.....you'll be here so we have someone to blame?
    LOL!!!!
    :

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast