Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Combine Thread

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Combine Thread

Any one jumped out to you at the combine? Anyone only strengthened your man crush on them.

iowa is offline Rookie
    Jerick McKinnon out of Georgia Southern has put up awesome numbers. He's a 5'9" 209 lb. running back. 4.41 forty, 40.5" vertical, 32 reps. on the bench. His coaches say he can also line up at c.b. If we could grab this guy in the middle rounds he could be a solid replacement for Toby.
    None

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by iowa View Post
    Jerick McKinnon out of Georgia Southern has put up awesome numbers. He's a 5'9" 209 lb. running back. 4.41 forty, 40.5" vertical, 32 reps. on the bench. His coaches say he can also line up at c.b. If we could grab this guy in the middle rounds he could be a solid replacement for Toby.
    Haven't really looked at him.
    I like the two Cbs that I have been champion. Love Jean-baptiste and McGill looked even better today. Roby and Verreet looked like they should be starting somewhere really soon as well.

I also like Jordan matthews from Vandy.

There has been alot of guys shining at the combine as a whole..but the ones who stood out most to me personally are, Aaron Donald,Khalil Mack,Taylor Lewan, Jason Verrett,Khairii Fort(I think that's how you spell his first name) and Keith McGill...but I think this draft is extremely deep with talent considering so many guys did so well in every aspect...gonna be exciting to see who the VIKES pick up

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    combine hhhmmm 40 time has nothing to do with real football ...
    JERRY RICE RAN A 4.6 FORTY
    HE PLAYED HIS COLLEGE FOOTBALL AT MISS VALLEY ST
    HE WAS SELECTED 16 OVERALL...13 PRO BOWLS
    GREATS OF ALL TIME
    G O A T
    I GUESS IF HE RAN A 4.3 FORTY HE MIGHT HAVE BEEN NUMBER 1 OVERALL

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Haven't really looked at him.
    I like the two Cbs that I have been champion. Love Jean-baptiste and McGill looked even better today. Roby and Verreet looked like they should be starting somewhere really soon as well.

I also like Jordan matthews from Vandy.
    LIKEY!!

I also thought that Gilbert blew up the combine, he was the first CB a few weeks ago and slowly everyone said Dennard was the best CB. I think his (gilbert) size and speed have put him back on top. Plus I don't think many know Dennard has missed a lot of 2010 because of his knee. and missed a lot of 2011 because of a concussion and an ankle injury.

I also liked Bucannon out of Wa St. as a safety that we may be able to get in the third round.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan620 View Post
    There has been alot of guys shining at the combine as a whole..but the ones who stood out most to me personally are, Aaron Donald,Khalil Mack,Taylor Lewan, Jason Verrett,Khairii Fort(I think that's how you spell his first name) and Keith McGill...but I think this draft is extremely deep with talent considering so many guys did so well in every aspect...gonna be exciting to see who the VIKES pick up
    +1

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Any one jumped out to you at the combine? Anyone only strengthened your man crush on them.
    I know the Vikings wont be taking a safety with their first pick, but I liked Calvin Prior.

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    Jadeveon Clowney is a mother fucking beast.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    There were several mid to late round guys who blew up the combine, but who may have knocks on them about playing at smaller schools vs. lower competition. Guys who have all the physical talent, but might need some coaching and patience as they gain experience.

Philip Gaines, CB from Rice sure as hell helped himself. From his NFL profile, "lacks desirable speed, twitch and physicality." Well he only ran the 40 in 4.38 and the 3-cone in 6.62 and batted 35 balls away the past 2 years!? That is pretty freaking quick, and he does have a record of getting a hand on the ball...makes you wonder why all the negative comments? His agent apparently didn't spend enough greasing the palms of commentators!??

Kevin Pierre-Louis, LB from Boston College...a bit undersized, maybe a big safety, definitely an immediate special teams contributor, who put up great numbers in every drill.

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Kevin Pierre-Louis

Odell Beckham, WR from LSU...ran the 40 in 4.43 and the 3-cone in 6.69...that is some serious straight line speed and some quick twitch change of directions skills right there!

Donte Moncrief, WR from Mississippi. Ran a 4.40 40 at 6'2" and 220 lbs with big leaps both vert and broad, and who happens to also be willing to attack as a blocker downfield in support of the run game.

Deone Buchannon, SS from Wash State. Good size, leaps, strength and speed. Possible 3rd round pick who could compete for starting opposite Smith in year one.

As a late, late flyer, I think we should at least look locally at Brock Vereen, former Gopher Safety...threw up 25 reps and ran a 4.47 at 6' and 200 lbs. Good special teams and safety depth who could develop into a starter.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast