Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: colts at vikings

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "scorptile" wrote:
    hopefully i can get tickets to this game to see manning shred that non existant pass defense and bob sanders saying hello to AD hehe ;D
    I like it when opponents give into that fallacy.
    Heck, the idea that the Vikings pass D sucks has gotten so much attention that half of the people here believe it.
    That fact is that our pass D is pretty much average in the NFL, while our rushing D is the best.

Go ahead, ask me how I can say that our pass D is average given the fact that we were last in passing yards per game last season. Go ahead... ask.
    Although you might want to do a little research first on where the Vikings ranked in all the other passing D categories.
    Here, I'll give you a link to start with...
    NFL Stats
    There are several stats that can be used against us.

2nd in completions allowed.
    5th in Completion %
    14th in passing average
    1st yards per game
    20th in INTS
    1st in 1st downs
    8th in passes over 20

If 1 is the best, then the Vikings are:

16th in passing average
    8th in sacks per game
    8th in passes over 40
    21st in passes over 20
    20th in INTs

And the most important one:
    12th in points per game

That translate into exactly what I said it was - a very average passing D.
    The fallacy is that the Vikings have the worst passing D out there.
    In fact we don't.
    The only reason our yard super game is so high is because we also saw more pass attempts than any other team other than the Lions.

When you look at all of the stats in context, the Vikings have a fairly middle of the road passing D.
    Couple that with our #1 rush D, and the Vikings have a top ten defense, easily.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

scorptile is offline Starter

yes i expect bob and AD to meet several times during the game but the thing is bob is looked at now as a threat and he does sit right behind freeney. and that isnt counting the LB core that is still the youngest in the league. to me if you are last in pass defense and going against manning? helloooo back the last time the colts met the vikings you guys still had moss, culpepper combo and could score against our non existant D that we had back then remember it was 04 when we last met and both teams have taken different paths since then. vikings have basically went into rebuild mode while the colts won the SB and is still considered one of the top teams to win another SB. ok i have a question about the pass D. with marvin harrison back healthy who is covering wayne, harrison, gonzalas and clark with the option to addai? that is yes 5 guys that can catch and gain tons of yards after the catch. and btw the colts are ranked #1 against the pass when healthy. just think though the colts get the bears the very first sunday night game of the season so you guys dont have to worry bout them already hehe.
    proud fan of the SB XLI champions.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"scorptile" wrote:
    yes i expect bob and AD to meet several times during the game but the thing is bob is looked at now as a threat and he does sit right behind freeney. and that isnt counting the LB core that is still the youngest in the league. to me if you are last in pass defense and going against manning? helloooo back the last time the colts met the vikings you guys still had moss, culpepper combo and could score against our non existant D that we had back then remember it was 04 when we last met and both teams have taken different paths since then. vikings have basically went into rebuild mode while the colts won the SB and is still considered one of the top teams to win another SB. ok i have a question about the pass D. with marvin harrison back healthy who is covering wayne, harrison, gonzalas and clark with the option to addai? that is yes 5 guys that can catch and gain tons of yards after the catch. and btw the colts are ranked #1 against the pass when healthy. just think though the colts get the bears the very first sunday night game of the season so you guys dont have to worry bout them already hehe.
    Would it kill you to use paragraphs, capital letters, punctuation and intelligence?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "scorptile" wrote:
    hopefully i can get tickets to this game to see manning shred that non existant pass defense and bob sanders saying hello to AD hehe ;D
    Heck, the idea that the Vikings pass D sucks has gotten so much attention that half of the people here believe it.
    That fact is that our pass D is pretty much average in the NFL, while our rushing D is the best.

Go ahead, ask me how I can say that our pass D is average given the fact that we were last in passing yards per game last season. Go ahead... ask.
    Although you might want to do a little research first on where the Vikings ranked in all the other passing D categories.
    NFL Stats

5th in Completion %
    14th in passing average
    1st yards per game
    20th in INTS
    1st in 1st downs
    8th in passes over 20

16th in passing average
    8th in sacks per game
    8th in passes over 40
    21st in passes over 20
    20th in INTs

12th in points per game

In fact we don't.
    The only reason our yard super game is so high is because we also saw more pass attempts than any other team other than the Lions.

When you look at all of the stats in context, the Vikings have a fairly middle of the road passing D.
    I don't think we are average but I think the record of our demised is grealy exagerated.
    I would rank us abou 20th. Scoring is both passing, rushing and defensive. if we allow a 13 of 13 drive but then the team rushes for a 1 yard td, that doesn't count against our passing scoring.

You can't ignore that fact that we almost allow the most completions even if we get the most passes thrown against us. We also have the 5th highest completion %. These are the signs of a bend don't break offense.
    However we aren't the 17th best passing defense in the league.

Blog Entries

"scorptile" wrote:
    I like how you have to qualify everything with "now that he's healthy" and "when healthy"...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "scorptile" wrote:

NFL Stats

5th in Completion %
    14th in passing average
    1st yards per game
    20th in INTS
    1st in 1st downs
    8th in passes over 20

16th in passing average
    8th in sacks per game
    8th in passes over 40
    21st in passes over 20
    20th in INTs

12th in points per game

In fact we don't.

I don't think we are average but I think the record of our demised is grealy exagerated.
    I would rank us abou 20th. Scoring is both passing, rushing and defensive. if we allow a 13 of 13 drive but then the team rushes for a 1 yard td, that doesn't count against our passing scoring.

You can't ignore that fact that we almost allow the most completions even if we get the most passes thrown against us. We also have the 5th highest completion %. These are the signs of a bend don't break offense.

Correct!
    And that is exactly what we purport to be.
    I think we are right around 16th or 17th in pass D, you say 20th... close enough for me.
    I would actually consider all the teams in the 14-20 range to be about average.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

"scorptile" wrote:
    Did you just become a colts fan? We played you
    in 2004 with these guys and or the guys they replaced. We played you with a yonger Harrison, Wayne. Instead of Addai you had Ejames in his prime. Manning had a 144+ QB rating but you wone by 3 points on a late min FG. So apperantly our terrible passing defense still had you guys on the ropes. Now your players are old and your defense is coming off an injury plagued season and Freeny hasn't done crap the past 2 years..... Hey whose playing DT for you brcause Simon and Mcfarland are gone right? GAMES ARE NOT PLAYED ON PAPER!!!!!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=scorptile link=topic=43977.msg757550#msg757550 date=1207934653]

NFL Stats

5th in Completion %
    14th in passing average
    1st yards per game
    20th in INTS
    1st in 1st downs
    8th in passes over 20

16th in passing average
    8th in sacks per game
    8th in passes over 40
    21st in passes over 20
    20th in INTs

12th in points per game

In fact we don't.

Correct!
    And that is exactly what we purport to be.
    I think we are right around 16th or 17th in pass D, you say 20th... close enough for me.
    I would actually consider all the teams in the 14-20 range to be about average.
    [/quote]

Im not disagreeing with you. We aren't as bad as people think. The only things I would Change on our Defense is our Corners( minus Winfeld) Griffen needs more experiance as to McCauley. They will get better in time but right now hey have got to stop getting out jumped and bitting on double moves.
    I wish we could get to see Udeze and Ejames playing together. I think James is really a stud but injuries are killing him. I ope he gets healthy and bust some heads come week 6.

Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:
    Im not disagreeing with you. We aren't as bad as people think. The only things I would Change on our Defense is our Corners( minus Winfeld) Griffen needs more experiance as to McCauley. They will get better in time but right now hey have got to stop getting out jumped and bitting on double moves.
    I wish we could get to see Udeze and Ejames playing together. I think James is really a stud but injuries are killing him. I ope he gets healthy and bust some heads come week 6.
    Agree with everything you said right there 100%
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Chazz is offline Coordinator

"scorptile" wrote:

So how are you guys against the run? I've heard that we run the ball slightly ubove average.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast