Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: colts at vikings

"KrackerJack" wrote:
    "scorptile" wrote:
    then none of you know bob sanders then. ya know the Defensive player of the year last year. the man that is a bullet. if you have ever seen what he does to RB's in full time speed its amazing. look at the SB run they had when sanders came back from having the worst Run defense in the league to having the best just cause of him. so if i were you guys id do some research before you make any allegations about bob not saying hi to AD which has a tendency to run upright and get hurt.
    Then you don't know AD then. ya know the Rookie of the Year last year.
    set the record for most rushing yards in a game, and had two 200+ yard games, was the MVP of the Pro Bowl. If you have ever seen AD run, you'd know he runs through defenders of all kinds. So if I were YOU, id watch some of AD's games and do some research before you make any allegations about Adrian "All Day" Peterson not running over Bob Sanders.
    AD isn't the kind of guy that will run Sanders over. He is more likely to use his hips to make him miss.
    Sanders can hit with the best of them but he doesn't wrap up well. I'm more concerned about the battle with our WRS and the Colts corners, tha will be the key o he running game.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    "scorptile" wrote:
    then none of you know bob sanders then. ya know the Defensive player of the year last year. the man that is a bullet. if you have ever seen what he does to RB's in full time speed its amazing. look at the SB run they had when sanders came back from having the worst Run defense in the league to having the best just cause of him. so if i were you guys id do some research before you make any allegations about bob not saying hi to AD which has a tendency to run upright and get hurt.
    Then you don't know AD then. ya know the Rookie of the Year last year.
    set the record for most rushing yards in a game, and had two 200+ yard games, was the MVP of the Pro Bowl. If you have ever seen AD run, you'd know he runs through defenders of all kinds. So if I were YOU, id watch some of AD's games and do some research before you make any allegations about Adrian "All Day" Peterson not running over Bob Sanders.
    AD isn't the kind of guy that will run Sanders over. He is more likely to use his hips to make him miss.
    Sanders can hit with the best of them but he doesn't wrap up well. I'm more concerned about the battle with our WRS and the Colts corners, tha will be the key o he running game.
    Oh i know...Im just having a little fun, either way Both AD and Sanders are going to have a tough game against each other, going to be an awesome game to watch.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Let's hope it is a Sunday night primetime game.

"vikingivan" wrote:
    Agreed.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"scorptile" wrote:
    hopefully i can get tickets to this game to see manning shred that non existant pass defense and bob sanders saying hello to AD hehe ;D
    I like it when opponents give into that fallacy.
    Heck, the idea that the Vikings pass D sucks has gotten so much attention that half of the people here believe it.
    That fact is that our pass D is pretty much average in the NFL, while our rushing D is the best.

Go ahead, ask me how I can say that our pass D is average given the fact that we were last in passing yards per game last season. Go ahead... ask.
    Although you might want to do a little research first on where the Vikings ranked in all the other passing D categories.
    Here, I'll give you a link to start with...
    NFL Stats
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    Agreed.
    No way.
    That means I will miss work on Monday...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"scorptile" wrote:
    Unfortunately for Bob Sanders, recent Defensive Players of the Year don't have the best track record following up their award-winning campaigns:

2001 M. Strahan - less than half as many sacks in 2002
    2002 D. Brooks - career low tackles the next year as the Bucs went from 12 to 7 wins
    2003 R. Lewis - tackles and sacks were both down and he went from 6 to 0 INTs
    2004 E. Reed - only 1 INT in 2005 after 9 in 2004, missed six games, and the Ravens continued to slide winning only 6 games
    2005 B. Urlacher - went from 6 to 0 sacks
    2006 J. Taylor - tackles, sacks, and INTs all down as the Dolphins win only 1 game
    2007 B. Sanders - ? ? ?

Another trend that should worry you:

Sanders games played:
    2004 - 6
    2005 - 14
    2006 - 4
    2007 - 15
    2008 - ?

Can you figure out the patterns?

The Madden curse it is not, but I have to go with what I have.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Overlord" wrote:
    "scorptile" wrote:
    Unfortunately for Bob Sanders, recent Defensive Players of the Year don't have the best track record following up their award-winning campaigns:

2001 M. Strahan - less than half as many sacks in 2002
    2002 D. Brooks - career low tackles the next year as the Bucs went from 12 to 7 wins
    2003 R. Lewis - tackles and sacks were both down and he went from 6 to 0 INTs
    2004 E. Reed - only 1 INT in 2005 after 9 in 2004, missed six games, and the Ravens continued to slide winning only 6 games
    2005 B. Urlacher - went from 6 to 0 sacks
    2006 J. Taylor - tackles, sacks, and INTs all down as the Dolphins win only 1 game
    2007 B. Sanders - ? ? ?

Another trend that should worry you:

Sanders games played:
    2004 - 6
    2005 - 14
    2006 - 4
    2007 - 15
    2008 - ?

Can you figure out the patterns?

The Madden curse it is not, but I have to go with what I have.
    Who cares... Strahan just won a Super Bowl... hows that for "following up"... I don't care if it isn't the season immediately following.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"scorptile" wrote:
    hopefully i can get tickets to this game to see manning shred that non existant pass defense and bob sanders saying hello to AD hehe ;D
    Hopefully bob and AD say hello before the game, shake hands and then Bob will be sidelined for the season with a sore hand(guy is a serious pansy when it comes to injuries). Then we'll see what the top running team does to the worst rush defense. 8)

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "scorptile" wrote:
    I like it when opponents give into that fallacy.
    Heck, the idea that the Vikings pass D sucks has gotten so much attention that half of the people here believe it.
    That fact is that our pass D is pretty much average in the NFL, while our rushing D is the best.

Go ahead, ask me how I can say that our pass D is average given the fact that we were last in passing yards per game last season. Go ahead... ask.
    Although you might want to do a little research first on where the Vikings ranked in all the other passing D categories.
    Here, I'll give you a link to start with...
    NFL Stats
    There are several stats that can be used against us.

2nd in completions allowed.
    5th in Completion %
    14th in passing average
    1st yards per game
    20th in INTS
    1st in 1st downs
    8th in passes over 20

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast