Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Colts may fill NFL's L.A. void

but the fact remains, pack, that they sell out. whereas, irsay flat out says that the colts don't. that he had to pay peytons bonus money out of his own pocket. he's all but begging the nfl to move him to la. i say go for it, and get this bull over with. don't worry, the colts won't draw out there either, and they'll wind up in portland...lol. just another nfl team moving on from la
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

owensforpres is offline Pro-Bowler

there's enough nfl teams in cali already, why don't they put a team on another major city/state that doesn't have one?
    699966daa73d890a9f6ec440ad82bccc

"owensforpres" wrote:
    there's enough nfl teams in cali already, why don't they put a team on another major city/state that doesn't have one?
    How about New York? Any teams there?
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

because la is america's "second largest market". it doesn't matter that only about 25% of that market even gives a sh!t about football. it doesn't matter that all la wants to do is renovate the rose bowl or colluseum. and it certainly doesn't matter that the team will wind up moving in 10 years anyway, because they can't draw a crowd
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Hey, as long as any other team than the Vikes move to LA, that's fine with me!! I don't care about anybody else going there, it's just our beloved vikes that we can't lose!!! Send Indy, that would be great, I don't know how Payton Manning would handle the West Coast!! (Not the offense, the people and the area)

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    I know, LA has been a graveyard for NFL teams. I don't see why the NFL wants to keep moving there if the team will just be moved again. Yes, it should be a great market for football, but for some reason it is not.
    I would guess that as the NFL keeps looking to spread the game worldwide, then a major city as LA not having a team looks bad for them. If you spoke to people outside of the US then most couldn't tell you where a lot of the NFL teams are in the country- whether north, south etc. However most would recognise that LA is on the west coast.
    Its all about marketing the product, and they'd rather a half successful team in a high profile city than a very successful team in a city unknown outside of the US
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

That's a bunch of crap!! Who cares about the rest of the world!! I don't think by taking a team out of one city and putting it into another is really going to have much effect on the rest of the world!! I'm not trying to cut down your opinion Anglo (although it may seem like that), but I just don't feel by LA having a team it will get the rest of the world to like football. Take soccer for instance, I could care less about where a team is, I don't like the sport, but it is the biggest sport in the world. I think either people are going to like football, or they aren't going to like football. A team in LA I don't think will persuade anyone differently!! Just my opinion though!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    I know, LA has been a graveyard for NFL teams. I don't see why the NFL wants to keep moving there if the team will just be moved again. Yes, it should be a great market for football, but for some reason it is not.
    I would guess that as the NFL keeps looking to spread the game worldwide, then a major city as LA not having a team looks bad for them. If you spoke to people outside of the US then most couldn't tell you where a lot of the NFL teams are in the country- whether north, south etc. However most would recognise that LA is on the west coast.
    Its all about marketing the product, and they'd rather a half successful team in a high profile city than a very successful team in a city unknown outside of the US
    You're obviously not American, because what you're saying makes sense.

But football, as much as people say baseball is, is America's sport. And California has enough teams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    That's a bunch of crap!! Who cares about the rest of the world!! I don't think by taking a team out of one city and putting it into another is really going to have much effect on the rest of the world!! I'm not trying to cut down your opinion Anglo (although it may seem like that), but I just don't feel by LA having a team it will get the rest of the world to like football. Take soccer for instance, I could care less about where a team is, I don't like the sport, but it is the biggest sport in the world. I think either people are going to like football, or they aren't going to like football. A team in LA I don't think will persuade anyone differently!! Just my opinion though!!
    No offence taken VKG4LFE but in this day and age a lot of emphasis is how a sport is marketed. Thats why you see the American Bowl being played in Japan or Mexico each year, or why NFL Europe exists. Don't just kid yourself that its just to give fringe players a chance, its a lot about marketing the NFL as a product and that equals $$$$.
    Taking the soccer example - why do think that there was such glee when the England captain David Beckham was signed by Real Madrid last year ? not just for his talent but for the huge increase in merchandising that Real Madrid picked up in Asia as a result.
    If the NFL can't get a team in LA - which is a city known worldwide and a major US city - then what does that say when they try to spread the game to bring in those $$$.
    Bearing in mind that revenue from something like replica jerseys is shared amongst all teams, then a high profile city name like LA will increase sales a huge amount and the owners will be more than happy. I see that here with the amount of people wearing NY Yankees baseball caps - its not that people here are avid baseball fans but just that the marketing has been pitched just right to make them a wanted item
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

eelpout72 is offline Starter

so let me pose a question.... If LA is so important for whatever reason (marketing, $$$, etc.), why did the NFL ever allow the LA teams to move away in the first place? Shouldnt they (i.e., the NFL) be answering that question first? I realize that they like to use relocation as a means to threaten states/taxpayers to pay for their stadiums, but how can they justifiably demand that LA needs a team when teams havent stayed there? I say to he!! with LA!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast