Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Colts fire execs Bill and Chris Polian

As long as we are talking about who got fired:

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/0...-chris-polian/

Heck, hire the Polians and then as long as we are at it, work a deal to bring Manning here for a few years while we figure out if either ponder or Webb are going to cut it.

They certainly have a better pedigree than any other GM prospect out there and way more street cred than Spielman.

Then again it makes so much sense there is probably no way Wilf even considers it. Apparently he is content making the Vikings into the Cleveland Browns part 2.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    As long as we are talking about who got fired:

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/0...-chris-polian/

Heck, hire the Polians and then as long as we are at it, work a deal to bring Manning here for a few years while we figure out if either ponder or Webb are going to cut it.

They certainly have a better pedigree than any other GM prospect out there and way more street cred than Spielman.

Then again it makes so much sense there is probably no way Wilf even considers it. Apparently he is content making the Vikings into the Cleveland Browns part 2.
    Matt Millen wouldn't return his call either!

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    I like you Floyd, but you couldn't be any farther off base with that one. Take it from an Indianapolis resident that witnessed this debacle first hand. Bill Polian is senile, stubborn, and pro-nepotism among other things. He drafts worse than anyone. Including Spielman! He refuses to make any free agent acquisitions, and will never admit one of his "system guys" doesn't fit. On top of horrendous free agent and draft strategies, he is putting his toxic son in charge of everything. Chris Polian is a bottle-fed executive that never earned his way anywhere. He doesn't belong in the front office of a pro team, much less running one! I would rather have Fran fucking Foley back before I'd hire a Polian to run this franchise. I hate Spielman as much as the next guy. Actually, much more than the next guy. I'm currently developing FireSpielman.com. But let's not jump to crazy conclusions and crown an equally bad replacement!
    Last edited by MulletMullitia; 01-02-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    I like you Floyd, but you couldn't be any farther off base with that one. Take it from an Indianapolis resident that witnessed this debacle first hand. Bill Polian is senile, stubborn, and pro-nepotism among other things. He drafts worse than anyone. Including Spielman! He refuses to make any free agent acquisitions, and will never admit one of his "system guys" doesn't fit. On top of horrendous free agent and draft strategies, he is putting his toxic son in charge of everything. Chris Polian is a bottle-fed executive that never earned his way anywhere. He doesn't belong in the front office of a pro team, much less running one! I would rather have Fran fucking Foley back before I'd hire a Polian to run this franchise. I hate Spielman as much as the next guy. Actually, much more than the next guy. I'm currently developing FireSpielman.com. But let's not jump to crazy conclusions and crown an equally bad replacement!
    I love it MM. You really say it like you see it and i respect that in you.

I was actually just looking to jerk some chains with this thread as much as anything and i agree with you that he probably isn't the right fit.

OTOH I would rather have the gerbil in Richard Gere's butt than what we currently have.