JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Collossal Collapse

I don't know if I spelled that right, but I just had some thoughts as all of the NFL analysts are saying the Vikings are repeating last year's late season collapse.

Even if it does happen again, which it probably won't, because 2 more wins will get us in the playoffs, it wouldn't be anything like last year.

First of all look at the teams we lost to last year: San Diego 4-12, Oakland 4-12, NY Giants 4-12, Chicago 4-12.

This year is different in that regard because two of our losses down the stretch have been on the road to really tough teams (Indy, GB), both games in which it came down to the wire and one where we got screwed by the refs. Last year San Diego blew us out. We seem destined to lose in Chicago 4 out of every 5 years, and the Giants were actually a good team when they beat us earlier this year.

Also, we've had more injuries than any team besides the Panthers and Browns. If Kleinsasser and Irvin were healthy, if Moss had been at 100% for most of the year, if our o-line could stay healthy, and if the LB's could get healthy, and Robinson could get over his injury, we would probably be the most dominant team in football right now.

Here's a list of the pro-bowl caliber players we had miss at least some time this year: Moss, Robinson(maybe a stretch), Kleinsasser, Birk, Dixon (best year of his career), Winfield.

Imagine the Eagles without T.O., Lito Shepard, Freddie Mitchell, John Runyan, Hank Fraley, Chad Lewis, Jeremiah Trotter, Mark Simoneau, and Brian Dawkins for all of their games, would they still be 11-1, or would they even be 7-5. Who knows?
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Collossal Collapse

Injuries are part of F-Ball.

The similarity to last year that I have been hearing is in reference to the BEARS starting the spiral last year.

I don't think it will happen this year for the reason you said about winning 2 more games.

But if we only win 2 more games and get in by default, that would be an embarrassment, total disgrace.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Collossal Collapse

"JDogg926" wrote:
    Imagine the Eagles without T.O., Lito Shepard, Freddie Mitchell, John Runyan, Hank Fraley, Chad Lewis, Jeremiah Trotter, Mark Simoneau, and Brian Dawkins for all of their games, would they still be 11-1, or would they even be 7-5. Who knows?
    They wouldn't be sh*t without all of those players...I am hoping that next year we will have that kind of luck!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Collossal Collapse

The Bears starting the spiral, try the Giants!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!