Thread: Coin Flip

Coin Flip

Call me crazy, but I honestly think that whoever wins the coin toss in Monday Night's Game might have a better shot at winning - especially for us. We need to get out to a quick start and make them play catch-up. It seems to me as though whenever we get out of the gates fast, we control the pace of the game and end up winning. On the other hand, playing catch up in a hostile environment in Philly could be damaging mentally for us. I think this lucky aspect of the game could be a decider.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Coin Flip

Yeah i dont want to have to come from behind. If we win the coin toss, score on the first drive we will win.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Coin Flip

That's not crazy at all, scoring first is very important for the Vikings. More so than for the Eagles.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Coin Flip

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    That's not crazy at all, scoring first is very important for the Vikings. More so than for the Eagles.

I don't see the coin flip as that big of a deal. Call me crazy, but i think both D's will get at least one stop before anyone scores. Agreed though, that we need to score first, if we don't, then there will be alot of pressureon our offense, the next drive.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Coin Flip

In a way it could be helpful. I would select to kickoff to see what there offense poses and to get the ball back after halftime to set the tempo for the rest of the game. Hopefully we had the ball right before halftime and scored which could put us up big if we score again with the ball after the half or bring us back from a deficit.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Re: Coin Flip

"ADubya26" wrote:
    Call me crazy, but I honestly think that whoever wins the coin toss in Monday Night's Game might have a better shot at winning - especially for us. We need to get out to a quick start and make them play catch-up. It seems to me as though whenever we get out of the gates fast, we control the pace of the game and end up winning. On the other hand, playing catch up in a hostile environment in Philly could be damaging mentally for us. I think this lucky aspect of the game could be a decider.
    We dont need to get out of the gates fast... remember last game they were dominating the ball the whole first half. Yes the eagles are alot better but still im not worried about our offense one bit. I just hope our secondary can not give up those stupid half time , prevent D mess ups......

And i hope that our D line can put pressure on McNabb If we do both of these things we win without a question.... :rr:

Coin Flip

Yeah, thats True Florida Vike, but I think that it will be more important for either team to estalish a running game first. If we play the "bend but dont break" defense, it could work - as long as we can establish our offense...i guess I just don't know what to expect from our defense yet. What would really be nice is some turnovers!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Coin Flip

It will not matter if our D does not show up to play. For the Vikes to win, they need to stop the Iggles first. Then the Vikes offense can get to work doing what they do best (marching down the field and scoring TDs).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

Coin Flip

Well I expect the crowd to be pumped and it's a huge game so the tension will be high. I wouldn't be surprised to see both teams first few posessions go 3 and out due to not having a tempo and being so riled up.
    The first team to be composed and calm will gain the upper hand.

I personally hope we kick first. Getting the ball at half is nice. This is a game where the vikes like to shine. If we were playing a team under .500 then I'd say we need to win the coin flip