AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Coast to Coast - Minnesota

Coast to Coast - Minnesota
    latest article written by Mike Carlson who is one of the presenters of Channel 5's NFL coverage as part of a series on the NFL UK site. Interesting guy and a good presenter
    http://www.nfluk.com/features-display.php?id=3065
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Re: Coast to Coast - Minnesota

Where is Frerotte in this story?

I like the story but there are some flaws in it but a nice read overall
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Actually a very nice read Anglo.
    Thanks.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

I like Mike Carlson and had the pleasure to say hello to him at a Monarchs game a few years ago. He's fairly well respected amongst UK fans and has a good presentation manner and an excellent way of explaining points of the game without treating viewers like kids.

"AngloVike" wrote:
    I like Mike Carlson and had the pleasure to say hello to him at a Monarchs game a few years ago. He's fairly well respected amongst UK fans and has a good presentation manner and an excellent way of explaining points of the game without treating viewers like kids.
    He seems to be knowledgable with respect to the Vikes.
    Does he cover all NFL for you guys over there?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    I don't think that he is as knowledgable as he pretends to be:

"They dumped Troy Williamson, after drafting the latest potential South Carolina bust Sidney Rice. Rice (31 catches, 4 TDs) may look like Williamson but so far plays more like Marcus Robinson.
    He's very much in the mold of ex-Eagle Robert Ferguson, skinny, quick in and out of cuts, but the book on such guys isn't too long in the NFL."

Rice a potential BUST?
    NOT

And Robert Ferguson never played for the Eagles (only the Packers until last year).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:

"They dumped Troy Williamson, after drafting the latest potential South Carolina bust Sidney Rice. Rice (31 catches, 4 TDs) may look like Williamson but so far plays more like Marcus Robinson.
    He's very much in the mold of ex-Eagle Robert Ferguson, skinny, quick in and out of cuts, but the book on such guys isn't too long in the NFL."

Rice a potential BUST?
    NOT

And Robert Ferguson never played for the Eagles (only the Packers until last year).
    Yeah he's a little off I think he meant Todd Pinkston but even then the comparision is off, Ferguson is solid at 220 pounds. As far as Sindney Rice being a bust, thats laughable.

He does have some good points but I don't expect Marcus Johnson to make much noise, he may be the lastest 05 draft pic to get cut. I think Cook and Herrrera are solid and will stay in place.

I don't know anybody thats worried about the safety position, very solid along with corner position.

I always thought Booty played very solid in big games.

I don't know that I would call McKinnie a bust, I would say he has let the team down and not quite lived up to expectations, but he does play solid in the run game and acationally does well in pass protection. He's also very durable.

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    He co-hosts Channel 5's MNF show and has also covered a lot of the MLB games that are shown on 5 as well.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:

Rice a potential BUST?
    NOT

I wasn't trying to say he was correct with everything he said.

Hell, even with the obvious errors he still has better insight than some of the local yutz's have up there in the Twins Cities.
    ;D