Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    that's skewed bc we actually had a QB in place and Denny Green was about as good of a coach as there is.... We haven't won consistently since he left!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Green was about a decade to a decade and half ahead of his time in coaching. He focused on offense and built a team with a great passing attack and a marginal defense which seems to be the way the NFL is trending and when he drafted his franchise QB it was a big, tall athletic QB with a big arm who could also run if necessary. Just what the league is trying to do today.

rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Denny Green was about as good as it gets in my book. Those were some fun years to watch, and should have produced a Supper Bowl. I would be OK with his return.
    At least he had some creativity.
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I'm not totally against Gruden...we need to do something about the offense, and his offenses were always decent, but it would be more WCO, eh? And, at least a bit outdated at this point...how many years has he been a commentator now?

I feel like we need more balance, like we've spent a bit too much on defense and we've been skimping on the offense a bit because of it. Too often, I think HCs like Frazier and Singletary who were promoted into somebody else's job mid-season, and thus understand completely what a Not For Long league it is, are afraid to put a strong enough coordinator opposite them. I would like to see a strong head coach, with more fire put in charge, but perhaps, a younger, possibly college guy who is an offensive guru come in as OC with some newer, today's rules ideas. Maybe, stepping a college guy up to coordinator before HC would help them adjust, specially with a solid, veteran HC to smooth things over.

Which leads me to this idea...Could we maybe hire an older, semi-retired HC (Cowher?) to groom his replacement for 2 or 3 years so he can re-retire...? Obviously, it would cost the Wilfs some bucks, but there's no limit on what you can spend on coaches...
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345