Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I don't care if the new head coach is offense minded or defense minded as long as he isn't absent minded like the one we have now.
    Well we had narrow minded and no mind before absent minded owners should now know what not to get in a coach

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Zeus got there ahead of me, but I was thinking Ryan too. He would need a very solid OC under him, though. I wonder if the guy I used to like few years back might be available/interested: Jim Mora Jr.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I'm not up on the college game but I wonder how many potential candidates there will have been damaged by Chip Kelly's performance so far. He was going to set the league on fire and that hasn't happened yet. Things like that can make teams wary of bringing in 'new' blood to league and you end up with the same names being recycled throughout the various teams.

Given Zygi's success rate with appointing HC's so far ( 0-2 ) then I don't know he has enough knowledge to go looking through the college ranks. So would argue that would be the GM's job but then the jury is out on that position as well.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    I'm not up on the college game but I wonder how many potential candidates there will have been damaged by Chip Kelly's performance so far. He was going to set the league on fire and that hasn't happened yet. Things like that can make teams wary of bringing in 'new' blood to league and you end up with the same names being recycled throughout the various teams.
    I think the mess that Greg Schiano has made in Tampa is a bigger impediment to getting a college HC than what Kelly's not done in Philly.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I think the mess that Greg Schiano has made in Tampa is a bigger impediment to getting a college HC than what Kelly's not done in Philly.

=Z=
    I think the only people Schiano's hire reflects poorly upon(besides Schiano) is the Bucs.

You can't hire a college coach from a not-so-good football school with such limited success in a weak conference.

Schiano should've moved up in the college ranks before being offered a head coaching job in the NFL. I don't know what the Bucs were thinking.

Rafdal is offline Waterboy
    I totally agree. He would be a great guy for the fans as well.

Abe Froman is offline Rookie
    When Tampa fires Schiano, let's resign Freeman, and hire him!!!! GREAT IDEA!!!
    Trying out some new forums since I got my ip banned on Purple Chat 2 weeks ago...

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post

=Z=
    And you think Spurrier and Saban would have ruined it before them. Anyone remember when Lou Holtz coached the Jets lol? Yeah that wasn't a disaster. Very few college coaches have success in the NFL, but there are guys like Jimmy Johnson who do fine. Pete Carroll and Jim Harbaugh aren't doing too bad either.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Oh God not Norv Turner...Please God No!

smegmavike is offline Coach
    At this point they should just disband the team go back to where they came from, or declare themselves an educational institution and try to play high school ball.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast