Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Rob Ryan for HC/Def Guru. And then hire a non-WCO offensive mind to run the offense.

=Z=
    Yes the Raiders, Browns and Cowboys loved him so much they set him free..... Not so sure he can spell Guru either, gyro may be.

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Pete Carmichael Jr.. Offensive Guru for the Saints, and Future Minnesota Vikings HC/OC.. Then get a Wide 9 4-3 DC

Ranger is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by rockymtdan View Post
    Mike Maock.( I have no idea how his name is spelt ) I like his cometary anyway.
    Mike Mayock. He's actually one of the few writers I enjoy reading, and I enjoy his draft breakdowns, as well.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    No to Gruden
    No to Cowher
    No to Billick
    No to Anyone being promoted within the Vikings.
    Well there's always this High School football coach down in Hattiesburg that has had NFL experience.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Mark Richt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He runs a balanced offense averaging over 300 yds/game passing and over 200 yds/game rushing...

Kevin Sumlin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Art Briles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know, just figured I'd look at some of the top college offenses' coaches...
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Mark Richt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He runs a balanced offense averaging over 300 yds/game passing and over 200 yds/game rushing...

Kevin Sumlin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Art Briles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know, just figured I'd look at some of the top college offenses' coaches...
    Briles is very intriguing to me. No passivity with this guy. He's had a nice run of successful QB's and Baylor is putting up stonger offensive production than Oregon. He is definitely a hot commodity in the college world at the moment.

Sumlin is everyone's favorite as well. I think it's mostly because of how he presents himself in the media. He came into a program that had a lot of talent (thanks to Sherman), but was underperforming. He has taken that program to a respectable point, but a lot of that can be attributed to the unforseen Manziel and the endless supply of NFL caliber OL'men. He might end up being great, but I think he's a pretty big gamble to throw in as an NFL head coach at this point.

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Briles is very intriguing to me. No passivity with this guy. He's had a nice run of successful QB's and Baylor is putting up stonger offensive production than Oregon. He is definitely a hot commodity in the college world at the moment.

Sumlin is everyone's favorite as well. I think it's mostly because of how he presents himself in the media. He came into a program that had a lot of talent (thanks to Sherman), but was underperforming. He has taken that program to a respectable point, but a lot of that can be attributed to the unforseen Manziel and the endless supply of NFL caliber OL'men. He might end up being great, but I think he's a pretty big gamble to throw in as an NFL head coach at this point.
    Briles sounds very intriguing to me as well. If we do end up with a coaching change, I would prefer an offensive-minded head coach. Briles or the Saints' Carmichael would both be excellent choices in my opinion.

I also think we need a strong assistant head coach / defensive coordinator on the defensive side of the ball. For that role, I would suggest Kirk Ferentz of the University of Iowa. Ferentz has been an NFL defensive coordinator before (with the Ravens and Jaguars, and was on a very good young Cleveland Browns coaching staff in the 1990's. Lately's he's been a successful coach with the Hawkeyes. Ferentz is a players coach, but is not afraid to make the tough decisions or to chew someone out when they need it.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I don't care if the new head coach is offense minded or defense minded as long as he isn't absent minded like the one we have now.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Dibbzz is offline Starter

Bet we see Frazier back as HC next year no matter how bad this season ends.

I'm all for a new head coach, as I've never seen Frazier as NFL HC material. He has no fire, and always uses the same excuses after any loss. He literally looks lost and confused on the sideline. I thought he used to be a defensive coordinator? The defense sure doesn't reflect that.

Musgrave is just as horrible with his three square inch playbook. I bet any viking fan could call just about every offensive play before it happens, or at least very close. VERY vanilla.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast