Page 1 of 42 123 11 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Coaching failures hurt the Vikings’ potential

[size=13pt]Coaching failures hurt the Vikings’ potential[/size]

Tim Engstrom, Pothole Prairie

Published Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What happened to the Minnesota Vikings?

Fans are upset with coach Brad Childress after the team Sunday lost a playoff game to the Philadelphia Eagles 26-14. But you know what? The fans are correct. And I’m not the sort of fan to say that quickly. I usually back the coaches......

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Coaching failures hurt the Vikings’ potential

[size=13pt]Childress acts like Green in some ways[/size]

In true Denny Green form, Brad Childress has offered less-than-candid explanations to questionable coaching moves.

By PATRICK REUSSE, Star Tribune

Last update: January 7, 2009 - 12:09 AM

Dennis Green's playoff record fell to 0-3 on Jan. 1, 1995. It came in the Metrodome by a decisive 35-18 score against a Chicago team coached by Dave Wannstedt and quarterbacked by backup Steve Walsh....

Its always funny how it is the coach's fault for a loss, and the team wins despite the coach.
    What great logic some fans have.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.- John Adams

"misplacedminnesotan" wrote:
    Its always funny how it is the coach's fault for a loss....
    It's only been that way here since Smoot was not resigned.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"misplacedminnesotan" wrote:
    Its always funny how it is the coach's fault for a loss, and the team wins despite the coach.
    What great logic some fans have.
    they may not win in spite of the coach, but they sure as hell don't win because of him most of the time.... Again, they are underachievers... bottom line!...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

In true Denny Green form, Brad Childress has offered less-than-candid explanations to questionable coaching moves.
    And therein lies the rub.........

As with Denny, the Chiller doesn't just open the door for these cats and in turn they treat him like shit.
    Maybe guys like the author need to get thier fat asses out of the office chairs and go out and do some actual reporting instead of wishing the HC will feed them info with the golden spoon.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

As with Denny, the Chiller doesn't just open the door for these cats and in turn they treat him like pooh.
    Maybe guys like the author need to get thier fat dimply buttocks out of the office chairs and go out and do some actual reporting instead of wishing the HC will feed them info with the golden spoon.
    I like to think it's the fact that he refuses to admit he made a mistake and rather places blame on the players.
    I think the fact that we cannot run a 2 min offense is clear that he isn't a great coach. THe 49ers run a better 2 min drill that we do.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

As with Denny, the Chiller doesn't just open the door for these cats and in turn they treat him like pooh.
    Maybe guys like the author need to get thier fat dimply buttocks out of the office chairs and go out and do some actual reporting instead of wishing the HC will feed them info with the golden spoon.
    I like to think it's the fact that he refuses to admit he made a mistake and rather places blame on the players.
    I think the fact that we cannot run a 2 min offense is clear that he isn't a great coach. THe 49ers run a better 2 min drill that we do.
    The Vikings have a 2 minute drill?
    I can't remember seeing it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

As with Denny, the Chiller doesn't just open the door for these cats and in turn they treat him like shit.
    Maybe guys like the author need to get thier fat asses out of the office chairs and go out and do some actual reporting instead of wishing the HC will feed them info with the golden spoon.
    It's as simple as this guy going to on line sites such as this and using his feedback to what the fans are saying.
    An easy way to blend in with the crowd so to speak.
    He even admitted this at the end of his article.
    He didn't say one thing that any of us didn't say on this site.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

The Vikings have a 2 minute drill?
    I can't remember seeing it.
    You have. It calls for every player to grab their own necks and squeeze.

Page 1 of 42 123 11 ... LastLast