Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 137
  1. #21
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Coaching Desision Chester OR Peterson

    Yah and it hurt alot

    It wasn't a missed block by Chester either

    They sent the house and 2 LBers had a clear run at Gus

    And even if he did blow it that time and even though he did fumble I still feel if you are having just 1 back in Chester is the right guy in that situation.. AP in this point of his career is strickly a runner.. With the ocassional dump off that he can pick up 10 yards if he's lucky as hell

    Im not saying anyones opinion is wrong.. Just saying I think in that situation with 1 back it's gotta be Chester.. I liked the idea of a 2 back set and draw up something tricky with that

    But the only way AP would have got in that game is if he was tourching the Bucs like he was doing with the Pack and if he was a better blocker and knew how to recieve a pass and run routes

  2. #22
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Coaching Desision Chester OR Peterson

    And had there been more then a minute 50 with no timeouts

    And if we had maybe 50 yards to go where we had a little bit more to work with

    Chester is the guy when you need a key catch he will get ya that.. If you need a good block he will get ya that.. He does his spot duty

    AP will crank out 2-7 yard gains all game then try to pop you in the end.. Unfortunately the time just wasn't in our favor on that one

  3. #23
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Coaching Desision Chester OR Peterson

    "V4L" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    If you need to score quickly, you damn well better have your biggest playmaker and best player on the field.

    I don't care about situations, pass blocking, receiving at that point.


    He's our guy, we need to call on him when the time comes. Just like we did against the Packers, and he came through.


    Put the ball in the hands of your playmakers, not the Taylor isn't one, but Peterson's on another level.

    I know what your thinking

    But when it comes down to it.. We couldn't get AP going.. And Chilly wasn't gonna hope the D would just stop keying on him on the last posession

    And when you have 2 minutes left and a decent ammount of time to throw.. The last thing you wanna do is give up a sack and lose and down yards there and valuable time.. So pass protection plays a bigger part then you guys think
    I understand your logic here, but honestly though, it doesn't matter to me at that point if we couldn't get him going.

    You can't overanalyze it at that point in the game.

    If you need a play made, you give it to your playmaker.

  4. #24
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,738

    Re: Coaching Desision Chester OR Peterson

    "V4L" wrote:
    What would you do? A minute 50 left to go.. 70 Yards

    Adrian was held in check all game with 20 yards the last 3 quarters and was lucky to get 5 yards a pop.. When they passed to him they had a LB on him right away

    He is unreliable in pass protection and is known to drop the ball

    Do you go with Chester in the passing situations or Adrian and hope he can bust a big play?

    Personally I think Chester since they were keying on Adrian and not letting him get anything.. He was struggling to pick up the blitz and Chester has been known to make big plays

    Thoughts?
    Either way, Childress is tipping his hand. It's about tendencies, and no matter who is in there (Peterson or Taylor), the opposing defense is going to “key” on that.

    Childress is a douche bag and every week that goes by I can’t stand him more.

  5. #25
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Coaching Desision Chester OR Peterson

    "Mr" wrote:
    If you need to score quickly, you damn well better have your biggest playmaker and best player on the field.

    I don't care about situations, pass blocking, receiving at that point.


    He's our guy, we need to call on him when the time comes. Just like we did against the Packers, and he came through.


    Put the ball in the hands of your playmakers, not the Taylor isn't one, but Peterson's on another level.
    Um, Didn't we do that for most of the game? They keyed on that. Why do you think we were already in the position we were in?

    If AD is in there, the play reeks "run". With Taylor in there it could be "run" or "Pass".

    Yes Taylor fumbled, but how many times has AD fumbled this year? How many on critical plays/drives?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #26
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,949

    Re: Coaching Desision Chester OR Peterson

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    If you need to score quickly, you gol 'darnit well better have your biggest playmaker and best player on the field.

    I don't care about situations, pass blocking, receiving at that point.


    He's our guy, we need to call on him when the time comes. Just like we did against the Packers, and he came through.


    Put the ball in the hands of your playmakers, not the Taylor isn't one, but Peterson's on another level.
    Yes Taylor fumbled, but how many times has AD fumbled this year? How many on critical plays/drives?

    Um, Didn't we do that for most of the game? They keyed on that. Why do you think we were already in the position we were in?

    If AD is in there, the play reeks "run". With Taylor in there it could be "run" or "Pass".
    what some ppl are missing here is that Chester didn't pass block on that play, so to say he was in there for his blocking is just assinine!!..

    I don't care how much better chester is than AP at catching, (i dont' recall chester ever running an actual route btw), YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!..

    You want your BEST players in the game with the game on the line.... if we loose and AP is on the sidelines, ppl question your judgment... if you have AP in there and loose then noone questions that bc you had your best players on the field...

    If everyone is keying on AP, then we know that and that opens someone else up to make a play!..

    running past the line of scrimmage and standing there waiting for a dump off is not a route... AP could have easily done that and has a better chance of breaking a long run...

  7. #27
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Coaching Desision Chester OR Peterson

    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Obviously you go with C-Tay. Talor can pass block
    & has better pass catching abilities. AD can't pass block. Why do you think he was on the sidelines?
    Cuz Chilly is a fucking dumb ass

    Or maybe he knows this team better then most here?

    He knows Chester is better at what we were supposed to do on that drive

    I agree with others thought that it would have been cool to use both on the field

    Otherwise Chester hands down in that situation
    what fumble? haha im jk but i would ten times rather have AD out there, he has a chance to break 2,3,4 tackles Chester doesnt have that ability, so if had to pick one AD would be the choice.... but if i was the coach i would rather have both of them in there, their two of are best players. Yeah Chilly knows the team better he is the fucking coach but tell me if you have AD out a wide out, he would be double covered opening up BB and Taylor... but are coach is a dumb ass
    You seem to think that Chester is a stiff.
    Fact-of-the-matter is, he would be the STARTING TAILBACK for every other team in our division.


    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #28
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Coaching Desision Chester OR Peterson

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    If you need to score quickly, you damn well better have your biggest playmaker and best player on the field.

    I don't care about situations, pass blocking, receiving at that point.


    He's our guy, we need to call on him when the time comes. Just like we did against the Packers, and he came through.


    Put the ball in the hands of your playmakers, not the Taylor isn't one, but Peterson's on another level.
    Yes Taylor fumbled, but how many times has AD fumbled this year? How many on critical plays/drives?

    Um, Didn't we do that for most of the game? They keyed on that. Why do you think we were already in the position we were in?

    If AD is in there, the play reeks "run". With Taylor in there it could be "run" or "Pass".
    If it were at any other point in the game I would say go with Taylor... but there also lies the problem. We make it too obvious when we're going to pass and run by subbing our running backs. I'd sacrifice one or two fuckups per game by Peterson to not have an offense that a 14 year old couldn't predict after a quarter of play.

    But we needed a score, give it to your home run hitter.

    If LaDainian Tomlinson got shut down for most of one game last season, and the Chargers were in this same situation, would they have put in Michael Turner?

  9. #29
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Coaching Desision Chester OR Peterson

    "Mr" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    If you need to score quickly, you damn well better have your biggest playmaker and best player on the field.

    I don't care about situations, pass blocking, receiving at that point.


    He's our guy, we need to call on him when the time comes. Just like we did against the Packers, and he came through.


    Put the ball in the hands of your playmakers, not the Taylor isn't one, but Peterson's on another level.
    Yes Taylor fumbled, but how many times has AD fumbled this year? How many on critical plays/drives?

    Um, Didn't we do that for most of the game? They keyed on that. Why do you think we were already in the position we were in?

    If AD is in there, the play reeks "run". With Taylor in there it could be "run" or "Pass".
    If it were at any other point in the game I would say go with Taylor... but there also lies the problem. We make it too obvious when we're going to pass and run by subbing our running backs. I'd sacrifice one or two fuckups per game by Peterson to not have an offense that a 14 year old couldn't predict after a quarter of play.

    But we needed a score, give it to your home run hitter.

    If LaDainian Tomlinson got shut down for most of one game last season, and the Chargers were in this same situation, would they have put in Michael Turner?
    They should, Turner is a beast.
    I do think you need to get Peterson on the field as well, but I'm not gonna second guess the coach because for all we know they were just softening the defense a bit to give AD a better chance at breaking a big one. Now we know that didn't work because of a fumble, but had the players executed the coaches may have gotten AD involved in the drive.

  10. #30
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Coaching Desision Chester OR Peterson

    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    If you need to score quickly, you gol 'darnit well better have your biggest playmaker and best player on the field.

    I don't care about situations, pass blocking, receiving at that point.


    He's our guy, we need to call on him when the time comes. Just like we did against the Packers, and he came through.


    Put the ball in the hands of your playmakers, not the Taylor isn't one, but Peterson's on another level.
    Yes Taylor fumbled, but how many times has AD fumbled this year? How many on critical plays/drives?

    Um, Didn't we do that for most of the game? They keyed on that. Why do you think we were already in the position we were in?

    If AD is in there, the play reeks "run". With Taylor in there it could be "run" or "Pass".
    what some ppl are missing here is that Chester didn't pass block on that play, so to say he was in there for his blocking is just assinine!!..

    I don't care how much better chester is than AP at catching, (i dont' recall chester ever running an actual route btw), YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!..

    You want your BEST players in the game with the game on the line.... if we loose and AP is on the sidelines, ppl question your judgment... if you have AP in there and loose then noone questions that bc you had your best players on the field...

    If everyone is keying on AP, then we know that and that opens someone else up to make a play!..

    running past the line of scrimmage and standing there waiting for a dump off is not a route... AP could have easily done that and has a better chance of breaking a long run...

    Chester actually waited to pick up the blitz but after he does his part he is supposed to slip out.. The blitz got picked up and he had a gap .. So he slipped out.. So yes he was in there to block.. But also as a recieving threat

    On that particular play im not sure if Adrian would have been open or not.. They had a spy on him all game and I doubt they would have let him go no matter what.. They wouldn't quit doing that because they held him down for 3 quarters

    And Adrian IF he catches the ball he hesitates.. Idk if he would have in that situation.. But you play your odds

    And when you need to pick up a block or catch a pass.. Chester is your guy

    I know AP is a bigger homerun threat.. But that's in the rushing game.. We weren't gonna rush.. And if we did they were all over him.. So you send in the more multi dimensional back

    And for the LaDainian comment no.. Because LT CAN block.. He is one of the better blocking backs in the league.. And he also is a top 3 recieving back in the league.. Totally different situation

    If AP could block better and catch the ball better and run better routes I would have said hell yah keep him in.. No matter if he was shut down or not

    Now had we kept AP in on the last drive.. I would not have been too upset.. But he made the correct desision in putting in Taylor.. Regardless if you AP homers and Chilldress haters disagree

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 04:35 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 07:28 AM
  3. Chester Taylor or Adrian Peterson?
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 10-14-2007, 05:57 PM
  4. Vikings Training Camp Battle: Chester Taylor vs. Adrian Peterson
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 08:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •