V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Coaching, Coaching, Coaching

I just got the internet and I'm apalled at how no one has called out Childress for blowing this game.

The playcalling was absolutey horrible. We basically came out thinking we could pass all day, and when it didn't work we waitd until the end of the third quarter to change our strategy.

I wish I had a gametape so I could count how many times we passed beyond the first down marker. My guess would be 5.

I know how many times we threw to the endzone. 1. Our only TD.

10 carries for Chester Taylor???? That stat would make you think we were down big and had to pass to catch up. The truth is Childress had zero committment to the run. He didn't run enough to keep the defense guessing, so the Bills just sat back in coverage while the DLine pass rushed hard.

Basically we put the whole game on Brad Johnson's shoulders, and I think most can agree that is not a good place to put our QB. BJ is a game manager not a game winner.

Defensively I can't complain too much because the offense played so bad that they were always on the field. Where was the "frenzy"?
    Smoot needs to be benched. He is so scared of getting burned deep that he gives all the cushion in the world for underneath passes. One of the many times I threw up during the game was when Losman lobbed that duck ball and the receiver still caught it before Smoot closed in on him. Another blowing chunks moment was their second touchdown. It looks like no one has ever taught Smoot how to tackle.

Lastly, I blame the coaches because none of our players showed up for this game, we seemed underprepared and unmotivated. I expected us to come out of halftime we our heads on fire, but I was severly disappointed because only Tice-like adjustments were made.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

Re: Coaching, Coaching, Coaching

Praise the lord!
    ;D
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

Prophet Guest

There are two reasons I'm not calling him out.

4th game
    Most of the points I was pissed about he addressed in his post-game interview.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

1. I'm not calling him out for being a bad coach, I'm calling him out because he had a bad week. I still believe he will do great in Minnesota.

2. I totally disagree with this:

Q: Chester's lack of carries...was that because of his injury problem or because of the situation of the game?
    A: I just felt like the game kind of got left-handed, that you couldn't stand to consider running the football in there. So we were going to try to get chunks and move the football up the field and something happened during the course of the game. When you get behind, typically you're not going to have as many run attempts, obviously. So you'd like to be able to will yourself to the lead and run the football a little bit more.

In the first two games we stuck with the run even though we were behind and Chester had a low ypg. I don't see why this last game was any different.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Prophet Guest

"V-Unit" wrote:
    1. I'm not calling him out for being a bad coach, I'm calling him out because he had a bad week. I still believe he will do great in Minnesota.

Q: Chester's lack of carries...was that because of his injury problem or because of the situation of the game?
    A: I just felt like the game kind of got left-handed, that you couldn't stand to consider running the football in there. So we were going to try to get chunks and move the football up the field and something happened during the course of the game. When you get behind, typically you're not going to have as many run attempts, obviously. So you'd like to be able to will yourself to the lead and run the football a little bit more.

In the first two games we stuck with the run even though we were behind and Chester had a low ypg. I don't see why this last game was any different.
    I feel the same way, especially since he was the person that said it was the quantity of the runs, not the quality.
    The game was close too, it wasn't like we were getting blown away.
    N=4.
    We'll see how it plays out.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:

I feel the same way, especially since he was the person that said it was the quantity of the runs, not the quality.
    The game was close too, it wasn't like we were getting blown away.
    N=4.
    We'll see how it plays out.
    I agree with both of you guys. He had a bad week, but I think that's just part of being a rookie head coach in your 4th game. Keep the faith! No one is perfect!

He is a rookie head coach, you cannot expect bud grant in his prime already.
    I am sure next year with a year under his belt as well as a better starting QB you will see improvements tice could only dream of.
    I like coach childress as a head coach, not so much as the GM.
    You republican whore!