Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    KevinK is offline Starter

Re: Coaching Breakdown?

I just feel like we need the coach to stepup and get a backup qb.
    What happens if TJack gets hurt?
    We will have all the pieces except a vet to bring experience and leadership to the team!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"KevinK" wrote:
    I just feel like we need the coach to stepup and get a backup qb.
    What happens if TJack gets hurt?
    We will have all the pieces except a vet to bring experience and leadership to the team!
    We don't even have a vet at starting QB now.

Who could we bring in?

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=37130.msg625623#msg625623 date=1188223492]
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=37130.msg625533#msg625533 date=1188212065]
    I don't recall seeing Troy drop the ball. I recall seeing it drop beyond his outreached hands in the endzone. He probably would have caught the ball had the defender not grabbed his arm for quite some time as they were going down the sideline.

Anyone who taped the game, re-watch it & you'll see what I'm talking about.

That was the 2nd pass interference that didn't get called. The first was on Bobby Wade when he went to the ground & the ball ended up in his hands. Unfortunately, the tip of the ball also hit the ground.
    I don't think it was PI.
    Some refs would have called it, but in both of those situations I am glad that they didn't.
    Let the players play the game.
    They were consistent in their calls for both teams, so I am OK with it.

I do agree, however, that TWill didn't drop anything. The ball was beyond him, for whatever reason.
    He possibly could have dove or extended to catch that ball though.
    I think someone with as much to prove as he has, he could have put in a little more effort.
    Of course, it is just preseason though.
    Timing Timing Timing.
    What I saw was a well thrown ball, a WR who ran the correct route and a DB who messed the timing of the whole thing out by hanging on the WR.

:
    SO what you saw was a QB, a WR, and a DB who all did their jobs correctly. ;D
    Well in my drunken stupor I woke the whole house yelling, THROW THE gol 'darnit FLAG.
    Two out of three did thier job......... ;D
    LOL.
    Now come on... if the situation was reversed, and that was a Viking defender, nobody here would think that was PI.
    ;D I like it when the refs let them play.
    As long as it isn't blatant (like when the defender had a hold of Wade's jersey) I don't consider it interference, and I hate seeing yellow on the field.
    [/quote]
    Normally I am the same, however, I wanted him to catch a deep ball pretty bad (Beer had alot to do with it) so I could harp on a few haters.......... ;D

Silly me............ :
    [/quote]
    that was not pass interference, that was troy worrying too much about the guy he already had a step on and not just running underneath the football.
    the throw was good, he had a step on his defender but he was trying to create separation with his arm when he didn't need to cuz the throw was perfect.
    good thing is though he didn't drop it, he just didn't play it well.
    the wade play could have been pass interference.
    but the thing you gotta love about tjack, even going back to last year, he doesn't looked flushed or happy footed when teams send pressure at him.
    he made good decisions in the game just didn't give his wrs good enough throws to make plays on, at least not every time cuz he didn't make some real nice throws.

was it me or did we not see troy williamson until like midway through the 2nd quarter?
    does this mean anything, or did the coaches want to get a better look at ferguson and rice cuz they know what they have with williamson already?
    i just found it interesting cuz he was not really on the field.

also eramus did look slow as compared to the way edwards and robison have looked out there.
    it's probably gonna take some time until he contributes.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=37130.msg625635#msg625635 date=1188224318]
    I don't recall seeing Troy drop the ball. I recall seeing it drop beyond his outreached hands in the endzone. He probably would have caught the ball had the defender not grabbed his arm for quite some time as they were going down the sideline.

That was the 2nd pass interference that didn't get called. The first was on Bobby Wade when he went to the ground & the ball ended up in his hands. Unfortunately, the tip of the ball also hit the ground.
    I don't think it was PI.
    Some refs would have called it, but in both of those situations I am glad that they didn't.

I do agree, however, that TWill didn't drop anything. The ball was beyond him, for whatever reason.
    I think someone with as much to prove as he has, he could have put in a little more effort.
    Timing Timing Timing.
    What I saw was a well thrown ball, a WR who ran the correct route and a DB who messed the timing of the whole thing out by hanging on the WR.

:
    Well in my drunken stupor I woke the whole house yelling, THROW THE gol 'darnit FLAG.
    LOL.
    Now come on... if the situation was reversed, and that was a Viking defender, nobody here would think that was PI.
    As long as it isn't blatant (like when the defender had a hold of Wade's jersey) I don't consider it interference, and I hate seeing yellow on the field.
    [/quote]
    Normally I am the same, however, I wanted him to catch a deep ball pretty bad (Beer had alot to do with it) so I could harp on a few haters.......... ;D

Silly me............ :
    [/quote]
    that was not pass interference, that was troy worrying too much about the guy he already had a step on and not just running underneath the football.
    the throw was good, he had a step on his defender but he was trying to create separation with his arm when he didn't need to cuz the throw was perfect.
    but the thing you gotta love about tjack, even going back to last year, he doesn't looked flushed or happy footed when teams send pressure at him.
    he made good decisions in the game just didn't give his wrs good enough throws to make plays on, at least not every time cuz he didn't make some real nice throws.

was it me or did we not see troy williamson until like midway through the 2nd quarter?
    does this mean anything, or did the coaches want to get a better look at ferguson and rice cuz they know what they have with williamson already?

also eramus did look slow as compared to the way edwards and robison have looked out there.

[/quote]
    You should have been drinking what I was drinking.
    You would have saw it my way.
    ;D

I did a play break down by a couple of teams who run the WCO in another thread.
    I wouldn't worry to much about not seeing the deep ball much at this stage........
    It'll show in when the boys have a whole game to employ the scheme.

I look to see
    1 or 2 deep throws each half.

On a side note, I also look to see Troy used on deep crossing patters with B-wade doing a few under neath and Ferggy/Shank exploiting the seams/gaps that those two will open.

Again, we haven't seen the whole offense in play yet because of the Chillers (Vanilla) approach to keeping things close to his "Vest".
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=37130.msg625637#msg625637 date=1188224458]

I don't think it was PI.

Timing Timing Timing.

:
    LOL.
    [/quote]

Silly me............ :
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    ;D

I wouldn't worry to much about not seeing the deep ball much at this stage........

I look to see

On a side note, I also look to see Troy used on deep crossing patters with B-wade doing a few under neath and Ferggy/Shank exploiting the seams/gaps that those two will open.

Again, we haven't seen the whole offense in play yet because of the Chillers (Vanilla) approach to keeping things close to his "Vest".
    [/quote]
    i was fine with the passing game, we took our shots we just need to connect on more so that we make them pay for trying to blitz.
    what i was asking is whether williamson not being on the field that much early means anything?
    it was just an observation i made cuz i saw alot of fergy and rice, but no williamson until late 2nd quarter.
    and i dont mean balls thrown his way, but then he was not even on the field.

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=37130.msg625641#msg625641 date=1188224786]

I don't think it was PI.

Timing Timing Timing.

:
    LOL.
    [/quote]

Silly me............ :
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    ;D

I look to see

[/quote]
    i was fine with the passing game, we took our shots we just need to connect on more so that we make them pay for trying to blitz.
    what i was asking is whether williamson not being on the field that much early means anything?
    it was just an observation i made cuz i saw alot of fergy and rice, but no williamson until late 2nd quarter.
    [/quote]
    Ahhh, I'm tracking now.
    I wouldn't put to much into it.
    Ferggy needed some looks with the first team as well as Rice I would imagine.
    Seems we (good or bad) know what we have in T-will.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=37130.msg625645#msg625645 date=1188225513]

I don't think it was PI.

Timing Timing Timing.

:
    LOL.
    [/quote]

Silly me............ :
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    ;D

I look to see

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    Ahhh, I'm tracking now.
    [/quote]
    that's what i think too.
    but i hope a reporter ask childress just to get a direct response on the topic.

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=37130.msg625651#msg625651 date=1188225829]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=37130.msg625645#msg625645 date=1188225513]

I don't think it was PI.

Timing Timing Timing.

:
    LOL.
    [/quote]

Silly me............ :
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    ;D

I look to see

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    Ahhh, I'm tracking now.
    [/quote]
    that's what i think too.
    but i hope a reporter ask childress just to get a direct response on the topic.
    [/quote]
    That would have meant that he would have had to get his fat ass out of the press box, walk to the elavator, push a button, walk out onto the field, hold out his little recorder and then, goodness forbid, ask the question.

Way to much work my friend.
    Better/easier to just make up some drivel.
    ;D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123