Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Coaching Breakdown?

I only saw one time live. But the picture started with Richardson talking to Childress. Then a coach came from behind Richardson and kind of got between them a little putting his hand on Richardsons chest and directing him away.
    I don't make to much of it. But as I said in another thread. Childress did not appear to be very happy last night.
    Rightfully so!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

norseforce is offline Rookie

that's no big deal, what I noticed was M.BIRK getting his butt kicked, constantly getting beaten by rocky bernard and tubbs,and it happened last year
    and nothing has changed this year .

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Players and coaches are going to get into it sometimes.
    The preseason is there so teams can work out all the kinks including personality issues.
    I wouldn't read too much into it this time.
    I just hope everyone gets on the same page by the start of the
    season.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I don't recall seeing Troy drop the ball. I recall seeing it drop beyond his outreached hands in the endzone. He probably would have caught the ball had the defender not grabbed his arm for quite some time as they were going down the sideline.

Anyone who taped the game, re-watch it & you'll see what I'm talking about.

That was the 2nd pass interference that didn't get called. The first was on Bobby Wade when he went to the ground & the ball ended up in his hands. Unfortunately, the tip of the ball also hit the ground.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    I don't recall seeing Troy drop the ball. I recall seeing it drop beyond his outreached hands in the endzone. He probably would have caught the ball had the defender not grabbed his arm for quite some time as they were going down the sideline.

That was the 2nd pass interference that didn't get called. The first was on Bobby Wade when he went to the ground & the ball ended up in his hands. Unfortunately, the tip of the ball also hit the ground.
    I don't think it was PI.
    Some refs would have called it, but in both of those situations I am glad that they didn't.
    Let the players play the game.
    They were consistent in their calls for both teams, so I am OK with it.

I do agree, however, that TWill didn't drop anything. The ball was beyond him, for whatever reason.
    He possibly could have dove or extended to catch that ball though.
    I think someone with as much to prove as he has, he could have put in a little more effort.
    Of course, it is just preseason though.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I don't think it was PI.
    Some refs would have called it, but in both of those situations I am glad that they didn't.

I do agree, however, that TWill didn't drop anything. The ball was beyond him, for whatever reason.
    I think someone with as much to prove as he has, he could have put in a little more effort.
    Timing Timing Timing.
    What I saw was a well thrown ball, a WR who ran the correct route and a DB who messed the timing of the whole thing out by hanging on the WR.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I don't think it was PI.

Timing Timing Timing.
    What I saw was a well thrown ball, a WR who ran the correct route and a DB who messed the timing of the whole thing out by hanging on the WR.
    :
    SO what you saw was a QB, a WR, and a DB who all did their jobs correctly. ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I don't think it was PI.

Timing Timing Timing.

:
    Well in my drunken stupor I woke the whole house yelling, THROW THE DAMN FLAG.
    Two out of three did thier job......... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I don't think it was PI.

Timing Timing Timing.
    :
    Well in my drunken stupor I woke the whole house yelling, THROW THE gol 'darnit FLAG.
    LOL.
    Now come on... if the situation was reversed, and that was a Viking defender, nobody here would think that was PI.
    ;D I like it when the refs let them play.
    As long as it isn't blatant (like when the defender had a hold of Wade's jersey) I don't consider it interference, and I hate seeing yellow on the field.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=37130.msg625533#msg625533 date=1188212065]

I don't think it was PI.

Timing Timing Timing.

:
    Well in my drunken stupor I woke the whole house yelling, THROW THE gol 'darnit FLAG.
    LOL.
    Now come on... if the situation was reversed, and that was a Viking defender, nobody here would think that was PI.
    ;D I like it when the refs let them play.
    As long as it isn't blatant (like when the defender had a hold of Wade's jersey) I don't consider it interference, and I hate seeing yellow on the field.
    [/quote]
    Normally I am the same, however, I wanted him to catch a deep ball pretty bad (Beer had alot to do with it) so I could harp on a few haters.......... ;D

Silly me............ :

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast