Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: The coaches.....who should be kept/dumped?

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1085913
    Keep Frazier, the players like and respect him, he's won as a player and a coach.

Mike Singletary was just fired, new defensive coordinator perhaps? He and Frazier played together on the 85 Bears team. Could be an interesting fit.
    Will Singletary have to wear pants?

I still like the idea of a GM building the staff, but what you are suggesting sounds very interesting and appealing.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Keep Frazier, the players like and respect him, he's won as a player and a coach.

Mike Singletary was just fired, new defensive coordinator perhaps? He and Frazier played together on the 85 Bears team. Could be an interesting fit.
    I don't think I like the "Players Like Him" idea. Respect I'm good with.

Quick question, do you think the Cowgirls are playing better cause they like thier new Interim HC or is it because the guy who writes the checks told them that if they don't shape up more changes will come?

After that, Jones addressed the players and gave them a stern warning that he wanted to win by using winning players and the current way the Cowboys were playing was not acceptable.
    Cowboys' Wade Phillips fired
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

rednorsk is offline Rookie

OL Coach for playing McKinnie.
    Special teams coach.
    Whomever is responsible for picking some really bad dbacks.
    DL coach for not lighting a fire under a bunch of overpaid under achievers.
    100% FOR Leslie Frazier as HC.
    Pray for Dunge as GM!!!
    None

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085903
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1085895
    Who ever Parcells or Gruden decides to let go is fine with me.
    Hmmmmmmm, not sure if you meant it that way, however, I wonder how Gruden would be as a GM.

Makes ole Marrdro go down one of his rabbit holes.......:laugh:
    No I didn't mean that.
    How bout Parcells and Gruden. GM, Coach FTW?

Quote Originally Posted by "rednorsk" #1085932
    OL Coach for playing McKinnie.
    Whomever is responsible for picking some really bad dbacks.
    DL coach for not lighting a fire under a bunch of overpaid under achievers.
    100% FOR Leslie Frazier as HC.
    Isn't Coach Frazier culpable for both of those?

Cover 2 Scheme = DB's allow the catch and then tackle.
    Defensive line play = DL coach = Works for Defensive Coordinator
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085924

Quick question, do you think the Cowgirls are playing better cause they like thier new Interim HC or is it because the guy who writes the checks told them that if they don't shape up more changes will come?

After that, Jones addressed the players and gave them a stern warning that he wanted to win by using winning players and the current way the Cowboys were playing was not acceptable.
    The Cowboys players loved Wade Phillips.

I think any change on a talented team like that can kick their asses into gear. The players might think something like, "if a good head coach can be fired at any time, what will Jerry do to me if I don't shape up?"

I don't think it has anything to do with how much they like the coaches, I just think that if a coach is qualified, which I believe Frazier is, the approval and respect of players is a huge plus. Something Childress didn't seem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1085937

I think any change on a talented team like that can kick their asses into gear. The players might think something like, "if a good head coach can be fired at any time, what will Jerry do to me if I don't shape up?"

I don't think it has anything to do with how much they like the coaches, I just think that if a coach is qualified, which I believe Frazier is, the approval and respect of players is a huge plus. Something Childress didn't seem to have.
    OK, forgive me my friend, you know I am slow on the uptake sometimes. First you said the players "Like" and "Respect" Leslie so that is why I went down that discussion line.

If you now want to say he is qualified, then I will ask a different question,......

If he is so qualified, why hasn't another team tabbed him? Seems to me, one of those teams (I can think of right away) is back looking for a HC and his wasn't tabbed/picked.

Again, I'm not sure why he has interviewed so many times without getting selected, however, there has to be a reason why he hasn't been selected yet.

It can't be his demeanor, as you point out, he is well liked and well respected around the league. Only thing it can be after that is qualifications, (I think).....

You can then, if that is the problem, narrow that down and look at how he would organize and run things like camp, practices after camp etc etc. Someplace there is a problem. I'm not so sure I want to figure that problem out and waste time like we did with Tice and now the Chiller.

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085940

OK, forgive me my friend, you know I am slow on the uptake sometimes. First you said the players "Like" and "Respect" Leslie so that is why I went down that discussion line.

If you now want to say he is qualified, then I will ask a different question,......

If he is so qualified, why hasn't another team tabbed him? Seems to me, one of those teams (I can think of right away) is back looking for a HC and his wasn't tabbed/picked.

Again, I'm not sure why he has interviewed so many times without getting selected, however, there has to be a reason why he hasn't been selected yet.

It can't be his demeanor, as you point out, he is well liked and well respected around the league. Only thing it can be after that is qualifications, (I think).....

You can then, if that is the problem, narrow that down and look at how he would organize and run things like camp, practices after camp etc etc. Someplace there is a problem. I'm not so sure I want to figure that problem out and waste time like we did with Tice and now the Chiller.
    Rooney rule could contribute a bit to a lot of interviews without an offer.
    I'm confident he will be a head coach somewhere next year.

This year his defense got injured, old and left on the field too long with an inept offense. Stars like JA, and KW forgot to show up early in the season.
    Frazier's responsibility but not much he could do to fix it.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1085945

This year his defense got injured, old and left on the field too long with an inept offense. Stars like JA, and KW forgot to show up early in the season.
    But you could almost say the same thing for the Chiller and the team (especailly the offense) as a whole.

OL was patched together all year. QB play was terrible for whatever reason. Best WR skipped half the year, the next best WR had migraines all the time. TE disappeared etc etc etc.

He wasn't cut any slack. As you said, not much he could do to fix it. FO pukes failed to land Vincent Jackson and brought in PatsRandy instead. Didn't sign a vet to help out on the OL, relying on Cook and Degeare. Payed the Noodle 4 mil extra to skip camp.

Again, he had the title of Asst Head Coach. Means he had more say than just a D-coord.

He could have at least changed the scheme on the defensive side of the ball to better maximize what everyone says is one of the best DL's in the league. Instead they kept playing cover 2, with no pressure from the DL with backup CB's at best.

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085948
    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1085945

But you could almost say the same thing for the Chiller and the team (especailly the offense) as a whole.

OL was patched together all year. QB play was terrible for whatever reason. Best WR skipped half the year, the next best WR had migraines all the time. TE disappeared etc etc etc.

He wasn't cut any slack. As you said, not much he could do to fix it. FO pukes failed to land Vincent Jackson and brought in PatsRandy instead. Didn't sign a vet to help out on the OL, relying on Cook and Degeare. Payed the Noodle 4 mil extra to skip camp.

Again, he had the title of Asst Head Coach. Means he had more say than just a D-coord.

He could have at least changed the scheme on the defensive side of the ball to better maximize what everyone says is one of the best DL's in the league. Instead they kept playing cover 2, with no pressure from the DL with backup CB's at best.
    Cover 2 was what Childress wanted for a scheme. Frazier inhereted it.
    Frazier did improve it last year by allowing his corners to play some man coverage.
    In fact, he didn't play as much cover 2 as in the past.
    Without Griffin he had to revert back to more cover 2.

I agree the same arguement could be made for Childress. But the head coach is ultimately responsible for wins and losses. Sometimes a scapegoat coordinator is fired instead of the head coach.But usually the head coach is the logical guy to fire.
    Dilfer

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast