Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The coaches.....who should be kept/dumped?

Maybe we should hire that Brad Childress guy...after all, Andy Reid says he's great.

How bad could he be?

:laugh:

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

I say Keep Frazier and let him bring in HIS coaches.I think a couple would stay like Pagac. But I also think that Frazier would bring in some of his own coaches. You have remember Frazier didn't bring these guys in Chilly Did. The Palyers have already said they like playing for him. Let him put his stamp on this team see what he can do. People want a Big name coach but all of them with the exception of Cowher have been fired as well. You also have to remember we may be facing a lock out. Would bringing in a completely new coach and system work? What about competition I think there could be realistically 4 to 5 more coaches fired at the end of the season. plus there is still a spot in Dallas, although it may be Garrets to loose, Denver, Possibly SF, NY Giants,Oakland, Washington, Houston, San Diego(don't be surprised), TN and Cincy. Frazier reminds me alot like Dungy. And Well Dungy has done well with Bringing in assistants that have done well.I guess I am confused as to why people don't think that Frazier can not and would not do so as well.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "ndnorseman" #1085455
    First off, I know there's already a L

[strike]Darrell Bevell: Offensive Coordinator[/strike] - GONE - I'm tired of vanilla. It would be nice to have an OC with more imagination than a cardboard box.

Agree/disagree?
    I am going to agree with you but be in the minority and disagree on this as well. Much Like Chilly was in Philly Bevell I really don't think had a lo to do with calling the plays as he was kind of a back up to Chilly. He may of given his opinion but it was Chily calling the plays. With that being said I think Bevell will be a very good OC given time and given the opportunity to actually run the offense. Should that time be given here? No but I would be very surprised if Bevell was not hired on as a Offensive assistant somewhere next year and given the opportunity to become a OC again in the future. Call it a hunch but I see it happening

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1085565
    Maybe we should hire that Brad Childress guy...after all, Andy Reid says he's great.

How bad could he be?

I heard that he is going to be tapped to be our GM.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Garland Greene" #1085569
    I guess I am confused as to why people don't think that Frazier can not and would not do so as well.
    For me:

a. He has been interviewed alot and hasn't been selected. There is a reason why. I'm not sure what it is, but I sure don't want to figure out what it is while he is our head coach.

b. He has alot of talent on defense, especially on the DL and couldn't get production out of them (especially a pass rush). Why, if he can't get production out of an area he is supposed to be the most proficient at, would we want to have him try to get the most out of the rest of the team.

c. A vote of confidence from this group isn't a vote of confidence to me. It might just mean they are happy getting paid to be underachievers and don't think he will light a fire under thier asses.

d. I haven't seen anything change with him in charge, other than an improvement on the DL. Seems they might have gotten better without him in charge of them.

Most importantly, he was elevated to the title of Assistant Head Coach. That means he was second in command and bares some of the blame for the debacle we had this year as a team.

Look, he might be the second coming for all I know, and if he is, I will be extremely happy cause I like the guy. Problem is, this team needs leadership. So far I haven't seen anything but a few "Group Hugs" on the sidelines during the games that makes me want to say, "He is the guy".

For me, I am almost willing to give him a shot if it means we won't see a mass exodus of players at the end of the season but if that is what it will take to keep players, I am almost willing to let them all leave, bring in a whole new staff and start all over rather than waste a few years like we did with Tice.

First move, get a GM in here and let him decide who stays and who goes. Everything else after that will be good (over time).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1085565

How bad could he be?

We do need a QB guru.

Funny thing though, a year ago when we were 12-4, many people here were saying how great he was.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Who ever Parcells or Gruden decides to let go is fine with me.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Hire a real GM and let him make the decisions.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1085895
    Who ever Parcells or Gruden decides to let go is fine with me.
    Hmmmmmmm, not sure if you meant it that way, however, I wonder how Gruden would be as a GM.

Makes ole Marrdro go down one of his rabbit holes.......:laugh:

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Keep Frazier, the players like and respect him, he's won as a player and a coach.

Mike Singletary was just fired, new defensive coordinator perhaps? He and Frazier played together on the 85 Bears team. Could be an interesting fit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast