Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

Coaches on the Hot Seat

I really don't think Tice will be here next year.

From the second it left Mike Tice's mouth, it became the perfect explanatory snippet for the coaching hot seat.

"Sometimes," Tice said, "you wake up and you say, 'Man, I didn't have anything to drink last night. I didn't have anything fattening. So why do I want to puke?' Then you realize, 'Oh, that's right.' You start remembering what's going on in your life."

At the time, Tice was speaking about the season spinning out of control for the Minnesota Vikings. But really, it's the embodiment of what some coaches begin to feel around midseason. Their teams slip into a state of stagnation, clumps of hair start to fall off their head and the fan base leads a parade to the nearest guillotine.

Strangely enough, we call it the hot seat when it can actually seem like the coldest place on earth. And it's getting mighty cold in various places across the NFL, where several head coaching jobs are once again in jeopardy …

IMMINENT DOOM

Mike Tice
    Duh. There may be few more obvious firings waiting to happen. This won't really be a firing since Tice is in the final year of his contract. But he's going to be shown the door nonetheless.
    We've heard all the stuff about how Zygi Wilf thinks Tice is a great guy, but this situation has just gone too far. The play on the field has been horrendous and the conduct off the field has been scandalous. And now you even have some players (Antoine Winfield) ripping the schemes. A front-office change isn't enough.

Read:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-notebook110205&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

Big C is offline Coordinator

Re: Coaches on the Hot Seat

He will probably be here as an offensive line coach. No one else will will hire him as an HC, OC or DC. So he just might be offered a job as an offensive line coach, and I wouldn't have any problems with that. He's a good Line coach.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Big C" wrote:
    He will probably be here as an offensive line coach. No one else will will hire him as an HC, OC or DC. So he just might be offered a job as an offensive line coach, and I wouldn't have any problems with that. He's a good Line coach.
    :scratch: The O-line is one of our biggest weakness'.

:???:

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

I think you are right zygi will offer him something. I like tice.
    I BLEED PURPLE!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

tice will probley stay. its everyone else that will be going.
    We're bringing purple back.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

that's crazy. tice is one of the team's cancers--even if a bit malignant--he will not be back next year or we'll just see another losing team.

he be a decent Tight End coach... FOR ANOTHER TEAM!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Of the Vikings are going to change the attitude and image of the team it begins with getting rid of Tice. The bottomlone is the man has done nothing for this organization as a head coach. I have never heard of a bad HC being demoted to such a low position as line coach for the SAMe team. Does this happen often?

I really don't see Tice having success at any level in football. He can't get his players motivated and he has horrible gameplans. I am embarrassed as a vikings fan that this man is our coach. If he sticks around in any way then it simply means we are going nowhere next season as well.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Tice will be here, Cotrell & Looney -- gone. Also a lot of the underlying coaching staff will be let go to go back to what they were doing before joining the Vikings.

Some will be greeting people at Walmart, others delivering pizza's & some flippin' burgers at Mac & Don's.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I REALLY LIKE Tice but I believe the team has lost a lot of respect for him as well as the other coaches. I think most of them will be gone with the exception of Tice who will not be coaching but given some front office position because Wilf likes him.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Personally, I think Tice will be gone. I like him, and I believe he has the potential to be a good HC, but with everything that has happened this season, I don;t see any way for him to stay and us to move forward...at this point.

If he were to tell Cottrell to take a flying leap and take over the Defense and give it a kick start, THAT would be a reasdon to keep him. If he were to recognize that Loney isn't ready for the job he has, and take over and kick start the Offense, THAT would be a reason to keep him.

But, honestly, I don't think he'll do either one.

Tice was saddled with the WORST coaching staff in the NFL...and expected to generate success. That really isn't possible. With bad Coordinators on both sides of the ball - coordinators that Tice was FORCED to take because they were cheap - what does Tice fix first? And what happens when we still lose because the other side is still in shambles?

The unfortunate truth is that Tice is done after this season unless we miraculously surge and take the Division and go DEEEEEEP into the Play-offs. And, honestly, that's a long shot...and getting longer every week.

Caine

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast