Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coach change?

coreyd is offline Coach

Coach change?

Yeah I admit it now, maybe I jumped the gun on the situation. He deserves a shot with an owner that actually cares about the team. If we could only get Red out before too many FA's are snatched up....

JTSnow is offline Pro-Bowler

Coach change?

We have changed enough!
    [img:4c22618921]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:4c22618921].

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Coach change?

OK....follow this for a second and hold back the lashing I am sure to get....

I don't believe Red is as bad as we are all making him out to be.

If he truly wanted to make more money off the sale of the Vikes, clearly the best way to do that I believe is to win a Super Bowl or two.

Granted he did not spend money on free agents, but many people did not believe we needed to. Many people had the Vikes picked to hit the NFC Championship Game at the least, and some were even calling the Philly game the Super Bowl. So, though Red did not spend money, many believed he did not need to.

Also, owning a team is a business. You cant spend more than you make or you go out of business, or move to a new city. The Legislature could have helped out emmensly by building a new stadium, or at least pretending to care about one.

Remember, Red may not have been the greatest owner, but I really dont believe he was that bad, and things could get worse with Fowler, because I believe he barely has the money to buy the Vikes, much less chip in some money for a new stadium.

Maybe Fowler is buying the Vikings for an investment, ride the team out a couple of years, hope for a new stadium, in which the Vikings are worth much more, or if he does not get a new stadium, move them to LA where there is a new staduim, and the price of the team goes up. Either way Fowler wins...and makes money.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Coach change?

And I just put that in the wrong forum....sorry guys

coreyd is offline Coach

Coach change?

I agree with you NDVikingFan66.....nicely put opinion!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Coach change?

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    OK....follow this for a second and hold back the lashing I am sure to get....

I don't believe Red is as bad as we are all making him out to be.

If he truly wanted to make more money off the sale of the Vikes, clearly the best way to do that I believe is to win a Super Bowl or two.

Granted he did not spend money on free agents, but many people did not believe we needed to. Many people had the Vikes picked to hit the NFC Championship Game at the least, and some were even calling the Philly game the Super Bowl. So, though Red did not spend money, many believed he did not need to.

Also, owning a team is a business. You cant spend more than you make or you go out of business, or move to a new city. The Legislature could have helped out emmensly by building a new stadium, or at least pretending to care about one.

Remember, Red may not have been the greatest owner, but I really dont believe he was that bad, and things could get worse with Fowler, because I believe he barely has the money to buy the Vikes, much less chip in some money for a new stadium.

Maybe Fowler is buying the Vikings for an investment, ride the team out a couple of years, hope for a new stadium, in which the Vikings are worth much more, or if he does not get a new stadium, move them to LA where there is a new staduim, and the price of the team goes up. Either way Fowler wins...and makes money.
    What people??? Everyone knows that defense wins championships...and our defense couldn't win a Peewee football championship, much less the Super Bowl...without Red spending more money, he did not have a chance in H-E-L-L to win a championship...no, Red is alot worse than you think...because he wouldn't have needed to spend the whole cap space to improve the defense enough to have a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl trophy. He knew that the offense would guarantee that all the games would sell out...so that was where he put all his money...F*ck Red!!! The Cardinals...the CARDINALS, for Christ's sake...got a new stadium and they will NEVER be good! Red can make all the excuses he wants but we all know that he just doesn't care about winning...only about making money...we are the real losers here...if he just wants to make money, let him invest in Halliburton or one of the other companies that the current administration is printing money for...we shouldn't have to put up with this SH*T...we deserve more...alot more!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12