Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Coach aproval ratings, as voted by fans

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "PurpleMafia" wrote:
    800 votes by Vikings fans. The closest number after that was less than 400 votes per one coach. The Vikings fans are clearly trying to send a message here. Brad needs to go. I wish we could get Tomlin, or Del Rio. But I think those guys will stay put for a while. At this point, I wouldnt even complain about bringing in Mariucci, or Linehan.
    I think Mariucci would be good, as he has lots of experience in the WCO from his time in San Fran.
    either that or promote Fraizer.
    Get Ron Rivera to coach D, as he implemented the cover 2 in Chicago.
    Bring back Tice as OL coach, and Cris Carter as WR coach (i know, unlikely, but would be excellent)
    and Billick as OC.

I can't think of a better coaching situation.
    And I can't think of a much more far fetched senerio

Although that would be nice!!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V4L" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "PurpleMafia" wrote:
    800 votes by Vikings fans. The closest number after that was less than 400 votes per one coach. The Vikings fans are clearly trying to send a message here. Brad needs to go. I wish we could get Tomlin, or Del Rio. But I think those guys will stay put for a while. At this point, I wouldnt even complain about bringing in Mariucci, or Linehan.
    I think Mariucci would be good, as he has lots of experience in the WCO from his time in San Fran.
    Bring back Tice as OL coach, and Cris Carter as WR coach (i know, unlikely, but would be excellent)
    and Billick as OC.

hell yes it would be nice, 3 guys with HC experience, a little unrealistic though.
    Seriously, Bevell needs to go along with Childress.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Childress is certainly not making any friends with the way we are loosing these games and the way the players are performing under his command. Right now I see it as an extremely steep hill he has to climb in order to keep his job. With all the talent and additions we made in the offseason this team is dramatically underachieving IMO, but those are just the expectations i set at the begining of the season. I expected 14-2 on a very high end and 10-6 on the low end.

We may start winning some games against lesser teams but it never means anything unless you can contend with the good teams. Right now I have no confidence that we can beat good teams, compete with them and matchup with them talent wise, sure but this team is flat, unispired and unmotivated. The massess are seeing exactly that and it makes you wonder when this same feeling takes over that locker room. The hope that is left is in the fact that we have good players all over the field on both sides of ball but untill we put mistake free poised games together we are destined for meadiocricy.

I never thought I would have to make that post but it is what it is.

V4L

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "PurpleMafia" wrote:
    and Billick as OC.

hell yes it would be nice, 3 guys with HC experience, a little unrealistic though.
    Seriously, Bevell needs to go along with Childress.

Agreed

He was like Chilldress in Philly.. Didn't do SHIT!!

We need a complete overhaul except Frazier.. I just think he needs to find a way to get more pressure and not give up too many yards

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    and Billick as OC.

I really like Mariucci as a person, I think he's great individual with a great heart but when I see him coaching, he coaches like a Kindergarden Teacher teaches, he is one funny dude.

If all comes to doom and gloom I think Ziggy will look for a proven winner who can step in and take over a talented football team.

V4L

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    and Billick as OC.

I really like Mariucci as a person, I think he's great individual with a great heart but when I see him coaching, he coaches like a Kindergarden Teacher teaches, he is one funny dude.

If all comes to doom and gloom I think Ziggy will look for a proven winner who can step in and take over a talented football team.

Zygi better

We are built to win now

"V4L" wrote:
    Zygi better

We are built to win now
    That would be the case IMO, The QB thing could be an issue for a newcomer but like Zorn is doing in Washington you would hope someone could do here.

ragz is offline GM

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Zygi better

We are built to win now
    That would be the case IMO, The QB thing could be an issue for a newcomer but like Zorn is doing in Washington you would hope someone could do here.
    thats what is so sad.
    it took zorn one game to figure out what her was doing wrong.
    maybe a bit exaggerant, but that first game they were miserable, and just like that, they have progressively gotten better week to week.
    in fuckin 3 years we have yet to see that under childress.
    i heard crap about rebuilding this, or he hasn't gotten the players he wanted to run his system, or that his offense is so complicated, or that its a zone blocking scheme, or all our qbs stink, or this or that, or whatever bullshit someone can come up with.
    he stinks, and he iced that today by punting the ball away just so the titans could knell on it at the end of the game.
    not even showing any heart or making any effort.
    he might as well had just pulled the team off the field and walked to the locker room before the clock ticked away.
    unfortunately i honestly believe he didnt realize that was what was gonna happen.
    in his stupidity i really think he though he was gonna get the ball back.
    in fact i dont know what i want to be true.
    that hes so stupid he thought that, or that hes so heartless that he basically forfeited the game with 2 minutes left.
    either way we have been set back 3 years cuz this guy sucks.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

ktarinze is offline Rookie

lol childress is last no surprise

I found it disturbing he punted, I guess it didn't matter considering Tarvaris ran into back to back sacks after Frerrotte threw the ball some 40 times and was only sacked twice.

I also found it disturbing that we won the coin toss only to choose kicking instead of making a statement early with his offense on the road in a hostle inviroment. What kind of confidence is that for a offensive unit. I was waiting all week to win that coin toss.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast