Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

C'mon Childress ....... A sing along?

[size=13pt]A sing along?[/size]

October 1st, 2007 – 7:04 PM
    by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

“We were thinking about having a campfire and all singing Kumbaya here this afternoon a little bit just so we could get our spirits up,” Childress said.“.........

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: C'mon Childress ....... A sing along?

But it’s a whole different feeling right here right now and it’s a can-do attitude,
    Although a bit silly (the article) but a great little nugget in there.

This team hasn't quit even though it appears alot of the "So Called" fans have.
    Did you see Chad and Carson last night?

Quite a difference in attitudes between two 1-3 teams.
    Like it or not, it appears this team has bought into what the Chiller and his staff are selling.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

We still have some pride, and the team is sticking together. We all can see how close we've been here and there, with wide-open guys, questionable calls, and such. The effort is there, and it will be enough to get this team going in the right direction.

NodakPaul is online now Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The team still has a can do attitude because they are close every game.
    You always have that feeling that you can win.
    I honestly expect us to put up a good showing against the Bears and start a bit of a turn around.
    This middle part of the schedule won't be nearly as bad as the earlier predictions.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I am happy that these games are close. That is a positive. It just seems like we never seem to win the close ones. I still think we can turn this around but adjustments need to be made and I fear we are bad at doing this.

"marstc09" wrote:
    I am happy that these games are close. That is a positive. It just seems like we never seem to win the close ones. I still think we can turn this around but adjustments need to be made and I fear we are bad at doing this.
    There close because our defense is keeping us in the game.

There isn't a whole lot that can be done about our O-Line because there is no personal depth or very little at most positions. I still think the blocking scheme is still to complicated. People have stated it works great when executed & working properly, but the bottom line is, it isn't working.

Something needs to change on the OL, but what will it take to get them on track? Firing Childress like many have wished, won't change the OL play. Is it the OL coordinators fault? The scheme like I believe or is it personnel? Your guess is as good as mine.

I have a hard time believing that Hutchinson who dominated the line in Seattle & Birk who's been solid for so many years here, just turned into lesser playmakers from one year to the next. That's why I'm leaning to the side that the offensive blocking scheme is just to complicated & takes too long to master.

If a simpler, more effective scheme than what we have now can be implimented, I say go for it. Go for what works best around the personnel you have. Fit the scheme around the players you have were they can excel instead of forcing them to change from something that worked well for them.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

There isn't a whole lot that can be done about our O-Line because there is no personal depth or very little at most positions. I still think the blocking scheme is still to complicated. People have stated it works great when executed & working properly, but the bottom line is, it isn't working.

Something needs to change on the OL, but what will it take to get them on track? Firing Childress like many have wished, won't change the OL play. Is it the OL coordinators fault? The scheme like I believe or is it personnel? Your guess is as good as mine.

I have a hard time believing that Hutchinson who dominated the line in Seattle & Birk who's been solid for so many years here, just turned into lesser playmakers from one year to the next. That's why I'm leaning to the side that the offensive blocking scheme is just to complicated & takes too long to master.

If a simpler, more effective scheme than what we have now can be implimented, I say go for it. Go for what works best around the personnel you have. Fit the scheme around the players you have were they can excel instead of forcing them to change from something that worked well for them.
    Heresy!!!

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Heresy!!!
    Heresy?

Do you like the way the OL is playing right now? They've been playing & practicing together through 20 regular season games, 8 preseason games, 2 training camps & a lot of mini camps & OTA's & while there has been some progress, it seems like very little compared to the time they've invested into it.

What a dumb comment...I agree with that one guy he must be on something to say such a stupid thing

Im officially on the Marty Schottenhiemer bandwagon!

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    What a dumb comment...I agree with that one guy he must be on something to say such a stupid thing

Im officially on the Marty Schottenhiemer bandwagon!

Because he made a lame comment?
    ???

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast