I am totally having a blast with this site, and thought it deserved it's own thread...specially since I could not find the original one I saw it in...?

Have ya'all taken any runs through this yet? It is so cool giving it multiple spins and getting different scenarios, and working different angles and priorities.

Fanspeak's On the Clock NFL Mock Draft Simulator

Lately I've been working a BPA approach. In general, at the moment, I'm leaning toward all purpose, every down LB, Khalil Mack at 8. Really, My guess is the top 3 QBs go before us, and moving back might be our best option as there are several defensive difference makers with similar, mid-first grades who would all help us tremendously while also allowing us to fill another hole with an earlier pick with better potential. But, if we're stuck at 8 and Mack is off the board, these two scenarios might work out really, really well for the Vikes!

First, I got this; with the top 3 QBs gone, and Sammy ranked as the 3rd best player in the whole draft, I had to take a stab at it just to see where it might lead. Sure, WR isn't our biggest need, but pairing a polished and explosive player like Watkins with Jennings' experience and The Flash would go a long ways toward making whoever our QB is look real good by providing open options for them in Turner's downfield passing attack.
Fanspeak's On the Clock Mock Draft Simulator

WR SAMMY WATKINS
CLEMSON
CB MARCUS ROBERSON
FLORIDA
QB JIMMY GAROPPOLO
EASTERN ILLINOIS
DE TREVOR REILLY
UTAH

But the 2nd try turned out even better! WOW!! Doubt it goes down this way, but it sure would be nice!!!

Fanspeak's On the Clock Mock Draft Simulator
QB TEDDY BRIDGEWATER
LOUISVILLE
DT RA’SHEDE HAGEMAN
MINNESOTA
DE CHRIS SMITH
ARKANSAS
CB PIERRE DESIR
LINDENWOOD
WR DONTE MONCRIEF
MISSISSIPPI

IF Seattle is the new cool, and teams start seeing that there is better value at other positions than QB in the top of the draft, maybe, Teddy does slide to us!? He is built a bit thin, but is young and can probably put on a few more pounds of muscle. Of all the QBs coming out this year, he is the most polished and versatile, but best yet, also has the highest percent of succeeding with pressure in his face. Hageman at the top of the 2nd would be HUGE! His only negative comment is inconsistent effort, but my guess is that won't fly with Zimmer in charge. Smith is a bit short but a brick shit-house of a man with the strength to move OL back vs. run or pass. Desir fits the new, bigger D-backs model and would likely be an instant upgrade over Cook playing outside opposite Rhodes.

The last pick at the top of the 4th was tough, because there was value at DE, DT, RB, and WR, all either secondary needs, or spots we've already filled earlier in the draft. Another pass rusher (Michael Sam) or another big body in the middle of the DL (Ego Ferguson) could be good picks for sure, you can never have too much talent in your pass rush rotation. Carlos Hyde is a big, bruiser RB (6' 240 lbs!) who might be a luxury behind Peterson, but who may get more work than we expect at the moment, if we try to take a bit of the load off of AP in his coming, over 30 years. But this quote on Moncrief pushed him over the top: "Moncrief's thick frame, deceptive speed and smooth route-running make him a nightmare for cornerbacks. He does not possess the explosive moves of Southern Cal's Marqise Lee or Clemson's Sammy Watkins but might be a better player than either of them." AND, "Moncrief is also cognizant in the running game, showing awareness and toughness as a downfield blocker." Fit and Fit!!

Add a couple of key vets, QB (Cassel or McCown?) Nickel Back (Verner?) and an upgrade at LG (Wharton or Schwartz or Asamoah?) and this team might compete for the North sooner than we think!!? Or maybe my shades are extra purple this morning!?

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!