Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    zakvikes2k is offline Starter

Clock Management Problems...

Well after watching the Super Bowl, we watch the Eagles blow the chance of driving downfield(with a minute to play) for at least a try at a field goal to tie the game(I mean it's not like Akers can't hit from deep). This was very disappointing to many Eagles fans, I'm sure. BUT let's take a look at probably the worst team regarding clock management... our Vikings. I can't really say it's the team's fault, but more Tice's fault. At least 4 games should have been wins this past year if it wasn't for us giving the ball back to the other team, ahead, but allowing them about 2 minutes to slowly drive the ball downfield and kick a game winning field goal or scoring the game-ending touchdown (both games against the Pack, the Colts, and the Seahawks, and of course the game against the Cardinals last year) that kills all the Vikings fans watching or keeping up with the game. I'm personally sick of watching the other team kicking the game-winner. It happened too often, and we definitely don't need to see it twice against our archrivals. This has been going on for the past 3 years. You'd think that Tice and the coaching staff would have recognized that they can't trust our D to finish off a game. It just doesn't happen. Not to say it won't happen this upcoming year, but most coaches in the league at least play to not give the other team much time to work with. It's as if Tice doesn't mind losing. Even with our defense probably being upgraded, this has got to change. Clock management is one of the easiest things to manage, cause you can control it. Come on Tice, show us you can do the simple things...
    Things you would NEVER hear a Green Bay Packer fan say:
    1."No kids in the back of the pick-up, it s just not safe."
    2."I ll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex."
    3."Duct tape won t fix that."
    4."Checkmate."
    5."Nope, no more for me. I m driving tonight."

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Re: Clock Management Problems...

"zakvikes2k" wrote:
    Well after watching the Super Bowl, we watch the Eagles blow the chance of driving downfield(with a minute to play) for at least a try at a field goal to tie the game(I mean it's not like Akers can't hit from deep). This was very disappointing to many Eagles fans, I'm sure. BUT let's take a look at probably the worst team regarding clock management... our Vikings. I can't really say it's the team's fault, but more Tice's fault. At least 4 games should have been wins this past year if it wasn't for us giving the ball back to the other team, ahead, but allowing them about 2 minutes to slowly drive the ball downfield and kick a game winning field goal or scoring the game-ending touchdown (both games against the Pack, the Colts, and the Seahawks, and of course the game against the Cardinals last year) that kills all the Vikings fans watching or keeping up with the game. I'm personally sick of watching the other team kicking the game-winner. It happened too often, and we definitely don't need to see it twice against our archrivals. This has been going on for the past 3 years. You'd think that Tice and the coaching staff would have recognized that they can't trust our D to finish off a game. It just doesn't happen. Not to say it won't happen this upcoming year, but most coaches in the league at least play to not give the other team much time to work with. It's as if Tice doesn't mind losing. Even with our defense probably being upgraded, this has got to change. Clock management is one of the easiest things to manage, cause you can control it. Come on Tice, show us you can do the simple things...
    It was amazing to watch Reid, who's been the NFC Dalai Lama for the past few seasons, staring blankly like a deer in headlights (a la Tice and Sherman) as millions of people are screaming at the television set.

I guess the NFC North doesn't have a monopoly on head coaches with ADD in critical situations.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I thought their drive before their final drive is what killed the Eagles. Why were they huddling? That made no sense to me. They got the ball with 5:40 left on the clock and they didn't score until there was 1:55 or something like that. I know they gave themselves a chance with the onside kick, but had they conserved some time by no huddling they maybe could have kicked the ball deep and then held the pats o to a 3 and out and gotten the ball back with much better field position. Just my thoughts!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I found it hilarious that westbrook caught the ball on first down. That kept the clock running and basically gave the eagles no chance.

Maybe some of the NFC teams should learn from the Jets and hire a guy for clock management.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

I loved Freddie walking in cirlces nodding his head like he was a badass for 9 seconds before getting to the huddle with less than 3 minutes on the clock. :lol:

Mitchell all talk no show!! I think before the game he told Donovan not to throw the ball his way because he was afraid of Harrison!! lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

somebody needs to explain to me why the eagles didnt kick it deep instead of the onside. the defense held, they used their timeouts and got the ball back. but they were pinned back deep in their own end. even though you run the risk of a runback, the eagles coverage wasnt bad, and there was enough time on clock. i dont get the logic behind that. success of the onside is less than 50% i would guess and it just seems the probability factor is not there. anyone?

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

There was no time...

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Good point. I guess I don't care cuz I wanted them to lose, but they definitely were outcoached in that game!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Mitchell all talk no show!! I think before the game he told Donovan not to throw the ball his way because he was afraid of Harrison!! lol
    You catch what is not thrown to you. He did not the get the ball that much.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast