Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Clayton: Tice on Shaky Ground

Doesn't Billick have a good Offensive or Defencive mind? Bring him in for atleast a coordinator if we can!

If not Martz for O.C!

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

i think there would be better choices for head coach than those tow knuckleheads... i rather keep the kncucklehead we have than get one of them.

Del Rio Guest

They are anticipating a lot of head coaching jobs available this year.

Up to ten jobs are probably up for grabs. I would be surprised to see any HC take a cord job this year. Maybe Capers...but that's about it.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Doesn't Billick have a good Offensive or Defencive mind? Bring him in for atleast a coordinator if we can!

If not Martz for O.C!
    Billick has won a Super Bowl not too long ago; he is not going to stoop to coordiantor when there are teams who would love to have this guy as a Head Coach.

Yes, he has a Offensive mind. He was our OC when we set the league record for points in a season.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Thats what I was thinking.. But if he is about equal to Tice like someone said do you think teams will really want him? And maybe he will want to return to us?

I know it's a long shot but that would be awesome!

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Yes, he has a Offensive mind. He was our OC when we set the league record for points in a season.
    You wouldn't know it by looking at the current Ravens team! :shock:
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

"jimmymac" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    You wouldn't know it by looking at the current Ravens team! :shock:
    True. And its funny being the Offensive whiz he is, he won a SB with Defense.

And Dungy being the Defensive whiz he is, he may win it with Offense. I know Indy's D is pretty good this year, but the Offense carries that team.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

NFL Total Access (I think it was Jim Mora on Coachspeak) went through a list of potential head coach candidates last night. Including current coordinators (johnson, bates, heimdinger(sp?), linehan,...), college coaches (all with previous NFL experience.... Pete Carroll, Charlie Weiss, Kirk Ferentz, Chan Gailey, ...) and current/previous head coaches (billick, fisher, butch davis,..).

Once they whittled down the guys that are most likely not to leave (Carroll, Weiss, Johnson, Bates, Fisher,...), the list didn't look all that great to me. Either you take a chance on a guy who hasn't been head coach before (Ferentz they say is itching at the opportunity), you get a retread that hopefully has better luck in MN (butch davis...eeesh), or you throw some decent coin out for a proven DC/OC and hope he transitions well to a head coach. The latter is looking the most attractive to me... providing Tice doesn't take home the super bowl this year.

Since there is 4 games left in the season and the Vikings have won their last 5, I hope the press doesn't spend too much time on this and shake up their mojo. But (here it comes), I don't have much faith in Tice, I'm impressed with the way the team is currently playing and maybe that transitions him into a good job somewhere, but I don't know if I can take another year with him.

Weiss? He is inked with Notre Dame.

And why is the heck do people think Carroll will leave the security of college for the NFL? Why?

Just because they coach college does not mean that the NFL is a step-up. He is about to win his 3rd in a row and is a god at USC where he does not have to deal with inflated egos and whiney rich athletes.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

The original list was a list of all qualified (per this dude) candidates that owners would entertain as a head coach. He then went on to say, that Weiss is too early in his deal to consider anything and that Carroll was still pretty happy at USC, but he also thought that Caroll may come back to the NFL in a few years.

Once they threw out the guys who were most likely not going to leave, or contract bound, it became a much smaller less attractive list. That was the point I was trying to make..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast