Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Classy Team

Del Rio Guest

A Classy Team

Not to mention one of the most fundementally sound and talented offensive line :P

He is a top 3 QB in this league and he might very well be the #1 of the list. But I think if one cared and wanted to make an argument you could say that you could plug almost any NFL starter in that sytem with that line and those coaches and get those results.

I don't feel like making that argument, nor do I wholeheartedly agree with it, BUT if someone feels Brady is over rated and that is there justification I would have to say that would be a fairly strong argument.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

A Classy Team

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Not to mention one of the most fundementally sound and talented offensive line :P

He is a top 3 QB in this league and he might very well be the #1 of the list. But I think if one cared and wanted to make an argument you could say that you could plug almost any NFL starter in that sytem with that line and those coaches and get those results.

I don't feel like making that argument, nor do I wholeheartedly agree with it, BUT if someone feels Brady is over rated and that is there justification I would have to say that would be a fairly strong argument.
    I'm not going to get into an argument with you over this, but I would have to disagree. I don't think you could just plug anybody in because you have to take into account Brady's demeanor, nothing really bothers him (at least he doesn't/hasn't let it show). He is very calm and you never seem him flustered. I'm not saying there is no other QB that could go in there and do the things that he's done, but there aren't many IMO.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Del Rio Guest

A Classy Team

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

I'm not going to get into an argument with you over this, but I would have to disagree. I don't think you could just plug anybody in because you have to take into account Brady's demeanor, nothing really bothers him (at least he doesn't/hasn't let it show). He is very calm and you never seem him flustered. I'm not saying there is no other QB that could go in there and do the things that he's done, but there aren't many IMO.
    And I would have to agree with you. All I am saying is someone says Brady is overated (not me), and he gets pounded into the dirt. I was simply saying an argument could be made that this was the case.

You assume he was blessed with this demeanor. Perhaps he was given the time to develop that by watching Drew and having a great coach, awesome protection and an even better enviroment. And an argument could be made that if you take a guy like say Brooks and slap him in there with the same set up he would excel.

I agree with you though I just couldn't justify the reaction the previous posters comments created. It's not the POPULAR opinion, but I personally think that it is solid enough to entertain the idea without being considered ignorant.

A Classy Team

I think Brady is definitely top 3 in the league, but I would like to see him go to another team and have similar success. Im not talking about another 3 superbowls, but something that shows he IS as good as he is.

Kinda like Montana..he was great with the 49ers and then went to the Chiefs and was still great.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

A Classy Team

"givemossthetoss" wrote:
    I I still think Brady is overrated, .
    [size=7px][/size]

Perhaps you should watch him play. He makes great reads on
    his #3 and #4 recievers as well as anyone I've ever seen. He
    has a great arm, somewhat humble and TWO big bling bligs on
    his fingers. I think they win by 10.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

A Classy Team

Del rio your new avatar weirds me out!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

zakvikes2k is offline Starter

Eagles fans suck

I am definitely rooting for the Patriots too. It will be great to see the Eagles finally get to the Super Bowl and get the crap kicked out of them. With them losing hopefully next year the Vikings can make it to the Super Bowl and win it all. Rub it all over the Eagles and the rest of the NFC's faces. And regarding fans, Vikings fans by far are the best, they are all over the country, and probably the most loyal of fans. Eagles fans are whack! They don't deserve a Super Bowl. The Vikings do, and the way the fans of this team act, we deserve it as well.
    Things you would NEVER hear a Green Bay Packer fan say:
    1."No kids in the back of the pick-up, it s just not safe."
    2."I ll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex."
    3."Duct tape won t fix that."
    4."Checkmate."
    5."Nope, no more for me. I m driving tonight."

RagnarRatio is offline Waterboy

A Classy Team

I agree with wanting the Pats to beat Philly. Mainly because of the a'holes that are Eagles fans. And, I also want to see Freddie Mitchell's head being carried off the field by Rodney Harrison. That punk needs to get layed out for all the BS he has done this postseason. I thought it was very funny how he pulled his pants up and pointed to the sideline (Moss). If he made one play during the season I'm sure we would have seen him running all over the field celebrating.

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

A Classy Team

Harrison is going to crush Mitchell, and I will laugh when he does.

I think Brady is overated because of all the publicity he gets, if he didnt win those super bowls he would be nothing. Brady is an average QB. Manning and C-pep are better then him. C-pep will get his chance in the SB. If Brady makes the hall of fame, i will be pissed. Did any of you watch the Pats. Miami game? How many INT's did he throw?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

A Classy Team

"givemossthetoss" wrote:
    I think Brady is overated because of all the publicity he gets, if he didnt win those super bowls he would be nothing.
    He does not nearly get as much publicity as other QB's. It just seems like it the last 2 weeks because he is playing in his 3rd SB. If Joe Montana didn't win 4 SB's he would be nothing. Bradshaw, Aikman, etc.

"givemossthetoss" wrote:
    Brady is an average QB. Manning and C-pep are better then him.
    As far as QB ability, yes they are better. But, Brady knows how to elevate his game when it counts. Did Manning?

"givemossthetoss" wrote:
    If Brady makes the hall of fame, i will be pissed.
    He is about to win his 3rd Super Bowl. That is enough to get him a place in Canton.

"givemossthetoss" wrote:
    Did any of you watch the Pats. Miami game? How many INT's did he throw?
    What relevance does this have? He had a bad game. Ask yourself this: Did those INT's hurt his chance at playing in the Super Bowl again? Watch Sunday to find out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast