Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:Classic Vikings picture from LIFE magazine

Yeah, but its tough to stumble across a Vikings NFL Classic Replay. They had the 1994 Vikes/Bears game on for a while about a year ago, but I havne't seen one since.

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

Awesome picture...it's now my desktop background. :cheer:

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

NodakPaul wrote:
    Fran was the only one I got. Wow.
    Props to you my friend, I didn't even get that one.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Yeah, but its tough to stumble across a Vikings NFL Classic Replay. They had the 1994 Vikes/Bears game on for a while about a year ago, but I havne't seen one since.
    I have my reciever scanning for words like Vikings. Actually alerts me to when something comes on.

Of course, sometimes it gives you stuff like this.....

The Vikings (1958)
    Which I watched by the way.

Back to NFLN, the most recent one they were showing (a couple of weeks ago/maybe longer) was the 1998 NFCC game.

ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Also, Mason was #20 if I'm not mistaken.
    You weren't born yet so I doubt you would recall.

Kind of embarrassing that you have a better recollection than my memory from 1961.lol!

So like you I looked it up. Yes, the jersey was number 20.
    And though Tommy played in 1961, he didn't start until 1962, which explains why he wasn't in the picture.

Should have looked closer.

That was one of the few things I did know about then, was that Mason was our first overall pick in our first NFL draft, and I had thought he was 20. Seeing no 20 in the picture didn't surprise me, as he woudl have been a rookie then. I also knew about McEhlleny, who is in the HOF, and Tripplett, so that made sense.

not going to lie, I looked up some of the others. Alot of those 1961 guys weren't very well known at all.
    Good job. I never doubted you. You do know your stuff.
    Faulty memory aside, Mason was good, but McElhenny was a beast for his time.
    I wish there were more classic games available to watch.

You can find the superbowls on youtube, but those aren't as fun to watch due to the outcome
    That's one of the worst things about being a Vikings fan.
    Lot of great history but hard to look backwards.

I feel for Jim Marshall. Great player, but as time goes on,many people will only remember him for is his wrong way run.
    I love what NFLN does with shows like "The Lost Rings" and the re-airs of some of the other games that were considered "Classics".
    I like some of what NFLN does to preserve the game. But I have to question why I have seen Jim Marshall run the wrong way at least 10 times every year.

Playbook is a good show despite the fact that Baldinger is a Rogers sniffer.

But the NFL chose to no longer seek sponsership of the 'NFL Today' show on ESPN because of it's competition.

'NFL Today' with Sal Paolantonio, Ron Jaworski, and Merril Hoge was one of the best on TV, but was a casualty of the NFLN.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

jargomcfargo wrote:
    I like some of what NFLN does to preserve the game. But I have to question why I have seen Jim Marshall run the wrong way at least 10 times every year.

But the NFL chose to no longer seek sponsership of the 'NFL Today' show on ESPN because of it's competition.

'NFL Today' with Sal Paolantonio, Ron Jaworski, and Merril Hoge was one of the best on TV, but was a casualty of the NFLN.
    That's "NFL Matchup", doc - most recently known as "Edge NFL Matchup". And, yes, it sucks that the NFL Films won't be producing it any more. That show has rocked for years, mostly because they use the coach's film with the high end-zone angles.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Zeus wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:

That's "NFL Matchup", doc - most recently known as "Edge NFL Matchup". And, yes, it sucks that the NFL Films won't be producing it any more. That show has rocked for years, mostly because they use the coach's film with the high end-zone angles.

=Z=
    Thanx Z, I realized it after I posted it but it was too late to edit.
    That show was the standard for it's time.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

jargomcfargo wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:

Thanx Z, I realized it after I posted it but it was too late to edit.
    That show was the standard for it's time.
    No worries, Doc. It's been a staple of my NFL Sunday diet for years. And with no NFLN on my cable, one of the very few places I could get in-depth analysis.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123