Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re:Classic Vikings picture from LIFE magazine

    Yeah, but its tough to stumble across a Vikings NFL Classic Replay. They had the 1994 Vikes/Bears game on for a while about a year ago, but I havne't seen one since.

  2. #22
    ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    321

    Re:Classic Vikings picture from LIFE magazine

    Awesome picture...it's now my desktop background. :cheer:

  3. #23
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re:Classic Vikings picture from LIFE magazine

    NodakPaul wrote:
    Fran was the only one I got. Wow.
    Props to you my friend, I didn't even get that one.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #24
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re:Classic Vikings picture from LIFE magazine

    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Yeah, but its tough to stumble across a Vikings NFL Classic Replay. They had the 1994 Vikes/Bears game on for a while about a year ago, but I havne't seen one since.
    I have my reciever scanning for words like Vikings. Actually alerts me to when something comes on.

    Of course, sometimes it gives you stuff like this.....

    The Vikings (1958)
    Which I watched by the way.

    Back to NFLN, the most recent one they were showing (a couple of weeks ago/maybe longer) was the 1998 NFCC game.

    ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #25
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re:Classic Vikings picture from LIFE magazine

    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Also, Mason was #20 if I'm not mistaken.
    You weren't born yet so I doubt you would recall.

    Kind of embarrassing that you have a better recollection than my memory from 1961.lol!

    So like you I looked it up. Yes, the jersey was number 20.
    And though Tommy played in 1961, he didn't start until 1962, which explains why he wasn't in the picture.

    Should have looked closer.


    That was one of the few things I did know about then, was that Mason was our first overall pick in our first NFL draft, and I had thought he was 20. Seeing no 20 in the picture didn't surprise me, as he woudl have been a rookie then. I also knew about McEhlleny, who is in the HOF, and Tripplett, so that made sense.

    not going to lie, I looked up some of the others. Alot of those 1961 guys weren't very well known at all.
    Good job. I never doubted you. You do know your stuff.
    Faulty memory aside, Mason was good, but McElhenny was a beast for his time.
    I wish there were more classic games available to watch.

    You can find the superbowls on youtube, but those aren't as fun to watch due to the outcome
    That's one of the worst things about being a Vikings fan.
    Lot of great history but hard to look backwards.

    I feel for Jim Marshall. Great player, but as time goes on,many people will only remember him for is his wrong way run.
    I love what NFLN does with shows like "The Lost Rings" and the re-airs of some of the other games that were considered "Classics".
    I like some of what NFLN does to preserve the game. But I have to question why I have seen Jim Marshall run the wrong way at least 10 times every year.

    Playbook is a good show despite the fact that Baldinger is a Rogers sniffer.

    But the NFL chose to no longer seek sponsership of the 'NFL Today' show on ESPN because of it's competition.

    'NFL Today' with Sal Paolantonio, Ron Jaworski, and Merril Hoge was one of the best on TV, but was a casualty of the NFLN.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  6. #26
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re:Classic Vikings picture from LIFE magazine

    jargomcfargo wrote:
    I like some of what NFLN does to preserve the game. But I have to question why I have seen Jim Marshall run the wrong way at least 10 times every year.

    Playbook is a good show despite the fact that Baldinger is a Rogers sniffer.

    But the NFL chose to no longer seek sponsership of the 'NFL Today' show on ESPN because of it's competition.

    'NFL Today' with Sal Paolantonio, Ron Jaworski, and Merril Hoge was one of the best on TV, but was a casualty of the NFLN.
    That's "NFL Matchup", doc - most recently known as "Edge NFL Matchup". And, yes, it sucks that the NFL Films won't be producing it any more. That show has rocked for years, mostly because they use the coach's film with the high end-zone angles.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #27
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re:Classic Vikings picture from LIFE magazine

    Zeus wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    I like some of what NFLN does to preserve the game. But I have to question why I have seen Jim Marshall run the wrong way at least 10 times every year.

    Playbook is a good show despite the fact that Baldinger is a Rogers sniffer.

    But the NFL chose to no longer seek sponsership of the 'NFL Today' show on ESPN because of it's competition.

    'NFL Today' with Sal Paolantonio, Ron Jaworski, and Merril Hoge was one of the best on TV, but was a casualty of the NFLN.
    That's "NFL Matchup", doc - most recently known as "Edge NFL Matchup". And, yes, it sucks that the NFL Films won't be producing it any more. That show has rocked for years, mostly because they use the coach's film with the high end-zone angles.

    =Z=
    Thanx Z, I realized it after I posted it but it was too late to edit.
    That show was the standard for it's time.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  8. #28
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re:Classic Vikings picture from LIFE magazine

    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    I like some of what NFLN does to preserve the game. But I have to question why I have seen Jim Marshall run the wrong way at least 10 times every year.

    Playbook is a good show despite the fact that Baldinger is a Rogers sniffer.

    But the NFL chose to no longer seek sponsership of the 'NFL Today' show on ESPN because of it's competition.

    'NFL Today' with Sal Paolantonio, Ron Jaworski, and Merril Hoge was one of the best on TV, but was a casualty of the NFLN.
    That's "NFL Matchup", doc - most recently known as "Edge NFL Matchup". And, yes, it sucks that the NFL Films won't be producing it any more. That show has rocked for years, mostly because they use the coach's film with the high end-zone angles.
    Thanx Z, I realized it after I posted it but it was too late to edit.
    That show was the standard for it's time.
    No worries, Doc. It's been a staple of my NFL Sunday diet for years. And with no NFLN on my cable, one of the very few places I could get in-depth analysis.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Preview magazine likes Vikings
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 02:48 PM
  2. Classic Vikings games on DVD
    By i_bleed_purple in forum Tix & Such
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 03:42 PM
  3. Vikings: The big picture
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-13-2006, 08:13 AM
  4. Sports Magazine has Vikings with a 12-4 Division Champs Pre
    By NordicNed in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-23-2005, 10:48 PM
  5. ESPN Classic Vikings
    By MiamiViking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-22-2003, 02:00 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •