Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Clarifying my position...a chiller rant

I don't "hate" the draft. I don't really know how well any of the players selected will do in our system - no one does. For all I know, we have 5 future HOF'ers on the roster because of this draft...

But I know that I'm pissed that we didn't take a shot at getting a QB. A REAL shot - not some late round project guy. I'm tired of the never ending rotation of washed up QB's parading through the backfield while we listen to Chiller tell us - yet again - that Jackson is really ready this time...only to find that he most assuredly is not.

Someone said that I would bitch no matter what the Vikings did. I don't think so. My criticisms of Childress have been very consistent. They run in the same vein each and every time. I am tired of his inept handling of the QB situation (I think there were 2 solutions available in 07 - as discussed previously). And, due to that ineptness, I was tired of the anemic performance of the Offense. And I’m not thrilled with his absolutist style of coaching…I think his ego backs him into corners.

And a lot of people were with me on that...until Favre showed up and showed everyone how it SHOULD be done. Favre tore it up!! Now, for some reason, everyone thinks that last season is the "default setting" on our offense. And it is...so long as FAVRE is running it. With Jackson at the helm....not so much. But people seem to have short memories.

Favre's time is coming to a close here, and we have no one on the roster capable of replacing him. Not now, not next year. So, I look forward to seeing which over-the-hill Free Agent QB that Chiller plans to bring in next year - after Favre retires for real. I will really enjoy the endless "Jackson is just as good as (Insert washed up QB here)" threads that will dominate the boards - much like when Frerotte was starting. Who will it be next season? I hear Jeff George is available…except he can probably still make the throws, so he’d blow Jackson away…better get someone crappier.

And that is why I can’t stand Chiller. He stubborn in the extreme, refusing to acknowledge what everyone else already knows – Jackson isn’t cutting it, and you need a QB. Favre has shown that when he has a QB, Chiller can win. Correction, when he has a QB who can run the offense better than Chiller can… But without that top tier talent at that position, we’re right back where we’ve always been – a strong team, but not a contender.

So that’s where I stand on that. Some uninformed people might try and claim that this is a no win situation for Chiller. That no matter what he does, I have the opportunity to hammer him. That’s not really the case. I just want Chiller to TRY and fill the QB void. I am willing to accept a failure here and there, so long as he actually makes a legitimate effort in doing so. Jackson was a mistake – he was a huge reach. And Chiller protected that reach by bringing in every sub-par QB available to make Jackson look better. That is NOT a legitimate effort. That’s an ego trip, trying to make something work that obviously doesn’t.

Consider where Chiller came from – The University of Wisconsin. Look at how many great QB’s have come from the UW. Maybe that’s the problem? Wisconsin wins on the strength of its O-line and RB’s, and a stout Defense. The QB’s and WRs are almost an afterthought. Maybe that’s why Chiller doesn’t seem to get that we NEED to take a shot at getting a legit QB?

Or maybe he’s just an idiot.

Caine

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Re:Clarifying my position...a chiller rant

I agree 1000%

They first thing he did when he got here 5 years ago was do everything he could to trade Daunte Culpepper. What has that done for him or the team? I know Daunte's knee was completely blown and would never be the same again, but he accomplished more than any QB Chilly has ever brought in combined. Before you come in and say "Brett Favre was a great QB for us!"...a 40 year old QB is not a solution. It is a band-aid or temporary fix. I would love for Favre to come back, but its going to be for one year max. I don't understand how a coach can be so ignorant to completely ignore the void at the most important position on a football team FOR FIVE YEARS! I fear that we will always be a QB away from that coveted Lombardi trophy due to Chilly's stubborn ways and ignorance.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

A Chiller rant from Caine...no way!

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

+2 wins every year and a deeper playoff run each year...I'm on par with the Chiller regardless of who he may or may not pick in the draft.

It also helps that I hate Clausen's guts.

But until we start losing more, I'll take Chiller for what he has done overall for this team as far as the bottom line win/loss record goes and let the personnel and play calling decisions slide...for now. After all, he has a much better inside scoop on what the players are actually capable of as opposed to all of us who are on the outside of the organization.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I think we need a bigger budget for our QB scout, apparently he can only travel in and around Alabama. He apparently isn't allowed on major college campuses. If our scout can get on the Tide's campus, mayber we draft McElroy next season.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

I will say one thing, I think this draft would have gone completely different if Chilly didn't have a contract extension in his pocket.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

MulletMullitia wrote:
    I agree 1000%

They first thing he did when he got here 5 years ago was do everything he could to trade Daunte Culpepper. What has that done for him or the team? I know Daunte's knee was completely blown and would never be the same again, but he accomplished more than any QB Chilly has ever brought in combined. Before you come in and say "Brett Favre was a great QB for us!"...a 40 year old QB is not a solution. It is a band-aid or temporary fix. I would love for Favre to come back, but its going to be for one year max. I don't understand how a coach can be so ignorant to completely ignore the void at the most important position on a football team FOR FIVE YEARS! I fear that we will always be a QB away from that coveted Lombardi trophy due to Chilly's stubborn ways and ignorance.
    Look at the pigs fly, they are pretty purple-polka-dotted ones.

Gripe away, but dont' even try to blame the psychotic exit of Culpepper on anyone but that low-life scum bag AP emailing spineless self rehabilitating pansy-assed pussy.

Yes, the QB quarterback was in shambles pre-Favre and it appears that it will be again post-Favre. Yes, the coaching staff is well aware of the situation being a bandaid for that position. You are not enlightening anyone. A revelation in your eyes is a readily apparent fact in the minds of others.

Caine, was lmao at your post. You laid it all out there and it's tough to argue that the QB situation isn't questionable. I would say the other 52 roster spots are on target, ah, wait, I'll say 53 roster spots since Favre will be bandaiding again this year. I'll wait and see what happens in the QB slot next year before I start singing the 'lolipop kids' song.

Of course, you guys can continue to rant on Childress and omit all the good signings and building of a championship caliber team that is the best that has been on the field since the purple people eater days. Yeah, ignore that. It makes your arguments make more sense.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Prophet wrote:
    MulletMullitia wrote:
    I agree 1000%

Look at the pigs fly, they are pretty purple-polka-dotted ones.

Gripe away, but dont' even try to blame the psychotic exit of Culpepper on anyone but that low-life scum bag AP emailing spineless self rehabilitating pansy-assed pussy.

Yes, the QB quarterback was in shambles pre-Favre and it appears that it will be again post-Favre. Yes, the coaching staff is well aware of the situation being a bandaid for that position. You are not enlightening anyone. A revelation in your eyes is a readily apparent fact in the minds of others.

Caine, was lmao at your post. You laid it all out there and it's tough to argue that the QB situation isn't questionable. I would say the other 52 roster spots are on target, ah, wait, I'll say 53 roster spots since Favre will be bandaiding again this year. I'll wait and see what happens in the QB slot next year before I start singing the 'lolipop kids' song.

Of course, you guys can continue to rant on Childress and omit all the good signings and building of a championship caliber team that is the best that has been on the field since the purple people eater days. Yeah, ignore that. It makes your arguments make more sense.
    +1

Not to mention the offseason is not even over. Who's to say the Vikings don't make a trade if they find out Favre isn't coming back? We don't know what the FO is planning to do, but I'm sure they are not just ignoring the QB position.

I have faith that the people in charge are going to make decisions that they think are best for creating a championship caliber team, and everything they've done so far confirms that.

Am I anxious to find out what happens at QB in 2011? Absolutely, but at the same time I don't feel we would have been any better going into this coming season with any of the rookie QBs from this draft on our roster. My guess is Ricky and Co. have their eye on a QB coming out next year or maybe even have plans for FA.

If we knew everything that was going to happen, it would make the offseason really boring. Enjoy the ride!
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

As long as T-Jack is on the roster, the Vikings are set for success. Kick up your feet and relax, the team is on cruise control for being division champs the next 8 years.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

I'm sure the entire Vikings staff wanted a QB but Chilly walked into the room and said,

HEY GUYZ I GOT THIS, NO QBS IN THIS DRAFT YO

And then it was decided, on Chilly's word, that no QBs would be taken.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast