Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vikesfan is offline Starter

Claiborne guarantees win

Don't know if any of you heard this, but Chris Claiborne was on Kfan's uncensored tonight, and he said that he guarantees a win this week vs. Detroit, and said that it should be by at least 10 points.

Usually I don't care a lot for people saying things like this, but I loved this statement from him because it really says a lot about the character of this years team, which I think is much better than that of last years. During the skid last year, you just got the feeling that the Vikes were starting to get down on themselves and doubt their ability. This year it seems like they truly expect to win every game and have the confidence as a team that they will pull out of this starting this week vs. the lions.

Claiborne guarantees win

very nice to hear indeed. Lets hope they come throught...they need it bad

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Claiborne guarantees win

I wish he would just be in position to stuff the run at least half the time instead of adding fodder to the Lions locker room.
    These games are usually always close.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

silvermane is offline Rookie

Claiborne guarantees win

well i guess if anybody in the vikes locker room wants to beat the lions it would be claiborne.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Claiborne guarantees win

"silvermane" wrote:
    well i guess if anybody in the vikes locker room wants to beat the lions it would be claiborne.
    True that!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Claiborne guarantees win

Let me ask you a question Sivlermane, what did you think of Claborne when he was with you guys, he came over to us, he was a beast for 6 weeks then disappered. I have talked to a couple lions fans that said he was a beast, i sure hope he can get back to that, after all he is still very young at 26. If he gets healthy i think he can get in a goove.

Claiborne guarantees win

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Let me ask you a question Sivlermane, what did you think of Claborne when he was with you guys, he came over to us, he was a beast for 6 weeks then disappered. I have talked to a couple lions fans that said he was a beast, i sure hope he can get back to that, after all he is still very young at 26. If he gets healthy i think he can get in a goove.
    chris claiborne was one of my favorite players when he was with the lions. the guy really was a beast, and a tackling machine. the thing about him is he is so good both in run support and against the pass. i was so pissed at millen for letting him go although claiborne said he wanted to go and i can't really blame him. but i was really mad when i found out he went to the vikings. his only problem was his weight but he was working on that his last year with us.

i haven't really seen your linebackers play but if i were your dc i would consider moving claiborne to the middle once he is healthy. i was glad when the lions moved him to the middle in 02. he had been playing weak side and doing a great job but he played middle in college and feels more comfortable there. he is smart enough to play there and is one of the better linebackers at defending the pass.

Claiborne guarantees win

"silvermane" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:
    chris claiborne was one of my favorite players when he was with the lions. the guy really was a beast, and a tackling machine. great pursuit, stops the run, gets good pressure on the qb. i was so pissed at millen for letting him go although claiborne said he wanted to go and i can't really blame him. but i was really mad when i found out he went to the vikings. his only problem was his weight but he was working on that his last year with us.

i haven't really seen your linebackers play but if i were your dc i would consider moving claiborne to the middle once he is healthy. i was glad when the lions moved him to the middle in 02. he had been playing weak side and doing a great job but he played middle in college and feels more comfortable there. he is smart enough to play there and is one of the better linebackers at defending the pass.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Claiborne wanted to leave Detriot because his father was murdered?
    0fc1de3e4ff7ffe42e40bba70cebd90c

Claiborne guarantees win

yeah that was part of it i think. his dad emmitt was shot in detroit back in 2000. he and his dad were real close, he lived with him in Detroit and helped him out a lot his rookie season. terrible loss for the kid.

despite that claiborne became a team leader. i have a ton of respect for the guy no matter what team he plays for. there was someone on here a while back, i think his name was texpack. he said claiborne was a cancer to the team. it takes a lot to set me off but that did it!

Claiborne guarantees win

"silvermane" wrote:
    yeah that was part of it i think. his dad emmitt was shot in detroit back in 2000. he and his dad were real close, he lived with him in Detroit and helped him out a lot his rookie season. terrible loss for the kid.

despite that claiborne became a team leader. i have a ton of respect for the guy no matter what team he plays for. there was someone on here a while back, i think his name was texpack. he said claiborne was a cancer to the team. it takes a lot to set me off but that did it!
    I like Claiborne but I hope he loses some weight and play like when he played great for 6 games. :cheers:
    0fc1de3e4ff7ffe42e40bba70cebd90c

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast