Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Circumstances piled on at wide receiver, Wilf says

Not really sure I really WANT any of them right now.
    Although ANY of them are a significant upgrade from our current crop of receivers, all of them bring issues with them I'd rather not have us distracted by.

T-Hoe:
    First off, if we picked him up, we'd all have to stop hating him...and, quite frankly, he's so easy to hate that I would find that a rather formidable task.
    Add to that the fact that he blames everyone BUT T-Hoe for T-Hoe's mistakes and I would venture a guess that by week 6 we would be hearing that Tarvaris Jackson was queer.

Nope, not a guy I want.

Randy Moss:
    What can I say.
    Two years ago I was floored by the fact that we'd traded him - and I'm still of the opinion that Red *pokes porcupine poopers* McCombs needs to be drawn and quartered for that - but what has he accomplished in the ensuing two seasons?
    Nada.
    He's almost completely dropped off the face of the planet.
    Add in the media circus that would surround his return to Minnesota...I think we can do without that headache.

Jerry Porter:
    His 19 ypc average is impressive, until you realize that he caught only ONE pass all season.
    Yes, I believe that a large part of that was his winding up in Art Shell's dog house, but still...
    Even looking back, he's never had a 1000 yard season, and cought 9 TD's in his most prolific season.
    While again better than anyone we have, he's not worth mortgaging the farm for.

Joe Horn:
    After 11 seasons in the NFL, this guy is on the down side of his career.
    Sorry, time stops for no one.
    Can he be effective?
    Sure.
    Will he be...week after week?
    Doubtful.
    Injury has kept him out of games for the past two seasons, and we don't need another "capable but injured" receiver.

So, where does that leave us?
    The draft.
    Free Agency is going to be light on premier receivers, and we're not likely to get one in trade - not at a fair price anyway because everyone knows wee NEED one - so we can only wait on the draft.

And hope like hades that Troy Williamson remembers how to catch in the off season.

Caine

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Caine, I really wish I had a chance to see TW in college.
    Then I would have some hope or maybe I would just be seeing a lot of what we have seen this season?

I (we) don't know if he ever knew how to catch.
    I don't remember anything from his rookie season except a few basket catches.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Caine, I really wish I had a chance to see TW in college.
    Then I would have some hope or maybe I would just be seeing a lot of what we have seen this season?

I (we) don't know if he ever knew how to catch.
    I don't remember anything from his rookie season except a few basket catches.
    The problem is that it were allready an issue when we drafted him.

He were from a run heavy South Carolina team, and were not thrown to that much. And our staff said; you can learn someone to catch and run routes, but that is a god given speed.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Moss is boss.
    Hate to say it, but he fills the seats regardless of his performance on or off the field.
    Even if the guy is becoming more injury prone/ineffective (as some people would argue) he means money to the franchise.
    Would be a huge PR boost to have him back . . . not to mention he'll have a quarterback who can throw to him . . . I'm sure he'd like that.
    And sorry, he's no T.O.
    "He'd be a cancer to the team!"
    Blah, blah, blah.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

aceclown is offline Coach

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Joe Horn is gonna be available at a fair price in a trade...and would be a great fit here with his experience...and TJack's arm.
    Cajun, whats your obsession with Joe Horn?
    He's on the decline, over the hill.
    He's a guy you pick up for a one year run, I dont think he's our guy.

Chuch.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"LAVike" wrote:
    Moss is boss.
    Hate to say it, but he fills the seats regardless of his performance on or off the field.
    Even if the guy is becoming more injury prone/ineffective (as some people would argue) he means money to the franchise.
    Would be a huge PR boost to have him back . . . not to mention he'll have a quarterback who can throw to him . . . I'm sure he'd like that.
    And sorry, he's no T.O.
    Blah, blah, blah.
    Filled stadiums & good PR doesn't win football games.

Besides even if we were here, he wouldn't be getting the long ball as often as he wanted.

This is Childress WCO team & the long ball,while we would still use it occasionally, wouldn't be a majority of the offense.

Would Childress change his scheme to fit Moss? Nope. As Childress himself has said, that's non-negotiable.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"LAVike" wrote:
    Moss is boss.
    And sorry, he's no T.O.
    Blah, blah, blah.
    It would NOT be a big PR boost. There are a lot of people around that can't even stand Moss. A lot of fans would be angry with the franchise if they brought another "me" player in, especially a lot of the older fans.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12