singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Chuck Foreman at Walmart in Winona, MN - today (Sat.) 9AM 11/04/06

So I walk into Walmart after work tonight to pick up some RV antifreeze. I was walking down the main aisle when a big man was coming at me the other way carrying a duffle bag. I swore it was Chuck Foreman & I was pretty positive it was.

I didn't want to stop & ask him, just in case I was mistaken, so I just passed on by. A little while later I bumped into my daughter VikingQueen & she asked, "Did you see Chuck Foreman?" Then I knew without a doubt it was indeed the former #44 Vikings superstar running back.

As I was headed to the checkout, I noticed they were setting up a table in the front of the store & then they announced that Chuck would be signing autographs for a charity fundraiser until 8:00 tonight. Children's Miracle Network, I believe.

(Edit: Chuck will be back tomorrow morning at 9AM)

So if you're in the Winona, MN neighborhood, stop in, say hi to Chuck & get an autograph.

I just went back home to drop a note on PP.O, pick up my camera & something for Chuck to sign & am headed back to Walmart.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Chuck Foreman at Walmart in Winona, MN tonight 6-8PM 11/03/06

"singersp" wrote:
    So I walk into Walmart after work tonight to pick up some RV antifreeze. I was walking down the main aisle when a big man was coming at me the other way carrying a duffle bag. I swore it was Chuck Foreman & I was pretty positive it was.

I didn't want to stop & ask him, just in case I was mistaken, so I just passed on by. A little while later I bumped into my daughter VikingQueen & she asked, "Did you see Chuck Foreman?" Then I knew without a doubt it was indeed the former #44 Vikings superstar running back.

As I was headed to the checkout, I noticed they were setting up a table in the front of the store & then they announced that Chuck would be signing autographs for a charity fundraiser until 8:00 tonight. Children's Miracle Network, I believe.

So if you're in the Winona, MN neighborhood, stop in, say hi to Chuck & get an autograph.

I just went back home to drop a note on PP.O, pick up my camera & something for Chuck to sign & am headed back to Walmart.
    Boycott Wal Mart
    ;D

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Chuck Foreman at Walmart in Winona, MN tonight 6-8PM 11/03/06

That would be fun, But I am still holding out for Tommy Kramer to show up at Mettlers in Mankato. When that happens i will be there early and maybe even send a lap dance his way ;D

Re: Chuck Foreman at Walmart in Winona, MN - tomorrow (Sat.) 9AM 11/04/06

When I got back to Walmart, Chuck was already gone, but his table was still set up.

I asked the manager at the customer service desk & he said Chuck will be there again at 9AM tomorrow morning (Saturday). I believe the first announcement I heard was either incorrect or he left early for one reason or another.

But I will be back there tomorrow morning for sure.

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Chuck Foreman at Walmart in Winona, MN - tomorrow (Sat.) 9AM 11/04/06

aww damn Chuck Formen that dont make running backs like that guy anymore. I want to find a Throwback jersey of his for my Mom for christmas or her birthday. she used to have 1 and she would wear it every monday when she went to school.

something like that is worth its weight in gold

MMLV
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Re: Chuck Foreman at Walmart in Winona, MN - today (Sat.) 9AM 11/04/06

(Note: I edited the thread title to make it present day)

Just got back from Walmart with a few pics & a few autographed items. Chuck is a top-notch guy & does alot of these charity events for worthwhile causes.

A true super-star on & off the field.

[img width=400 height=499]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/CF3.jpg[/img]

[img width=400 height=482]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/CF1.jpg[/img]

[img width=400 height=324]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/CF4.jpg[/img]

[img width=400 height=484]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/2CF.jpg[/img]

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Nice pics, I still have the SI with him on the cover somewhere.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Man when I walked into Wal Mrt yesterday the first thing I saw was him not a second thought went through my mind bumped my b/f and said HEY that's Chuck Foreman I just knew it my b/f was like who being a Packer fan I understand that he had no idea who a Great NFL player is lol. The funny thing is I was gonna call my dad and say haha guess who I just seen then low and behold there he was right behind me. I was lucky enough to catch Chuck last time he as in Winona. He was such a nice guy and admire him for all the charity work he does!!!

No matter how bad my life gets at least I m not a Packer fan.