Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Game

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

Christmas Game

Below is a letter I have sent to the Baltimore Sun, the Ravens, and the Vikings. It explains all! If anyone knows anywhere else I can send it to do any good, let me know.
    On another good note is I met lots of members from Purplepride.org last night! I had a ball, until I left the stadium. Thanks guys!
    Linda

Letter sent:
    Hello,
    As a patron to the game Christmas Night, my opinion of the Ravens, their stadium, about half the fans (especially the teenagers), and the city of Baltimore is now lower than a snail. I never saw such bad behavior from the fans of a winning team in my life! Not only were about 75% of these teenagers drunk when they left the stadium, their heckling was vulgar, vicious, and physical! I, after 33 years of being a Viking fan in Steeler country, am very use to heckling, but this was the worse I ever saw from a WINNING team in my 56 years on this earth! Why start fights outside the stadium with fans of the visiting team that are older than yourself when your team won? I broke this up by urging the Viking fans to leave, telling them it was not worth it to fight with high school students. I was cussed at, hit, and robbed to boot!
    This last part is what hurt me the worse. You see, I am disabled, and live on Social Security. Because of this I have only seen my team play in person twice, needing to save the money several years in between to buy a ticket. My Christmas present this year was a Viking Helga hat I have been wanting for years. My son-in-law bought me one this year while on business in MN. The $26.50 that it cost may not seem like much to anyone else, except someone who lives on about $500 a month, so I couldn't afford to buy one. I owned it less than 12 hours before a teenage Ravens fan stole it off my head and run down the street waving it above his head and hooping like a banshee. After he crossed the road he started walking, still waving my hat, so I followed. When he saw I was following, he passed it to another teen wearing a Viking jersey, who also continued to wave the hat. I finally saw a Baltimore police officer directing traffic, and told him what happened. He caught the teen, who said he bought it on the Internet several months before. He asked me if I had my name in my Christmas present (less than 12 hours old) to prove it was mine, but didn't ask the teen this question who was suppose to own it several months. He told me I could file a report, but let the teen go, along with my hat, before I could tell him I wanted to do that.
    So, I hope that teen enjoys his trophy of an old, disabled woman's Christmas present. Let him know I cried all the way home to PA. I hope he's happy he destroyed my Christmas! He also has succeeded in destroying my opinion of Baltimore, and the Ravens, for allowing this behavior from their fans.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Christmas Game

There were some pretty vulgar things said to me too. It always seems like it is the people in their early 20s that are drunk that cause all of the problems. It's terrible that you can't go and enjoy a game anywhere. Overall, my experience wasn't THAT bad though. I'm glad you wrote a letter to them about the way you were treated!

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

That is just stupid. I wish I would have been there so I could have kicked some kids a$$es. And Vikingned to. I can't beleive that.

vikoles is offline Coordinator

i know Baltimore fans well having spent or grew up here for a lot of my younger life. It is always going to be bad just about everywhere especially with young idiots! They are usually not that bad exvept in grudge matches etc ... with the likes of Philly Wash, Boston and NY yankees etc... But it was a hioldiday no work school today I knew if might not be pretty so win or lose I wasn t gonna let my wife nor 14 yo boy have to go thru any potential of that so we ducjed out after the last Raven score! There were even old asses ther who got wasted and couldn t handle there liquuor beer I AM SO SAD and apologize fto you for your on the behalf of faithful B orioles team! It is pretty really pathetic YES you can t have a good spirited fight that is routing for your respective teams AND YES the PS people made all thiws very clear eraly in the constest and YES a huge fight erupted mi way thru the 3rd quarter on the Vikes side in the lower levels that IS WHY I only go and CAN go when they are near! I treasure the opportunity HOPEFULY one day some day to be able to get to the dome in the safe confines of my brthren! to enjoy a game without fear of a breakout So sorry mam!
    SKOL Vikes! If youwill PM me I will along with getting my wife one would like to get you another!
    "The pen is mightier than the sword"

SamDawg84 Guest

dumb ravens fans!

Gift is offline Coordinator

Sorry to hear that. :sad:
    some people are just jerks.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

You would be reading my obituary today if I had gone.

I would've at least wiped out a few of these punks before being overwhelmed.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

how can we find one of those hats for her? I am willing to pay for it and send it to her. pm me anyone if you know.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

Yeah good idea michealmazid!! We could start a helga hat fund! Have a few members pitch in only a dollar and we'd get that hat back for her in no time! Maybe webbie could help us set some kind of fund up like that for her??
    ;-)

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Reading that pissed me off, I'm sorry you had to experience that. It's bad enough having an opposing team's fan pulling that kind of crap, but someone in Viking apparel also humiliating a fan of the same team.. though it shouldn't happen at all period. People like that will get what's coming to them sooner or later.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast