Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Quarterback play remains uneven as Vikings begin minicamp

Christian Ponder reportedly spotty in Vikings practice

Gregg Rosenthal at NFL.com reports:

It's only June, and Ponder is playing with a new set of receivers. Things aren't going to be perfect. But the Vikings are counting on Ponder's stability in Bill Musgrave's offensive system to lead to major growth. They need major growth. That reportedly hasn't shown up yet in the offseason.

"You know what's not there? Crispness," Zulgad said. "There's not a sharpness. At times you would expect things to look second nature to Ponder. ... That's not what we're seeing so far, but like I said, it's minicamp."
    Christian Ponder reportedly spotty in Vikings practice - NFL.com

http://www.1500espn.com/videos/quart...begin_minicamp
    Last edited by Minniman; 06-20-2013 at 05:30 AM.

Christian Ponder among bright spots on minicamp's second day

Tom Pelissero and Judd Zulgad of 1500 ESPN Twin Cities discuss the second day of the Minnesota Vikings' mandatory minicamp, where Christian Ponder and Xavier Rhodes were among the standouts.
    http://www.1500espn.com/videos/chris...mps_second_day

The first day of min-camp, Ponder was "spotty", having happy feet and a listless ball.

The second day, Ponder played much better and was a "bright spot".

On the third day, we will see if Ponder has returned.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Christian Ponder reportedly spotty in Vikings practice

Day 4 Webb is pulled back to QB lol

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    It never fails to amaze me that yutz's like Zulgad and Pelissero not only don't have a clue about training camp and the thing called "working on things" but that the yutz fans believe their drivel that they spew forth.

Of course your QB can look bad in the morning (putting something new in) and then look better in the afternoon (went in and watched tape, received coaching) after some film review.

Almost as dumb as trying to say someone looks like crap driving a open wheel car on a track looked like crap the first 3 or 4 laps but started to look better on lap 5.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    It never fails to amaze me that yutz's like Zulgad and Pelissero not only don't have a clue about training camp and the thing called "working on things" but that the yutz fans believe their drivel that they spew forth.
    Thing is, if Zulgad and Pelissero were bragging up Ponder at minicamp (FYI traing camp hasn't started yet) you'd be one of the first yutzes sucking it all in & drooling like a teething baby & posting it all over FB and talking about it here on PP.O.

It's only drivel that they spew when you don't like what they're saying.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Thing is, if Zulgad and Pelissero were bragging up Ponder at minicamp (FYI traing camp hasn't started yet) you'd be one of the first yutzes sucking it all in & drooling like a teething baby & posting it all over FB and talking about it here on PP.O.

It's only drivel that they spew when you don't like what they're saying.
    Could be, however, to date, I don't think I've ever used their stuff as a positive. If I did its because they found an acorn.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Could be, however, to date, I don't think I've ever used their stuff as a positive. If I did its because they found an acorn.
    It may have not been only theirs, but there's been positive minicap articles about players you've been salivating over.

Again, if it's positive, you get jizzed over it, if it's negative about a player you like, It's drivel that they are spewing.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Christian Ponder leaves Vikings mini-camp with another vote of confidence | StarTribune.com

So just how has Ponder fared over the past month, through 10 days of Organized Team Activities and three mini-camp practices?

As we’ve said all along, making bold proclamations one way or the other about Ponder’s performance is senseless at this stage of the year. Yes, we’ve noted some of the woeful interceptions Ponder threw during OTAs while also recognizing his heightened understanding of the offense and steady confidence.
    At least they recognize their articles are meaningless. Still need to feed the masses.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Tom Pelissero is a moron. Not sure how he got his job, but no one should read anything that guy writes... he's an absolute fool.

Thankfully he's leaving for USA Today, but that alone should tell you how reliable his "reporting" is.

"That paper is so slanted, the words roll off the page." - Stephen Colbert
    Last edited by C Mac D; 07-03-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast