Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Good news........now if he would just stop throwing like a girl.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Nice. A little under half of your post was actually relevant to the post topic...

It was all relevant.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Good news........now if he would just stop throwing like a girl.
    Which girl in particular? Isn't there one playing for Florida(?) right now?

I'd be happy if he could throw like the girl in "Starship Troopers." Plus, she was a hot redhead.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post

It was all relevant.
    Lol
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Love the completion %, primarily the YAC. Bad thing is though is that we rank in the bottom 3rd of the league (23rd) when it comes to pass attempts/game & passing TD's. I think we need to pass more earlier, rather than wait until late in the 4th quarter to bring out our passing attack.

If only our offense could play an entire game like they do the last half of the 4th. There is something to said for long sustained drives sometimes, but we end up kicking FG's on the back end of them more times than we score TD's. 6FG's to 4TD's.

When our defense gives up TD's, we need to score more points than our opponents. 3 points is not a good answer after giving up 7. In other words, put that high pass completion % to better use.

I realize too, that Harvin is the work horse of that passing offense & no one has come close to the amount of touches he's had, so we need others to step up so that our play calling can take some of the pressure off of Harvin.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Ponder doesn't have the arm to zip a deep ball. he can get them there just fine (and fairly accurate too) but they will be slower, giving the defenders more time to react.
    Which, IMO is our Achilles heel. I think we need a QB that can not only throw the deep ball, but have some zip on it as well. Even if those longer passes aren't our typical pass & we throw them less often. Without it, we become much easier to defend. There are many times we need to throw deeper passes, especially in crunch time.

I have seen Ponder put zip on some long passes, but not sure why we don't see it on most of them. Mechanics?
    Last edited by singersp; 09-23-2012 at 11:41 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Steve you hit the nail on the head. We are running a ball control offense and a defense that give up both a lot of yards which limits our offense through field position, and point which really doesn't lend itself to controlling the ball.

I do believe that the offense would be workable with the addition of one or two good WR's. I really think we have spent the resources on the rest of the offense to make this type system work.

BUT, we need to spend the majority of our FA and draft on building up the defense. From the interior DL to the interior LB's to the secondary we need to get a whole bunch better and I am probably throwing a coaching upgrade in that too.

I hope with our first pick we take the top MLB in the draft We need to have an anchor and a leader to build the defense around, then we really need to hit on some DL talent and also more depth in the secondary.

Fail to do that and this offensive scheme is going to give us nothing but trouble.

BTW-

I remember when Childress was hired how one of the big talking points was that the KAO would be a welcome change over the deep game we had been running since the late 90's. I wonder how many people now would vote for keeping this KAO philosophy going over going back to the deep threat high powered offense we ran before Wilf bought the team.

I would take the 3Deep version any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I think the guy has the potential to be a fine qb.... I like him
    Tuco the world.....

This guy is the real deal. His play last week was good. His fellow vikings kept taking away any gains he made. Look at decision making process. He usually does the right thing with the ball. I think he'll be a star in this league.
    Tuco the world.....

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    This guy is the real deal. His play last week was good. His fellow vikings kept taking away any gains he made. Look at decision making process. He usually does the right thing with the ball. I think he'll be a star in this league.
    This.

OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast