Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Looks like your taking a page from Marrdro's book. Showing video evidence of something that doesn't support your claim, not exactly 4 wind up steps

It looks to me like Ponder was simply waiting for Wright's route to develop and it looks like the ball went 55 yards in the air and was right where it needed to be. Not bad.
    LOL, I never do that.....

Spot on assessment thought, other than that.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    What exactly about his last 4 games says he's getting better?

14 12/9/12 CHI 11-17 91 0td 1ints
    15 12/16/12 STL 17-24 131 0td 0ints
    16 12/23/12 HOU 16-30 174 1td 0ints
    17 12/30/12 GB 16-28 234 3td 0ints

So in 4 weeks he has had 4 tds and 1 int. All he has done in my eyes is cut down on ints because a pitch count was placed on him. It looks like they have eased back on the reigns a bit and that has kept him from turning the ball over but make no mistake.. he isn't scoring tds or has become a good passer. His average yards per game is what 150 yards passing? This article is nothing but some yutz sucking up to teams in the playoffs. They do it every year regardless of how talented the team/player is. Expect to see plenty of coverage about how amazing our defense is (unherald all season) and even some coverage on our young Cbs soon.
    So why aren't they sucking up to RGIII with his whopping 163 yards passing over his last 4 games?

Comeon my friend, young Ponder has put together a very nice stretch of games with a tough schedule and is 2nd.....not last....2nd to only Peyton Manning. Whats so wrong with that.

Just like your dislike of Everson (still haven't answered my repeated questions on him), you won't let Ponder go even though you might be just a bit off on your assessment.

Its OK my friend. Even I make a mistake every once in a while.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    So why aren't they sucking up to RGIII with his whopping 163 yards passing over his last 4 games?

Comeon my friend, young Ponder has put together a very nice stretch of games with a tough schedule and is 2nd.....not last....2nd to only Peyton Manning. Whats so wrong with that.

Just like your dislike of Everson (still haven't answered my repeated questions on him), you won't let Ponder go even though you might be just a bit off on your assessment.

Its OK my friend. Even I make a mistake every once in a while.
    Marr,
    I answered it but you missed it. I said I liked Griffen at DE but not at LB. I felt it was foolish to move him when what I saw was a fast guy that lacked the hips to play LB. Looks like I was right.
    Try to find me saying something bad about him as a Pass Rusher.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Hey Singer, how about that arm on the deep ball. Nice zip, right into Wrights hands. Almost like the kid actually had an arm instead of the wimpy thing you've been touting he had. Or wait, how about the zip on the ball to Jenkins on that TD. Fast and accurate. You see the window he fit that one in? It was almost like he had to make a play and did. WOW. Go figure.
    LOL! Ponder throws 1 deep pass with zip on it out of 120 pass attempts beyond 10+ yards & you come here to gloat about it? For weeks when Ponder wasn't doing good at all you rarely made your presence known.

When are you going to realize that picking out the 1 throw 10+ yards with zip on it this year and ignoring the roughly 119 floaters does not make your point?

The question about his arm wasn't so much always the distance, but if he happened to be accurate on the deeper throws, which many times he isn't, most times the pass "floats" & lacks zip. That's my knock on him & it's still my knock on him despite that 1 pass. You see it takes more than 1 of those types of passes to change my mind. When "zip" becomes the norm, rather than a rarity, he'll make me a believer.

That wasn't his first deep pass with zip on it. He had 1 either really early on in the regular season or in the preseason & I commented on it. I know he can do it, but again it was a rare exception & not the norm.

It was a beautiful pass none the less. Passes farther down the field beyond 10 yards is what I've been calling for for weeks that you've been adamant we shouldn't be throwing because we are a WCO & a short passing team. You must have really been hating on Musgrave (Musgrove as you call him) for calling multiple 20+ yard passes against YOUR better judgement.

The pass to Jenkins in the endzone was an ill-advised throw that fortunately went our way much like Kevon described.
    Last edited by singersp; 01-04-2013 at 06:11 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456