Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Reignman
    Ponder is 0-3 vs the Packers so far in his career. If the Packers somehow shutdown AD and Ponder steps up with a 250+ yard, 3 TD game, including a GW drive in such an important game, I would say he's on his way to redemption, but he's going to have to show he's capable of doing it more often than 2-3 times a season to make me believe he's more than serviceable or redeemed.
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    If he accomplishes that, he would have accomplished something he hasn't been able to do in any of his 25 starts thus far.

The only time he's won a game & thrown for over 250 yards with at least 1 passing TD was against the Titans who happen to be 5-10 right now & have the absolute worst defense in the league for points given up.

C. Ponder 16 28 57.1 234 3 0

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Keep up the good work Samantha!

I was one to criticize Ponder for the timing of his engagement/marriage, but maybe it helped him loosen up. I am just waiting for P.A to bust out with a "Ponder is Loose!" call.
    Last edited by PackSux!; 12-30-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Ponder is 0-3 vs the Packers so far in his career. If the Packers somehow shutdown AD and Ponder steps up with a 250+ yard, 3 TD game, including a GW drive in such an important game, I would say he's on his way to redemption, but he's going to have to show he's capable of doing it more often than 2-3 times a season to make me believe he's more than serviceable or redeemed.
    It's like I have a crystal ball, boy did I nail that one huh? Ok they didn't exactly shutdown AD, but Ponder had the game we needed him to have. Now he just needs to be more consistent and do it more often. His leash just got a little longer for next year.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Keep up the good work Samantha!

I was one to criticize Ponder for the timing of his engagement/marriage, but maybe it helped him loosen up. I am just waiting for P.A to bust out with a "Ponder is Loose!" call.
    Wanna bet he got a nice reward when he got home after the game?

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    But then, a funny thing happened. While Adrian Peterson continued going berzerk against opposing defenses and Minnesota's defense continued to step up their game, Christian Ponder got better. How much better? ESPN.com NFC North blogger Kevin Seifert puts it into perspective.
    But after a disastrous Week 13 performance against the Packers, Ponder quietly turned himself around and had the NFL's second-best QBR (86.8) over the final four games of the season, trailing only Peyton Manning. Over the second half of the season, Ponder's QBR on third down -- measuring not only passes but also his scrambles -- was the league's second best.
    Ponder Gets Better As Pressure Increases - Daily Norseman

Hmmmm, so Ponder steadily progresses over a 4 game stretch, remains calm in the face of disaster and winds up playing a key role in a shoutout win overthe nasty PUKERS and all the Ponder Haters leave the thread.

Its almost like it was in the beginning of the season, you know, when he was leading the league in accuracy and Percy was lighting in up with 100 yard games.

Hey Singer, how about that arm on the deep ball. Nice zip, right into Wrights hands. Almost like the kid actually had an arm instead of the wimpy thing you've been touting he had. Or wait, how about the zip on the ball to Jenkins on that TD. Fast and accurate. You see the window he fit that one in? It was almost like he had to make a play and did. WOW. Go figure.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    It's like I have a crystal ball, boy did I nail that one huh? Ok they didn't exactly shutdown AD, but Ponder had the game we needed him to have. Now he just needs to be more consistent and do it more often. His leash just got a little longer for next year.
    Good one my friend.

In the end, its just one game. He has many many more years (and games) to continue to improve his craft.

In case anyone noticed, Rodgers looked like the rookie out there at times this weekend and made more stupid mistakes that Ponder. Guess what, it happens.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Ponder Gets Better As Pressure Increases - Daily Norseman

Hmmmm, so Ponder steadily progresses over a 4 game stretch, remains calm in the face of disaster and winds up playing a key role in a shoutout win overthe nasty PUKERS and all the Ponder Haters leave the thread.

Its almost like it was in the beginning of the season, you know, when he was leading the league in accuracy and Percy was lighting in up with 100 yard games.

Hey Singer, how about that arm on the deep ball. Nice zip, right into Wrights hands. Almost like the kid actually had an arm instead of the wimpy thing you've been touting he had. Or wait, how about the zip on the ball to Jenkins on that TD. Fast and accurate. You see the window he fit that one in? It was almost like he had to make a play and did. WOW. Go figure.
    Marr,
    You are borderline ridiculous. We both know that 1 game does not make a career.
    The throw to Jenkins was a poor 1 and it was "fit in well between a window". It was a poor read and we are lucky that it wasn't intercepted, as it went thru the defenders arms. Saying it was fit in a tight window is like saying a dropped interception is was nicely thrown away.

Also, the deep ball was a good one. However, did you notice the wind up that was needed to get there? Of course you did but you will neglect that won't you. Its very rare that any Qb will have that time to wind up...

In case you missed it. What was that 4 gather steps to get it off?
    Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Jarius Wright 65-yard catch - NFL Videos

The kid had a good game. However, he didn't have a great game. Still too many stalled drives, still too low a completion percentage. It's a step into the right direction but let's not say its was an Amazing game. When a D student gets a B...it makes people take notice but it's still a B.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    What exactly about his last 4 games says he's getting better?

14 12/9/12 CHI 11-17 91 0td 1ints
    15 12/16/12 STL 17-24 131 0td 0ints
    16 12/23/12 HOU 16-30 174 1td 0ints
    17 12/30/12 GB 16-28 234 3td 0ints

So in 4 weeks he has had 4 tds and 1 int. All he has done in my eyes is cut down on ints because a pitch count was placed on him. It looks like they have eased back on the reigns a bit and that has kept him from turning the ball over but make no mistake.. he isn't scoring tds or has become a good passer. His average yards per game is what 150 yards passing? This article is nothing but some yutz sucking up to teams in the playoffs. They do it every year regardless of how talented the team/player is. Expect to see plenty of coverage about how amazing our defense is (unherald all season) and even some coverage on our young Cbs soon.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Marr,
    The throw to Jenkins was a poor 1 and it was "fit in well between a window". It was a poor read and we are lucky that it wasn't intercepted, as it went thru the defenders arms. Saying it was fit in a tight window is like saying a dropped interception is was nicely thrown away.

Also, the deep ball was a good one. However, did you notice the wind up that was needed to get there? Of course you did but you will neglect that won't you. Its very rare that any Qb will have that time to wind up...

The kid had a good game. However, he didn't have a great game. Still too many stalled drives, still too low a completion percentage. It's a step into the right direction but let's not say its was an Amazing game. When a D student gets a B...it makes people take notice but it's still a B.
    Looks like your taking a page from Marrdro's book. Showing video evidence of something that doesn't support your claim, not exactly 4 wind up steps

It looks to me like Ponder was simply waiting for Wright's route to develop and it looks like the ball went 55 yards in the air and was right where it needed to be. Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Marr,
    First, I didn't write the article and second, the article goes over a 4 game span.

Are you kidding me, the windup? Thats were your going? Go watch the windups the Noodle used to take for cripes sake. Even Manning, both of them and Bady wind up.

All I see is a guy take a double hitchstep along with proper mechanics on a deep throw that hit the WR in stride right were it needed to be.

The kid had a good game. However, he didn't have a great game. Still too many stalled drives, still too low a completion percentage. It's a step into the right direction but let's not say its was an Amazing game. When a D student gets a B...it makes people take notice but it's still a B

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast