Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    And thatís with Ponder, a second-year pro and the No. 12 overall pick in the 2011 draft, posting the worst quarterback rating in the N.F.C. at 78.8, marginally better than that of Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez (67.9).
    If 78.8 is marginally better than 67.9 does that make Newton's 88.0 and Dalton's 87.0 marginally better than Ponders with Kaepernick's 95.9 about the same as Newton's, not so sure about that. I'd say Ponder and Gabbert (77.2) are the same and Locker's 72.9 being marginally less and thats the draft class of 2011 starters excluding Greg McElroy one start 79.2.....also about the same as Ponder which is better than Sanchez's and could be a problem for Mark.

I wonder what the Colts are going to do with Luck since he got a 75.6 rating and he was the first pick of the draft this year

Now I wouldn't say Ponder gets a pass at being the starter next year without some sort of real competition on the roster but judging from the message coming from Fraiser and Spielman it is year 2 of a 3 year plan which I believe means they are sticking with him and I do think its going to be a problem. Even if he pulls off some big numbers against GB (not holding my breath) he has been shaky enough to start investing in a plan B.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    If he accomplishes that, he would have accomplished something he hasn't been able to do in any of his 25 starts thus far.

The only time he's won a game & thrown for over 250 yards with at least 1 passing TD was against the Titans who happen to be 5-10 right now & have the absolute worst defense in the league for points given up.
    You're right and he only has 1 career 3 TD game, vs Denver last year when he also threw for 381 yards. And if I recall, Denver had a pretty stout defense last year too. We would have won that game if the defense could have stopped the prolific passing attack of Tim Tebow. Ponder also only has 5 career games where his rating got above 100.

I was basically trying to say we need a QB that can show up in a big game. Our franchise has a history of choking in big games, and that trend is going to continue if we have a QB that can't handle this type of pressure. Ponder can begin to redeem himself by having a big game tomorrow.

I hope he dinks, dunks, and HANDS THE BALL OFF. Thats it. the earlier game was dominated by AP. Then Ponder chimed in and effed it all up. Please Lord, please don't let Ponder get it into his head that he has to make plays. Why? That's when the wounded ducks that he passes off as throws, come into play. AGAIN, I hope he throws short yardage passes to the TE's, and hands the ball to AP. Blair just may be the game changer. I hate that 1st name, but dang, can he KICK! I always think of that beaaatch from the "Facts of Life." Blair...Was that her name? I woulda smashed it, and then hated myself afterwords
    Tuco the world.....

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    I hope he dinks, dunks, and HANDS THE BALL OFF. Thats it. the earlier game was dominated by AP. Then Ponder chimed in and effed it all up. Please Lord, please don't let Ponder get it into his head that he has to make plays. Why? That's when the wounded ducks that he passes off as throws, come into play. AGAIN, I hope he throws short yardage passes to the TE's, and hands the ball to AP. Blair just may be the game changer. I hate that 1st name, but dang, can he KICK! I always think of that beaaatch from the "Facts of Life." Blair...Was that her name? I woulda smashed it, and then hated myself afterwords
    She is on this season's "Survivor" I don't watch the show but saw it in an article.

Christian Ponder Has Shot at Redemption Against the Packers

He s..ks
    None

Blog Entries
    Looks like the team went into quit mode again.

Christian Ponder Has Shot at Redemption Against the Packers

I eat crow nice throw
    Longest completion this year for pinder
    None

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Looks like the team went into quit mode again.
    Damn, it actually worked!!!!!!!!

LIVike is offline Starter
    I'd say he redeemed himself
    None

Chanse503 is offline Training Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by LIVike View Post
    I'd say he redeemed himself
    Boy did he ever. We may have caught a break with that one slipping through the endzone to Jenkins but that one to Wright and the last one were flawless.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast