Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Who the hell wants serviceable. I say throw the playbook at him and see what he has. If he implodes then get rid of him and bring in the next guy.
    That's essentially what Tark is saying.

We need to find out what he can do & if he can't handle it move on. At least they kept playing him all year rather than put him on the bench weeks ago to find out what he might be able to do in 2014 after bringing in a stop gap QB for next year.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Just win, right?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Ponder doesn't have a shot at redemption... that would entail him playing well, which he can't.

We will lose this game unfortunately, but Peterson will break the record. Still a great year for the purple faithful! Looking forward to an even better 2013!
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    At least when Jackson was QBing, the playcard actually had size to it. The one they're using for Ponder looks more like a recipe card.
    Serious? How many different ways can you draw up a 3 yard pass on 3rd and 5?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Right now all efforts should be on beating the Packers, not talent evaluations.
    It may very well take more than a 50 yard passing game to beat the Packers. This has nothing to do with evaluation, it has to do with win the damn game and beat the packers or go home and be done for the year. I am not sure how what I said implied anything other than giving a 100% effort to beat the Packers. I believe others are implying we should ask him to give less than his all to prevent him from making a mistake which IMHO would be a mistake.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    All I want is a freakin W, I don't care how we beat, just do it. Worry about our shitty QB after the season.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Blog Entries
    Everyone wants to beat GB. But you don't beat them by playing things close to the vest.

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator
    How about no "92% sacked, try to throw it away" passes?

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Who the hell wants serviceable. I say throw the playbook at him and see what he has. If he implodes then get rid of him and bring in the next guy. I think we saw with Jackson that holding back the playbook to hide their flaws only serves to draw out the evaluation process and delay the inevitable. I really want him to succeed and like Ponder but by the same token I don't like him enough to hide him and just hope he doesn't screw up the game.
    I share this opinion. If all we end up with is a serviceable QB, then what do we do if AD goes down for an extended period of time with an injury, or in 4-5 years when his production starts to decline? Hope our defense pitches a shutout every game?

At least when Jackson was QBing, the playcard actually had size to it. The one they're using for Ponder looks more like a recipe card.
    Perhaps he just uses a smaller font than most coaches xD.

Ponder is 0-3 vs the Packers so far in his career. If the Packers somehow shutdown AD and Ponder steps up with a 250+ yard, 3 TD game, including a GW drive in such an important game, I would say he's on his way to redemption, but he's going to have to show he's capable of doing it more often than 2-3 times a season to make me believe he's more than serviceable or redeemed.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    That's essentially what Tark is saying.

We need to find out what he can do & if he can't handle it move on. At least they kept playing him all year rather than put him on the bench weeks ago to find out what he might be able to do in 2014 after bringing in a stop gap QB for next year.
    People here think that we don't need a stud QB and we just need one to get by. Teams built like that don't win. You should strve the get the best players possible at your positions. No position is more important than QB. Get the best QB to go along with the best RB and we would be in the playoffs every year. However, we dumpster dive and ....well...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast