Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is online now Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Christian Ponder Has Shot at Redemption Against the Packers

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I expect a solid but not great performance from Ponder, but I don't think that will equal redemption in my eyes. Maybe if he takes us deep in the playoffs. Otherwise I feel like he is the most limiting factor for the Vikings right now.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    I just want to see him not throw any pics. Complete enough third down passes to keep drives alive and not fumble the ball away. If he does this we have a chance.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    If Ponder becomes a major factor in this game, the odds are much greater that it will be for a negative play than a positive play.
    Musgrave needs to continue to limit Ponder to the few things he is good at and not try to reinvent the wheel.
    Let AP, special teams, and defense secure the victory, with a few small contributions from Ponder.
    No Ponder turnovers, or stupid mistakes, should be the backbone of the offensive game plan.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    If Ponder becomes a major factor in this game, the odds are much greater that it will be for a negative play than a positive play.
    Musgrave needs to continue to limit Ponder to the few things he is good at and not try to reinvent the wheel.
    Let AP, special teams, and defense secure the victory, with a few small contributions from Ponder.
    No Ponder turnovers, or stupid mistakes, should be the backbone of the offensive game plan.

Absolutely. I agree 100%.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

VAKirks is offline Training Camp
    Ponder is going to have to step up eventually. We can't keep limiting him. Only balance is going to go deep into playoffs. If not this Sunday or next, then starting in the offseason. He has fulfill his potential - oh, and the receivers have to get open.
    Bring me the prisoners; I want them alive!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VAKirks View Post
    Ponder is going to have to step up eventually. We can't keep limiting him. Only balance is going to go deep into playoffs. If not this Sunday or next, then starting in the offseason. He has fulfill his potential - oh, and the receivers have to get open.
    I disagree, we can and should keep limiting him.

Ponder can become a serviceable starting QB in this league, similar to Alex Smith. But in order to do so the OC needs to be able to recognize his limits and not try to push past them. I think Musgrave has done a great job with that these last few games, and I want him to continue. GB has a suspect defense against the run, so lets bring the run to them. Run AD all day () and use Ponder to keep them honest with the high percentage short to medium range shots that he is decent at. Throw a deep ball or two in but don't depend on them. If Ponder finishes the game with 150 yards but no picks, then I think we stand a VERY good shot at winning this game.

And the great part is we would be facing Green Bay the next week in the Wildcard too!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Who the hell wants serviceable. I say throw the playbook at him and see what he has. If he implodes then get rid of him and bring in the next guy. I think we saw with Jackson that holding back the playbook to hide their flaws only serves to draw out the evaluation process and delay the inevitable. I really want him to succeed and like Ponder but by the same token I don't like him enough to hide him and just hope he doesn't screw up the game.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Who the hell wants serviceable. I say throw the playbook at him and see what he has. If he implodes then get rid of him and bring in the next guy. I think we saw with Jackson that holding back the playbook to hide their flaws only serves to draw out the evaluation process and delay the inevitable. I really want him to succeed and like Ponder but by the same token I don't like him enough to hide him and just hope he doesn't screw up the game.
    Right now all efforts should be on beating the Packers, not talent evaluations.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    At least when Jackson was QBing, the playcard actually had size to it. The one they're using for Ponder looks more like a recipe card.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast