Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Chris Hovan released information on Mike Tice

yah exactly what i was thinking b-dub.. its gonna be a gamble either way.. no way of telling for sure if someone is gonna come in and be great.. you may have a good idea of it but no true way!

coreyd is offline Coach

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    yah exactly what i was thinking b-dub.. its gonna be a gamble either way.. no way of telling for sure if someone is gonna come in and be great.. you may have a good idea of it but no true way!
    I agree that drafting both is a risk, but when you draft a guy on the offensive side of the ball they are given more time to adjust to the game. I mean, if a running back comes in the league and doesnt rush for a thousand yards his first season nobody really cares. And if a qb like Eli comes in and flops during the first couple of years, nothing is really said. But, if you grab a guy on defense, and he gives up a few plays that result in points on the board, they are usually sitting on the bench, and being cut, and then the draft comes along next year and his position is filled. Look at Hovan, the guy was pretty solid his first couple of years, but then his game started to fall, and now he is fishing in some hick town located in Iowa waiting for his phone to ring. Where as Plax is being looked at throughout the league and people still thing he hasnt proved anything.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I felt bad for Hovan in 2003, I thought he caught a lot of crap for not producing, but everytime I watched him, he was constantly double and triple teamed. I think that wore on him, and rather than hanging in there, he got frustrated, and became a whiner, and a distraction to the defense. But at this point, I'd say get rid of him, unless he returns to the form he was at in the first couple years of his career.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

which i seriously doubt that will happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12